Neymar

Mame Biram Diouf

I cant criticise him for this tbh, hope he develops more as a player at Santos before he moves on, has all the attributes to be a great and this seems quite a mature decision from him.

Think its strange he's getting so much criticism for it considering the sheer amount of people who say "he came to europe too soon" about other players when they leave their team young and it doesn't go so well. Swear people forget neymar is only 19 and how quickly things can change in football, signing a new contract doesn't mean massive amounts in football anymore. Obviously theres the quotes but (even though i DO see him fulfilling that contract and remaining there to the 2014 WC) its not exactly guaranteed, plenty of times players have signed new deals stating how much they want to stay at a club for many more years then end up leaving before said contract is up.

As much as i'd love to see him in european football asap, its good to see him being patient and trying to improve before making such a big move. Should be good for his career.

• Upvote 2

to be honest he needs to mature more before he comes to europe anyway.

• 4 months later...

Pace/power isn't everything

His likely destination is Barca so why would power and pace be essential to him

Neymar is a craque

I meant more along the lines of explosive acceleration with the power to hold off his marker?

He is quicker with the ball than without

You see I thought you expected him to be a speed merchant that's why I thought it was irrelevant

He is very slight that's why he tends to dribble past defenders than try hold them off.