Fabricio Coloccini

Mame Biram Diouf

Guest Portuguese

Premiership strikers struggle as it is against him but to think Championship strikers were taking the piss out of him.

He played in slippers and a cuban cigar in his mouth for the whole of 09-10 season

diego lugano.

:rofl: :rofl:

newcastle getting relegated done coloccini a world of good, his confidence went through the roof, and the reason why he was struggling in the premiership is because he was always covering for bassong/taylor.. yet he was seen to be made public enemy number 1, its no surprise that bassong is about to move to qpr... and taylor is praising coloccini for making him a better defender.

he's a very good defender, and has the physical attributes to play until he's 35 imo.

pmsl at only king comes close, king is better than coloccini in every aspect and i rate collocini highly too

but he has big weaknesses his biggest being how damn slow he is he makes terry look like bolt, and his turning circle is similar to mertesacker

remember how elmander abused him so bad he had to elbow smash him and get a red card

• Upvote 2

On the subject of Diego Lugano forgot Liverpool have Coates

Is he alive?

Yeah he's played a few games but he's suffered from Agger being fully fit and Skrtel finding some consistency. Think he's being eased into the side gradually, been very good in the games he's played though, most notably against stoke excluding the mistake for the goal.

On the subject of Diego Lugano forgot Liverpool have Coates

Is he alive?

Being eased in. He played against Stoke and made a mistake that led to a goal but was solid aside from that.

Carragher is on his way out so I think we'll see more of him next season and he's still only 21.

I rate Coloccini

Elite

Vidic

Kompany

King

2nd Tier

Terry (now)

Rio (now)

Gallas

Followed by the rest, bare 3rd tier defenders too many to list and a few 4th tier... coz all the top defenders are getting old I can see why hes saying Coloccini is the best, you can make a case for it but i dont think he is better than that 6

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew likened Fabricio Coloccini to Bobby Moore after seeing his captain turn in a superb display in a hard-fought derby draw at Sunderland.

The Argentinian had guided the 10-man Magpies to within 10 minutes of a second successive victory on Wearside when cramp forced his departure, and the Black Cats took full advantage to snatch a point at the death through Demba Ba's 85th-minute own goal.

But if Sunderland emerged with a face-saving point, it was the visitors who returned to Tyneside with a moral victory after playing for 65 minutes with a man down following Cheick Tiote's dismissal - the first for a Newcastle player in a competitive derby - for a foul on Steven Fletcher.

Pardew said: 'Maybe if Coloccini had stayed on, he would have seen that out. He was absolutely phenomenal today.

'If you want an example of a centre-half playing where you have got to head it, kick it, cover people, get in the right position and then have the calmness to play, that was your example.

'I come from a famous football club, West Ham, and that was like watching Bobby Moore today. He was terrific.

'You have also got to understand - and it sometimes goes a little bit under the radar - at the Premier League level, what is asked of you physically.

'If we had had 11, I think he could have made the game, but because we went down to 10, there was just too much work for him and both calves tightened up.

'But what a performance, seriously, one of the best he has given for me, for sure.'

Pardew is such a c*nt. He talks way too much too, I keep noticing it in his pre-match interviews, one manager is asked something and gives a relatively humble answer and then Pardew is asked a similar question and he comes out blazing.

He's got a good side and he's doing well, but he believed his own hype at West Ham which was his downfall. Thought he'd learned...

Luiz>>Kompany

When Kompany isn't made to dance he is trying to dribble on the half way line which led to Milner being sent off

Kompany might as well grabbed the red card from the ref and showed it to Milner himself.

I just don't know when the penny will finally drop and it's realised Kompany is mad over rated and is nothing but a very good Premier League defender