Rooney to leave United

Flojo

I respect him for coming out and being so barefaced about it, but f*ck him ever putting on a Utd shirt again.Just need to hurry and sort out the transfer quick.Without Rooney this season we been playing ok, bar the defense going awol, we would be flying, long term I'm not sure though./Heard it was Scholes tackle that put him on a stretcher?!?! PMSL

tbh if this doesnt start a REAL backlash against the glazers nothing will.....how can utd, one of the biggest clubs in the world sell a price asset for 80m and not re-invest in star replacements?while watching the like of there shitty rivals snap up world class stars....no wonder rooney is pissed.
If you take this thread as a cross section of United support, it proves there will be still some who continue to bury their heads in the sand over whats going on, and choose to blame Rooney for being disloyal or whatever else.
dont be fooled, not saying he wont be missed, saying we'll be OK
United have been through bigger things than this and kept on going, Yes our best player is going but Things carry on, thats why that letter was stupid and pathetic.We'll never die.
I think Man Utd fans should wait and see what happens over the next few games that Rooney doesnt play before they say they'll be fine so soon.
without rooney we'll still be top 4 and serious contenders for trophies
Domesticly, tbh i think we'll be alrite. I.e CL Qualifying,Dunno past that.To whoever said i would be jumping round my living room, you'd be suprised, for the last 5 years i've been hoping to be proved wrong about the pricks in charge, and it saddens me not to have been,But i aint gonna get pissed off or really worked up about something i knew was bound to happen 5 years ago. I might come on here and and sound smug about things or whatever else. But i can say without any doubt in my mind these things piss off no one on here more than me.But the writings been on the wall for 5 years guys, and we know how to stop the rot. But the lemmings for whatever reason choose not to. Fair play to Rooney for coming out and saying what i honestly believe we all knew and thought anyway, but hopefully now people will open their eyes to whats happening.And Fergie saying he doesn't know why he wants out? I hope he's asked about that comment before our next game.Sad state of affairs but as i said we'll never die, Watch us paper over the cracks with a win tonight, Good day to bury bad rubbish, and the lemmings will be appeasedNothing will change, the lemmings will still come to the ground, the Glazers will still be paid and the rot will continue,Untill of course..............

I was interested to hear what Sir Alex has had to say yesterday, and surprised by some of it.It is absolutley true, my agent and I have had a number of meetings with the club about a new contract.During those meetings in August, I asked for assurances that the club continued to seek to attract the top players in the world.I never had anything but complete respect for Manchester United football club.How could I not have done, given its fantastic history, especially its last 6 years, which I've been lucky to play a part.For me, it's always about winning trophies, as the club has always done under Sir Alex Ferguson, because of that, I think the questions I ask were justified.However, when I met with David Gill last week, he did not give me any of the assurances I was seeking about the future squad. I then told him I would not be signing a new contract despite recent difficulties.I know I will always owe Sir Alex a huge debt, he is a great manager and mentor who has helped and supported me from the day he signed me from Everton when I was 18.For Manchester United's sake, I wish he could go on forever because he is a genius.
LMAOHOW CAN HE SAY???
everything in that statement sums up whats wrong with footballwas Rooney a world class player before he went to unitedwas ronaldowas beckhamwas giggswas scholes for f*ck sakes.... it seems like no one believes in developing players any more....might as well get rid of all the acadamies
Rooney was born with it. Same as all the other players you mentioned

Swap deal for Arteta, since Scholes may retire, leaving the creative CM department pretty much open
don't sell yrself short kid. u might as well tek Howard n Beckford n all.
are You havin a f*ckin laugh?Rooney for Arteta is a good deal for both involved, other than Rooney being 3 years youngerRooney can finish - so can Berbatov and Hernandez, so, so the f*ck what if You don't have Rooneyother handArteta can finish, take set pieces better than all of Man United's current players, and create.
  • Downvote 1

