Pro Evo 2013, Finally ?

Black.

At least they going back to the roots, the player individuality is what made pro>>fifa. Winder audience wont take it seriously until they sort out the animations though(so next gen). But hopefully its a good game for those of us that still like it/are bored of fifa.

im impressed

only thing is, with all these flick up first touches and then the touch that follows, defending needs to be ON POINT in this game or its just gonna be like playing against some superman XI everytime you play a decent team. The barca stuff at the start looks good but unless the defenders actually react to the flicks and the little moves to knock the ball into space then its gonna be frustrating as hell trying to defend.

Some of the stuff looks a little too OTT e.g. hows Ronaldo bussing that Ronaldinho drag (did it vs. wolfsburg 2 players years back) with a first touch from the ball coming to him in the air.

With decent balance this could sh*t on fifa but whether it will have that balance is another matter

• Upvote 3

I agree but remember they arent exactly going to show him flopping in a trailer, AI is on regular or whatever. Most of them skills can be stopped by containing, if you dive in without consideration you deserve to get beat no?

keepers still try to save everything with two hands. how have they not clocked how ridiculous this looks? everything about the goalkeepers was better on the last generation.

although one thing i do like which is not on fifa is the ability to shoot through their legs.

They are terrible, no doubt about it. They said they are "reworking" them but boy, what has been shown so far isnt promising

I agree but remember they arent exactly going to show him flopping in a trailer, AI is on regular or whatever. Most of them skills can be stopped by containing, if you dive in without consideration you deserve to get beat no?

just typed out a long reply to this TWICE and hit the back button without saving the post both times FFS, will reply properly later

Oh yeah don't get me wrong of course they need to show it being effective when they are showing the attacking play to show what is possible in the game. Before i continue i no longer play pro evo so i don't have the personal experience of how the defending in the most recent games actually works, I haven't played pro properly since pro 6 (the last sick pro game IMO). My experience of contain in football games only stetches as far as fifas autopilot bullshit where you just hold A and the player tracks the opponent.

My main concern is with these flick ons and tricks how will they balance out the defending to neutralise the options afforded to the attackers. Going by the rest of the trailers the best route would be to have an array of defending options, cutting out the move early with a header as the balls been flicked up, tracking the movement of the ball and anticipating the shot to block it, beating the attacker to the ball as its falling to knock it out for a corner, outmuscling them completely to take possession and either clear it or bring the ball out from the defence. It sounds like a lot to ask but when you consider just how long football games have been around now and the approach they seem to be trying to take with this game its the direction they should be pulling in. I don't want it to be limited to just contain while they buss tricks and then one of two variables comes into effect at the same point every time, its too easy to concede with this approach and just comes across as the creators never having actually seen a football game. I want which player is attacking and which is defending at the time to matter, if im using my team (liverpool) i want there to be a difference between Skrtel trying to stop Messi flicking the ball over him deep in the area and Agger trying to do the same, they're different players with different playstyles and so will take different approaches. I think they are trying to achieve this with the whole Player ID thing but whether it will effectively stretch to the defending players remains to be seen, too much emphasis is put on the attackers in football games, attackers have a catalogue of attacking options to choose from while defenders always seem limited, its like a chore to defend on football games and you don't really see a vast array of different ways of winning back the ball. There also needs to be a lot of different things affecting these tricks like who's the attacker pulling them off, what kind of pass was played in to him, how much pressure is he under at the time of receiving the ball. I don't wanna be seeing man like lee cattermole flick up a driven pass and knock it over my head under pressure from 3 of my defenders.

In terms of attack though, they look like they're taking a good approach to it. There seems to be various ways to bring the ball under control and proceed with it fluidly. Its what football games need, more variety. First touch has been in fifa for time, but its so boring, ball comes to you, flick the thumbstick in a direction and the player knocks it there. Its so limited in how it happens, its effective but its so limited to how many ways you can dead someone with a first touch. If i play the ball to bellamy in the air i can't hit that first touch option early and see him knock the ball forward with his head and chase it outpacing the defender, its always the same ways of taking the ball with you. some bullshit kick and rush

I would much prefer pro evo to be the top football game again. Fifa is sh*t, so so so so sh*t. Currently pro is even worse but at least they came with a good basis early, they flopped by straying from that and its been downhill ever since. I'd take the free kick practice in the old pro evo games ahead of the practice in the current fifa games any day of the year.

I fully expect this game to be another flop but they are atleast seemingly trying to make significant changes and take those changes further than just the most basic form. If these attacking options translate into the game as well as they look in these trailers and the defending options and AI can match upto the amount of options in attack, this could turn out to be sick but going by pros track record...these are massive ifs.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

football games in general are dead these days tbh. fifa despite being on top is still sh*t, too much fakery, the game just gets on my nerves. pro 2011 was one of the worst games ive ever played. didnt even pick up 12, ill see what this is saying when di price drops.

least FM are still there doing their thing.