Champions League 2nd Round Draw Build Up Thread )

Mame Biram Diouf

Vermaelen was horrible in both games..

Gallas only played 45 mins of 1st leg

Cesc played half fit 1st leg

Arshavin 29min 1st leg

RVP no minutes

Song played 1st leg (45mins at CB)

Lets hope we play a strong team in both legs

It could be different this time around, they have no Ibra n players cud get inj but over two legs I cant see us "doing a job" ova Barca like Chelski, Utd & Lpool have dun inda past

We must finally beat Lyon ffs(I think we will this season)

If Milan can take a two goal advantage to England then I can see them porgressing into the last eight.

As for the tie of the round. Barca to beat Arsenal home and away with ease furthermore if Barca don't go through then I quit Vip2forum.

Why do they need a 2 goal lead?! Smh, Milan look as open as Spurs tbh. Games will have goals home and away and Milan have players that certain Spurs man will be in awe of and only get close come shirt swapping time.

ahh why am I talking... Swear down. Infact Inzaghi back for Spurs?

N/A PACK YOUR F*CKING BAGS MATE WE'RE GOING TO SPAIN!!! :Y:

being serious to the arsenal man dem saying we will go out of this in feb

then win the league do u really believe this

i think the league is to fart

Yes, but we have to stay close until that time obviously, when yu can call it way better. We dont really have a squad to compete and win in 3-4 comps.

• Downvote 1

Abou was involved in all of our positive moments at the Camp Nou..it was the lesbian who didnt do much

/

Just clocked Iniesta didnt even play last season did he? he was inj n came on late inda 2nd leg lol

Diaby is food to them tho. He carries the ball too long and then they pounced on him. Plus the c*nt never passed to Walcott, oh and he was dead after 70 mins.

Look Diaby made 1

And shudda passed 2 wally to make another

He has the stride to turn defence into attack, he cud bypass their midfield in 4/5 touches.. he must play

They are food 2 Diaby, when they all pounced on him he won the ball back and the twats wer outta da game n we scored.. we need 2 exploit their pressing game..

What we need to do is turn the midgets in midfield and f*ck*ng attack, Walcott betta be firing

Fam stop talking like you only watched teh highlights. Yes he can create but he also was the one that kept losing the ball and allowing them to attack us.

And as you pointed out Iniesta didnt play.

everything Diaby did was at the start, and once Busquets worked out his frame didnt highlight his touch or way he assumed he'd play, he worked him well. Infact thats when I started to rate Busquets because before then I dint not rate him at all.

Why are Spurs fans getting giddy?

You're facing a good team playing in a somewhat competitive league, but are very beatable.

We're facing one of the best teams ever.

We'll very probably go out, but perform strongly domestically, whilst Spurs will make it to the quarters & finish 5th-6th...

Don't get carried away, please.

• Upvote 2

We must finally beat Lyon ffs(I think we will this season)

If Milan can take a two goal advantage to England then I can see them porgressing into the last eight.

As for the tie of the round. Barca to beat Arsenal home and away with ease furthermore if Barca don't go through then I quit Vip2forum.

Why do they need a 2 goal lead?! Smh, Milan look as open as Spurs tbh. Games will have goals home and away and Milan have players that certain Spurs man will be in awe of and only get close come shirt swapping time.

ahh why am I talking... Swear down. Infact Inzaghi back for Spurs?

please go on, youve been good at telling us what spurs will do recently..... :Y:

N/A PACK YOUR F*CKING BAGS MATE WE'RE GOING TO SPAIN!!! :Y:

doubt i will be there mate :(

happy with the draw we can show barca who plays the best football in the world :D

being serious to the arsenal man dem saying we will go out of this in feb

then win the league do u really believe this

These are the same jokers that said we would win the league for past few seasons.

You lot can talk about players/tactics all you like. If Barca show up we're out

This game has nothing to do with our backline.

lol

When you play Barcelona, the game is won in midfield. You could have the best backline on the planet, but when you play a team that employ what is essentially a strikerless formation, in addition to their ingenuity & ball retention ability, then best believe they'll run riot REGARDLESS of who you play in defence.

The midfield & attack need to be part of the defensive unit when you play them. That simple.

We talk about how we had Song & Silvestre in the defence & Alumnia in goal when we played them. Yet they put 5 past a Mourinho-run Madrid team with Casillas, Ramos, Carvalho, Pepe, Arbeloa & Marcelo (sh*t defensively) in their backline.

• Downvote 3

When you play Barcelona, the game is won in midfield. You could have the best backline on the planet, but when you play a team that employ what is essentially a strikerless formation, in addition to their ingenuity & ball retention ability, then best believe they'll run riot REGARDLESS of who you play in defence.

The midfield & attack need to be part of the defensive unit when you play them. That simple.

We talk about how we Song & Silvestre in the defence & Alumnia in goal when we played them. Yet they put 5 past a Mourinho-run Madrid team with Casillas, Ramos, Carvalho, Pepe, Arbeloa & Marcelo (sh*t defensively) in their backline.

The game is won all over the pitch. No matter how good your midfield/attack play the defence will still be tested. You not see how well the Inter defense had to play last season?

To say defense doesn't matter is one of the dumbest things I've read on here

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why interpret it as an absolute statement?

Of course the stronger the backline, the less likely you'll concede, it's common sense. The point was that when you play Barcelona, midfield & attack are far more important as a unit.

That Inter defence was no different to the one who lost at the Nou Camp 3-1, but the tactical change happened in midfield & the defensive duties of the attackers, Pandev & Eto'o.

Unlike others, I'm not that guy who goes on the silly back & forth discussions, learn how to interpret opinions better. The context of what I said about defence was pretty clear in my last post.

Guest Rorschach

Of course the stronger the backline, the less likely you'll concede, it's common sense.

Your problem (any teams) against Barca is all over the pitch though

But the final third is where the fatal strikes are delivered

and Arsenals defensive third .... she's leaky.

It's a gaurantee your midfield will be run ragged, so if they falter, the likes of Koscienly and Squillaci aren't going to be rocks at the back for you

Inter, as you said, had made provisions to stop Barca all across the pitch

You know Wenger won't do this

Of course the stronger the backline, the less likely you'll concede, it's common sense.

Your problem (any teams) against Barca is all over the pitch though

But the final third is where the fatal strikes are delivered

and Arsenals defensive third .... she's leaky.

It's a gaurantee your midfield will be run ragged, so if they falter, the likes of Koscienly and Squillaci aren't going to be rocks at the back for you

Inter, as you said, had made provisions to stop Barca all across the pitch

You know Wenger won't do this

Of course I do. Hence me stating from the start we'll lose.

My point is, (as stated from the start & on various other occasions), Barcelona have only lost in one way. Incredible defensive discipline in midfield/attack & counter-attacks. Fact. So for Barcelona SPECIFICALLY, these are the KEY areas. Of course it's a given that your backline should be on point. It should be the case for every match. But we're talking about Barca here.

So, we've concluded Arsenal's backline is 'leaky', by top standards. That won't change drastically by February, but the areas that can be tweaked are in the other 2 thirds of the pitch.

Barcelona don't build attacking moves in the final third, they build them in their half. Instead of focusing on preventing goals per se when they get to your penalty area, focus on preventing them from even creating chances. That's what Inter did last season. It weren't like Maicon, Lucio, Samuel & Chivu were pulling all kinds of last-ditch tackles/interceptions Paul McGrath-style throughout the match.