Guest M12 Part 2

ALL Im gonna say is the game done changed. C Ronaldo started this with his slave talk. Players have too much power now. Arsenal fans will see this summer when Fabregas cuts back to Barca. If a player wants to go in his heart. All you can do is delay it. You cant stop it anymore. Regardless of contract length or "loyalty" or any other factors.Player power is on the rise

roonney has a pointi aint sayin its the only reason hes leaving but look at ur last 8 transferschris smallingchicaritobebevalenciaowenobertandiouftosicthat doesnt win u the champions leaguebackwards movements given ronaldo and tevez have gone, and ur still relying on giggs /scholes

ALL Im gonna say is the game done changed. C Ronaldo started this with his slave talk. Players have too much power now. Arsenal fans will see this summer when Fabregas cuts back to Barca. If a player wants to go in his heart. All you can do is delay it. You cant stop it anymore. Regardless of contract length or "loyalty" or any other factors.Player power is on the rise
If you think Ronaldo started this, you haven't been payin enough attention.This hasn't really got much to do with Player power really, its about a players ambition and potential and that of a club who when he signed were in a certain position and now appear to be in another. We laughed and took advantage when it went tits up at Leeds and a slightly similar thing happened player wise, and we profited twice from it.

add De Leat to that list mate. (just to make it a little bit more exciting)And just a quick question for Gambino, do you still think the business dealings off The Glazers aren't the business of me or any other United fan?
You can question their dealings all year but you ain't gonna do sh*t to change it. I just wasn't willing to run a support a new team of defects when that sh*t hit the fan. Plus Rooney should of stuck around through the hard times, he wasn't complaining when he was banging all them Goals in last season with the same group of players. His personal life has f*cked things up right now not the club in my eyes.

add De Leat to that list mate. (just to make it a little bit more exciting)And just a quick question for Gambino, do you still think the business dealings off The Glazers aren't the business of me or any other United fan?
You can question their dealings all year but you ain't gonna do sh*t to change it. I just wasn't willing to run a support a new team of defects when that sh*t hit the fan. Plus Rooney should of stuck around through the hard times, he wasn't complaining when he was banging all them Goals in last season with the same group of players. His personal life has f*cked things up right now not the club in my eyes.
I have never told anyone on here to go support FC United, as you cant just go and supprt a team coz someone tells you to, you have to feel it. And with all due respect theres a type of fan FC United attracts so i wouldnt expect to see you at any games tbh. Not sure whats hard to understand about a group of supprters used to going to games and the whole occasion linked to doing so who are either disolusioned with things at said club or who have been priced out opting not to pay their money, but still wanting to experience the thrill of going to games where they can watch a team they care about, and singing songs about people from the past they give a sh*t about.If being priced out and disrespected by a club to the point where we can take no more makes us defects then so be it, and i ll sit with that hat on for ever more. But just know this defect contributed more to this club than you have done to this day and probably will do for the rest of your life.From when the Glazer are in control of the club i love and their business dealings directly effect the club and the future stability of it, i consider it to definitly be my business.And The reason why the Glazers are still in charge at OT is down to the steady stream of money filling their pockets. If that stream stopped it wouldnt make sense for them to carry on, however tbh the dealing of the last 11 months may have disrupted the possibility of even doing that, as the bond thing said some very worrying things about what could now happen if profits dropped.Forza defecto!!!!!

