Villa managerial topic - Page 8 for 2012 edition

TF S4DK

you just made up that list init ?

Lambert seems in the frame.

for the way Villa play Alex McLeish was worst appointment ever, i honestly don't know what possessed Lerner and his advisors to go for him

Roberto Martinez would be a good appointment because of his philosophy, although i'd have my doubts with appointing someone thats finished just outside of the relegation zone 3 season in row

there surely must be some other options out there that aren't the usual suspects? even outside the Prem?

I think my stance on f*ckin' 'Eck is known.

Lambert or Martinez the smart money is on. Poyet, Di Matteo or Curbishley (lol) outsiders.

We'll spend big again this Summer now a load of the high earners have gone. Dunne, Collins and Warnock only have a year left so they should be easy(easier) to move on.

We've attempted doing it the way Spurs got there by bossing about the Clubs smaller than us and splashing obscene amounts of money, but we weren't enough of a drawer (or MON was unable) to get top class players. Now we need to be a bit more savvy and adopt a different approach.

Talk of a DoF being appointed before a manager, which is something I can get on board with. Get a footballing identity and a cohesive way of playing that is replicated from the firsts all the way down. That way if a manager walks out and takes his staff we won't be still feeling the affects some 2 years on. We'd also have people with the best interests of the Club (as opposed to their reputations) handing the contracts over and spending the money.

Get it right and we'll do well. Get it very right and we'll be back up there.

martinez is destined for bigger things

• Upvote 1

he will leave

mick mccarthy

Nah he hasn't. He is interested, but the principle financial backer of Molde has said he will remove his support should the manager leave during their mid season. In 9 days they have a half season break, so maybe more will happen then.

If he didn't want the job he wouldn't have flew to Birmingham while in another position.

The club are also interviewing more candidates. I got a tenner on at 5/1 on OGS today when the odds drifted out.

/

If McCarthy is appointed Villa manager - ghost me. They won't make that mistake again.

He's back to being favourite. He might not become the manager, but he's no less out of the running than he was 2 days ago. If he is, alot of Villa supporters are going to make alot of money due to the incompetence of the British press (who have no conveniently back-tracked).

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: I want to manage Aston Villa

OLE Gunnar Solskjaer has taken a significant step closer to becoming Aston Villa’s next boss after telling Molde he is keen to manage the claret and blues.

Solskjaer has confirmed to his current club in Norway that he intends to leave them if he receives a firm offer from Villa chairman Randy Lerner.

The 39-year-old Norwegian surged to the top of Lerner’s wishlist after impressing the owner following a jet-setting job interview on Friday.

And although a deal is yet to be done and Villa are still considering other candidates it appears to be a major development in their search for a successor to Alex McLeish.

Former Manchester United favourite Solskjaer has told Molde bosses that he wants the chance to manage Villa in the Premier League.

Solskjaer could bring coaches Mark Dempsey and Richard Hartis, while he is also interested in signing Molde star Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

According to reports in the Norwegian press, Solskjaer last night told the club’s bosses that he did intend to go if offered the chance to manage Villa.

It has been reported that Solskjaer, who takes charge of Molde’s match at at Sandnes Ulf today (Sunday) would leave when the Norwegian league takes a temporary break at the end of May for Euro 2012.

Solskjaer hinted that the match against Honefoss on Friday could be his last.

“My answer was that if Aston Villa will have a new manager and they want me, and I agree, they can not wait until after the season,” he said Solskjaer. “It will naturally take place in the Norwegian holiday. Most likely with Honefoss as the last match. “A new manager must be in place from pre season. It is the natural time.”

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: I want to manage Aston Villa

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2012/05/19/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-i-want-to-manage-aston-villa-97319-31006416/