Battle Royal For Eden Hazard?

Mame Biram Diouf

Jose Mourinho has warned Eden Hazard he must improve his work-rate or get used to life on the bench.

The Belgian winger, Player of the Year last season, was dropped as Chelsea beat Aston Villa 2-0 and the manager explained it as a tactical move.

'I left out Hazard because we are conceding lots of goals,' said Mourinho. 'We need to defend better. We need our midfielders to be just worried in the central area of the pitch, not worrying about compensation on the left or right.

'Playing with Willian and Pedro, the midfielders don't have to move left or right. They know those parts are controlled.

'It was leaving super quality on the bench, but bringing tactical discipline and hoping the team could be solid.

'I will continue that way, or he comes in our direction and tries to emulate the same work that Willian and Pedro put in.'

Must be sat watching Kdb leave him behind like Cristiano did Quaresma thinking how do i get out

Mata >>>

Tapping up Hazard for us

‘If a luxury player is a player who scores and assists and has good stats – then I’m happy to be a luxury player,’ Mata told The Times.

“I’ve scored as many goals for Manchester United in the Premier League as for Chelsea, but in something like 30 games less.
‘In terms of scoring and assisting, I'm quite happy with the stats, and stats don't lie. They are facts.

I want luxury players in my team. I like creative players and players who do different things. It’s easy to say certain players are luxuries, especially when you’ve lost a game.

‘When you lose a certain kind of player – the creative players – always get the blame."

“I really value his honesty,” he continued. “When someone does something in training that he really likes, he goes over to hug and kiss them — he really does it.

“Or he will say in front of everyone, ‘You are the best in training, I'm really proud of how you played,’ to set a a good example to others. 

“Van Gaal is how you see him in the press conferences, he's like that with us too.

"He's honest and straight-forward. He believes in his style of training and way of preparing for games. He's won trophies everywhere he's been and hopefully this season now we know him better we'll win something too.”
  • Downvote 2

mata cant talk tho 

was subbed at half time for the same reason hazard was dropped

• 1 month later...
"In 10 seconds [Hazard] made the decision himself," Mourinho explained in his post-game interview with Sky Sports. 

"[The injury] must be something important. His first reaction was ‘I can’t’ and his second reaction was ‘I want to try’, then he goes on the pitch and he couldn’t do it. 

"In three different seconds he had different perspectives, so that’s it. He’s injured, definitely. In the game I don’t know [how serious it is], but now I can have time to understand what the injury is.

daaaaaamn

• Downvote 1

He is their clubs legacy

• Upvote 2