Weekend Football

Black.

smh. some people chat so much sh*t.Cant belive some people will actually go to the extent of PRAISING stoke city in order to try and make a point. (I know anelka loves t.roll.ing but meh)The same shite about weak league gets pulled out all the time yet whenever these teams meet with english oppo in europe, look what happens....Infact, even when Everton tried qualifying for CL, they got ended by villareal if im not mistaken? and villareal is a team in a small town whose population isnt much more than there stadium capacity./What also gets me is, individually, pretty much the whole of barca and real madrids starting 11's would be classed as 'world class' or 'top 5 in thier position in the world' or whatever, yet when theyre in a team, suddenly the only reason they win so easily is because of weak opposition???Spain are the best team in the world, and 7 of those players play for Barca. 7 world cup winning starters (ive not even included the likes of valdes and pedro) plus the second best player in the world.......and people are still wondering why theyre rolling espanyol over?Imagine if Blackburn played Barca :D dont even know why im justyifying these sorts of comments tbh

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

but the rest below that I'd say are stronger in England.
you support villa course you would say that BUT.....if it was the case spanish sides wouldnt of europa league last 4 out of 7 seasons as thats the second tier competitionthink i kinda c/s TFs post about positionsanyways the premier leagues even pot has created less premier league winners then la ligas uneven one.....just united and arsenal...... chelsea and blackburn had sugar dadies
Nah not even.I just think that Arse, Citeh, Spurs, Liverpool are better sides than Atleti, Valencia, Sevilla and Villarreal.In Spain the lower ranked sides are just poor imitations of the top sides, similar football and suffer from the same weaknesses. Over here the poor sides have no shame about playing to their strengths.The physical side expressed by Villa, Everton, Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle etc would be too much for the Spanish equivalents. IMO anyway.I don't even care for it like that, Spain has the bigger and better names, probably the better players. I just think if you put all 40 sides in a league together the English teams would be nearer the top than the Spaniards.Philosophy is different over there, they seem to prefer losing gracefully than drawing ugly. And that's the difference, where here every single 50/50 challenge counts like it's life or death.
  • Upvote 1

Cant belive some people will actually go to the extent of PRAISING stoke city in order to try and make a point. (I know anelka loves t.roll.ing but meh)
This is Stoke City where Man Utd win by the odd goal every season and Fergie completely changes his set up and XI to try and counter their threats.That is a perfect example of why the English league requires it's Champion to be more versatile. You wouldn't catch Barca changing their style drastically in the domestic league, especially against a bottom half opponent.
  • Upvote 1

you support villa course you would say that BUT.....if it was the case spanish sides wouldnt of europa league last 4 out of 7 seasons as thats the second tier competitionthink i kinda c/s TFs post about positionsanyways the premier leagues even pot has created less premier league winners then la ligas uneven one.....just united and arsenal...... chelsea and blackburn had sugar dadies
Nah not even.I just think that Arse, Citeh, Spurs, Liverpool are better sides than Atleti, Valencia, Sevilla and Villarreal.In Spain the lower ranked sides are just poor imitations of the top sides, similar football and suffer from the same weaknesses. Over here the poor sides have no shame about playing to their strengths.The physical side expressed by Villa, Everton, Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle etc would be too much for the Spanish equivalents. IMO anyway.I don't even care for it like that, Spain has the bigger and better names, probably the better players. I just think if you put all 40 sides in a league together the English teams would be nearer the top than the Spaniards.Philosophy is different over there, they seem to prefer losing gracefully than drawing ugly. And that's the difference, where here every single 50/50 challenge counts like it's life or death.
You think physicality trumps technique?

They're not anything special, but certainly a match for the English teams mentioned.I don't believe Spanish are better, but I don't like the way people detract from Barca & Madrid by claiming teams La Liga are inferior to PL teams, which they're not.It's just Barca/Madrid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Chelsea & United >>>> Arsenal >>> City/Spurs/Pool....

• Upvote 1

The top 2 are far, far superior, easily. The three best sides in the world are Barcelona, Spain and Real Madrid. But the majority the rest of the league aren't, which is why I said it just depends on how you prefer to percieve league strength.If it's at the top end and who'd win the honours, then it's Spain. If it's the rest of it then it's England.

HangTheDJ gets a pos for saving me typing..But what is this notion of Real Madrid being in the top three teams in the world, when was the last time they won anything?? 16 games into La Liga and people are saying their a top 3 team??People get extremely carried away by these big names and start falling over themselves..Get a grip

• Upvote 1

Agree with the point about Real Madrid. They constantly of recent get knocked out of champions league at last 16. So they have got new manager, new players. They are 2nd. Ain't won anything yet. They have to get to at least semi's of Champs league, otherwise failure. They may blitz the rest of Spain, but nothing to say they are better than England's top. They maybe feared. But haven't proven anything yet.

In Spain the lower ranked sides are just poor imitations of the top sides, similar football and suffer from the same weaknesses. Over here the poor sides have no shame about playing to their strengths.The physical side expressed by Villa, Everton, Stoke, Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle etc would be too much for the Spanish equivalents. IMO anyway.
misconceptionas i said earlier sides like atletico, mallorca, depor and getafe play more like english teams then barca styleand as i also said if that tier of side was better then the spanish equivalent how come they always get dumped out in europe by them

Guest Portuguese

LOL@Messi not being able to adapt(He isn't Reyes)Messi would do what Cantona used to do in the mid 90'sSo people are saying the likes of Atletico,Mallorca,Depor would struggle with the likes of Stoke,Blackburn etc etc seriously?Going on that judgement would that mean only the likes of Manchester United/Chelsea/Arsenal could cope with Athletic Bilbao(because they combine physical power with technique)?Barca>>>>>Inter>ManchesterUnited>Chelsea>>>>>The rest of the also rans.

Guest Portuguese
Barca>>>>>Inter>ManchesterUnited>Chelsea>>>>>The rest of the also rans.
Same Inter that Tottenham beat?f*ck outta here.
European and World Champions?f*ck outta here.