Not sure if this was postedLater-wankers1.jpgWayne-Rooney-004.jpg

Absent in spirit from Old Trafford and absent in person, Wayne Rooney at least gave his erstwhile public something of himself with a statement issued around two hours before kick-off. The timing alone must have angered Sir Alex Ferguson, but what of the substance of Rooney's remarks? Can Manchester United really be said to lack ambition and are they now so financially hamstrung they can no longer compete in the transfer market?A glance at the teamsheet for the Bursaspor game would suggest the answers might be yes and yes. Federico Macheda up front and Bebé alongside Gabriel Obertan on the bench hardly sent out a message of strength to the rest of Europe and, even if Ferguson had attacking insurance in Dimitar Berbatov and Javier Hernández, one of those strikers is only just starting to show his true capabilities and the other is only just starting. Take Rooney out of the equation, as United found to their cost at the business end of last season, and the frontline begins to flatline.While that may not be entirely Ferguson's fault, it is not down to Rooney either. One could argue that the player is being entirely consistent in his reasoning, having chosen United over Everton precisely because they could match his ambitions. Now it appears they cannot, either in terms of buying top players or the unstated matter of paying astronomical wages, and it is difficult for Ferguson to counter that argument because it is precisely what the fans have been saying for the past few years.Cleverly, the Rooney camp has effectively joined the anti-Glazer protest. The manager sided with the owners out of loyalty to the club, even though not even MUTV believes the tightened purse strings have anything to do with lack of value in the market, and his star player has called his bluff. Rooney may not be perceived as sharp enough to do all this on his own but the point is that he is not acting alone. He is being guided by an agent, Paul Stretford, who makes it his business to know exactly how much clubs are able to spend. Always has been. Ask Everton.Six years ago when precocious of Croxteth marked his United debut with a sparkling hat-trick against Fenerbahce it was not just Wayne's world that was full of promise but his new club's. English football had a new leading light, David Beckham and the 1999 treble were gliding out of view amid confidence that the new century would bring United just as much glory, and even the massively extended Old Trafford was living up to its billing as a theatre of dreams.José Mourinho and Chelsea soon put a stop to such reverie but United thought they had overcome that interruption after a couple of seasons. Managers who last three years, no matter how flashy and successful, are mere irritations to an empire built on longevity. As might be expected of a club where the manager's unchallenged supremacy is measured in decades, United are accustomed to taking the long view.That was why they spent £27m on a teenager in the first place. Rooney may not have been produced at the club, like Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, but if he was the foremost talent in England no one else was going to have him. Even at that price Rooney would be a bargain if he stayed at United until his old age and kept filling his boots as joyously as he did on debut.Now he is not going to do that, there are no certainties any more, apart from recognising that Rooney evidently intends to carry on filling his boots. If United cannot keep their best players and Rooney follows Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo out of the club, how will they persuade replacements of the necessary calibre to join them?Were Rooney 18 again, would it be United breaking the bank to snatch him, or would it be Manchester City or Chelsea? No one is pretending that United, who won only the Carling Cup last season, have begun this one in a manner calculated to worry their monied rivals. If Ferguson is really "dumbfounded" over why his star player should want to play his trade elsewhere, then how is the next manager going to sell United's superiority over the hard cash and more obvious ambition of rivals?Ferguson was planning for a future way beyond his retirement date when he invested in Rooney, placing a constant at the club that would serve as a peg on which to hang a successful team for years to come. The parent outlasting the adopted son was completely unforeseen, which explains the palpable sense of shock in Ferguson's unburdening statement.You might never have guessed it from the extensive list of Ferguson victories that has been endlessly trotted out over the past week – the rout of Jaap Stam, the war of Beckham's eyebrow, the banishment of Roy Keane and so on – but this is a manager who is 69 at the end of the year and one who has said he intends to step down in the next couple of seasons.This battle is lost already, there is no time for more teambuilding, and from the sound of it no money either, although Ferguson and the owners deny that. While Ferguson will always talk a good fight and do his utmost for the club, when it comes to being hard-nosed he may just have met his match. Loyalty, as they say in the newspaper industry and doubtless many others, is what they shaft you with.http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/20/wayne-rooney-manchester-united-bursaspor

Lol.This is a shambles. Lol @ not playing him though. Man wants to leave but llow letting him buy out his contract because we didnt play man. Cuttin off our nose to spite our face.Play man. Let him regain form. Get what we can out of him. Sell him for stupid money.

Lol.This is a shambles. Lol @ not playing him though. Man wants to leave but llow letting him buy out his contract because we didnt play man. Cuttin off our nose to spite our face.Play man. Let him regain form. Get what we can out of him. Sell him for stupid money.
Correct, I understand fans saying we should hang him out to dry and i Understand the need for Fergie to visually exert his control at the club,But we are in no positiom to f*ck around here.

Correct, I understand fans saying we should hang him out to dry and i Understand the need for Fergie to visually exert his control at the club,But we are in no positiom to f*ck around here.
Completely agree although he has been playing terribly.