CAPELLO RESIGNS

User

Guest petercrotch

Capello should have been sacked straight after the world cup .

He never got a fair chance in the first place of course because of the gutter press and the daemonz being daemonish .I remember when england were winning games and all people could talk about was the fact that he was italian

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has ruled himself out of the running for the England job, saying the national post is not for him.

"Firstly as an Englishman, I am proud to be in that sort of frame, but it's not for me and I will make that quite clear," Pardew told Sky Sports News HD.

"I am not even in the running as far as I am concerned.

"I am very happy here at Newcastle. It's a little project here that's going really well and I want to see it through.

"The passion and everything about this place is why I want to stay here.

"I do hope it goes to an Englishman, just on a personal level. I think that's important this time. I really hope Harry and Spurs and everybody sorts themselves out and can do it in a manner that it works for everybody."

"(West Brom manager) Roy Hodgsonspacer.gif would have an opportunity and (West Ham boss) Sam (Allardyce) possibly - they are at the right age and right experience to do that role.

"Probably outside of them, there aren't too many leading candidates.

"There are a lot of young English coaches coming through, thank goodness, especially in the Championship, and I think we will be better set perhaps the next time (the job) comes around.

"But this time, there is an outstanding candidate in Harry and I just hope it all works out and it can be done in a manner that works for both Tottenham and England."

That process could take some time, but Pardew would be comfortable for England to head into a friendly clash with Holland at Wembley on 29th February without having appointed their new boss.

He said: "You have got Trevor Brooking,spacer.gifGareth Southgatespacer.gif and Stuart Pearcespacer.gif there - I don't see any problem in them taking that game, and I think that would be correct because even if the job is going to go down one road, let's say, Harry needs some time to settle himself and have some respect for Tottenham as well."

Had a look at Steven Howard's Thursday column in The Sun and my goodness what a flawed piece, don't they have editors to put these guys in check and show they are factually wrong? Thank you to Football 365, they always do a great job with the media watch.

I'm Alone And I'm An Easy Target

Where would you like us to start with the sickeningly gleeful reaction from the press to Fabio Capello's departure? Well, Mediawatch is in a bad mood, so if you don't mind, we'll begin with the easiest target.

The Sun's Steven Howard is on predictably fine form. In line with his (and every other) paper's official policy, he wants Harry Redknapp to be Capello's replacement. Which is fine. However, let's have a look at why he thinks 'Arry will be better than Fabio.

Howard justifiably complains about Capello's ropey English, but writes: 'Though he did have enough grasp of the swear words to sit yelling at his players from the bench in South Africa. The clearest sign that he had totally lost the plot.'

Wait, he swore...so that means he's lost the plot? Good job we won't get that from Harry 'Just Facking Run Around A Bit Pav/I'm Not A Facking Wheeler Dealer' Redknapp, eh?

He goes on: 'Already past 60, he was set in his ways, prickly and a man neither to be crossed or disagreed with.'

Fabio Capello's age when he took over as England manager: 61. Harry Redknapp's current age: 64 (he'll be 65 in a few weeks).

And more: 'Capello should have been sacked after the World Cup - surely the worst performance by England at a major tournament. Yes, even more disastrous than the shambles under Kevin Keegan at Euro 2000.'

Sure, England faced tougher teams at Euro 2000, but they did qualify from the group stage in 2010.

And finally (well, not finally, but we only have so much time/space), about the World Cup squad, he writes: 'Theo Walcott didn't even make the squad, along with Adam Johnson and Scott Parker.'

We shall simply point to Mr Howard's column but a few weeks ago, on January 18, when he described Walcott as 'infuriatingly inconsistent'

Trust our media to be throwing out the foreigner card after being all up in arms over Terry/Ferdinand/Suarez/Evra, hmmm xenophobia from some?

The Mirror report Spurs will demand £5 million for Harry who want to appoint him by next week.

• Upvote 4

England football team was plunged into a new racism storm last night after Stuart Pearce was named as caretaker manager following Fabio Capello's resignation.

Pearce, 49, had to apologise to black star Paul Ince for allegedly racially abusing him when both were players.

The incident bears striking similarities to the racist rant charge facing John Terry, stripped of the England captaincy pending his court case. The Football Association's decision to remove the armband from Terry led to Capello quitting on Wednesday.

Pearce, playing for Nottingham Forest, allegedly made the comments to Manchester United's Ince — an England colleague — during a Premier League game at Old Trafford in 1994.

SNA1017A--532_1451263a.jpg

It prompted the Professional Footballers' Association — running an anti-racism campaign at the time — to intervene. PFA chief Gordon Taylor said then: "Stuart will be ringing Paul to apologise.

"Stuart regrets what he said. It was in the heat of the moment. He wants to make sure everybody knows he is sorry."

It is also known Pearce's brother Dennis is a member of the ultra-Right British National Party, for whom he has stood as a Parliamentary candidate. Pearce, who will take charge of England for the friendly against Holland on February 29, has made it clear he does not share Dennis's politics.

England Under-21 boss Stuart Pearce's alleged race row is a further embarrassment to the FA, whose spokesman Adrian Bevington refused to comment. Chairman David Bernstein called Pearce a "first-class" caretaker and did not rule out a permanent post.