TF S4DK

November 22: Wenger pre-Aston Villa

** Diaby 'three to four weeks' away

** Rosicky back in full training on Monday

** Oxlade-Chamberlain expected to be fit

** Walcott could return for Everton game

** Wenger - Rosicky can speed up our game

on the latest team news...

Santos is out for 10 days with an abdominal strain. Oxlade-Chamberlain looks alright. Theo [Walcott] is out for Saturday, but has a chance for Wednesday at Everton.

on Abou Diaby...

If all goes well, three to four weeks.

on Tomas Rosicky...

He should be back with us on Monday. He started in team training on Monday. Last year from January to the end of the season he was one of the most influential players in our squad. I hope he can repeat that because until now we haven't seen him and he was injured at the European Championship. He has a similar injury to Scott Parker, they had operations at the same time and they will come back basically at the same time. It is very difficult [mentally] for him, because Tomas is a guy who loves to play, who is happy on a football pitch. When you have been injured as many times as he has been, it is not easy to take.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Would be atrocious to let him leave.

He wants to stay here or play in the MLS.

I know which I'd choose.

He said he wants to stay here and see out his career here.

If that desire means he's happy doing year to year rolling contracts (like Bergkamp did), then he'll probably stay, as that appeases both parties.

Right now he's getting minutes and staying fit, so on that side neither party can complain imo, but if Wenger knows he is adding players to our midfield (Bender, Gundogan, etc...), as well as increasing the playing time of Gnabry and opportunities for say Zelalem, then I dont see how everyone can be happy next season as I'd assume they would eat into his minutes. Then factor in if he's giving Diaby a final chance, we all know Wenger loves Diaby and I dont know who's buying him in the summer, so even if he dont wanna keep him, sadly he's stuck with him.