Satirical Art by Pawel Kuczynski

O.Man

1. Is how Facebook enables people to peer into your life whilst hidden

2. I think is how a western government claims to liberate through means of war, so the image is almost like making your long anticipated arrival off the back of bombs

3. I guess is how America is founded on lies

4. Depose one dictator, and let another one in through the power vacuum

5. & 6. not sure but both to do with our interactions with death obviously

7. Is how alcohol in this case is addictive/can ruin lives, so the bottom of the bottle is a trap maybe for another bottle

8. Is probably capitalist systems, where they effectively disable you and take your money

9. Is communism, same 'gifts' from the same people i.e. government giving everyone the same thing thinking it will make all better off (hence the gift connotation)

Oh oh and the chimneys are on, so may basically saying that 'this car you give state is no good, I sell on black market for bread'

• Upvote 3

2. I think is how a western government claims to liberate through means of war, so the image is almost like making your long anticipated arrival off the back of bombs

7. Is how alcohol in this case is addictive/can ruin lives, so the bottom of the bottle is a trap maybe for another bottle

8. Is probably capitalist systems, where they effectively disable you and take your money

9. Is communism, same 'gifts' from the same people i.e. government giving everyone the same thing thinking it will make all better off (hence the gift connotation)

Oh oh and the chimneys are on, so may basically saying that 'this car you give state is no good, I sell on black market for bread'

spot on tbh

8 could be consumerism/materialism which is basically what you said

and the one with the dictators statute, I thought like there will always be evil when there is a lot of power. In time when one war lord falls another rises etc

2. the glamour of war. thus the red carpet which basically ties with what you said

sick pictures

1. Is the mental prison and how you use facebook/social media to observe the world (hence why the door is still open, you just have to switch off and walk out)

5. Is inevitable death. The shovel hand represents each second passing more dirt is fallen.

6. Is Technology the grim reaper no longer needs to go out in the real world, we are online so death comes to us through this now.

9. Is  your christmas gift was probably made by someone in china/amazon (china flag) and the chimneys are representative of the poor working conditions they're under to make that item for you.

• Upvote 4