Jack Wilshere

Guest luckstar

Big Jack fan but I don't see how guys can be calling him the soul of the club when he's hasn't cemented himself in the team

Also going by his injury proness who's to say he ever will?

Think the point is, unless he wants to go we don't actually need to sell him, and with that in mind I don't think we will. I wouldn't personally say he is the absolute soul of the team, but he represents a lot of what wenger stands for, it would almost be an admission of defeat if Wenger were to sell him. Look at Diaby...if he's still about Jacks going nowhere.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wenger says "He needs one or two years without problems to get the full confidence and belief back"

How likely is that?

Tripe from Wenger, in our strongest 11 he doesn't get in, I know injuries etc but he's not really a starter.

Ideally for him, he goes to West Ham and becomes their marquee signing when they move to stratty. He needs to play every week to develop, that won't happen with us.

If I was his agent, I'd be using next season as a "put yourself in the shop window" for a move the following season.

Mike

Verratti has a better passing range than Wilshere (long and short) which means his vision is better.

Verratti and Wilshere play in the same positions because Verratti was never used as a Deep line playmaker for PSG under Ancelotti

He played in a two with Matuidi. Verratti plays his way out of trouble he is so calm and composed.

Wilshere is more aggressive and has a better work rate than Verratti

Match temperament Verratti wins this for me.

That's fair enough that you think Wilshere is suited better as an 6/8 but when I saw him play years ago I thought I was 
watching Messi not even joking

That they started comparing him to Liam Brady that's when I knew his position will change

Injuries have killed him 

Another thing I have said I rate Wilshere highly but for me the likes of Verratti, Thiago are more talented than him.

I actually disrespected Verratti

Mike

Verratti has a better passing range than Wilshere (long and short) which means his vision is better.

Verratti and Wilshere play in the same positions because Verratti was never used as a Deep line playmaker for PSG under Ancelotti

He played in a two with Matuidi. Verratti plays his way out of trouble he is so calm and composed.

Wilshere is more aggressive and has a better work rate than Verratti

Match temperament Verratti wins this for me.

That's fair enough that you think Wilshere is suited better as an 6/8 but when I saw him play years ago I thought I was 
watching Messi not even joking

That they started comparing him to Liam Brady that's when I knew his position will change

Injuries have killed him 

Another thing I have said I rate Wilshere highly but for me the likes of Verratti, Thiago are more talented than him.

I actually disrespected Verratti

So did i.

:clueless:

Wide playmaker? Another week another new position on the vip2 forum

So Arda Turan, Javier Pastore, Modric (early Spurs period), Koke, Santi Cazorla, Zinedine Zidane, Isco, Nedved...actually...NVM.

Very good list apart from Koke

He isn't a playmaker just a glorified set piece taker

Wide playmaker? Another week another new position on the vip2 forum

So Arda Turan, Javier Pastore, Modric (early Spurs period), Koke, Santi Cazorla, Zinedine Zidane, Isco, Nedved...actually...NVM.

SMH at that list, playmaker term given far too generously

True playmankers: Zidane, Riquelme, Fabregas, Pirlo, Sneider, Deco, Modric (late Spurs/Madrid) etc