Euro 2012 ENGLAND Squad Thread

Tbh this is a blessing in disguise, not Henderson getting a pop, the fact that the more of the olders that fall the less pressure on the team to perform.

I said from day, bar a few of the seniors Roy should of just taken a bag of youngers. Maybe that may have been possible if Wilshere and Clebz weren't f*cked and Sturridge got more love under RDM.

When he gets settled in Liverpool team and gets some confidence he will how what he can do. Can comfortably score 10 a season from midfield.

Smh, what simple things does he do very well?

He's a poor mans Denilson, as he pretty much offers the same, without the simple passes, ball retention, or samba dancing when he scores.

He does the simple passing and ball retention very well, with a bit of self belief he could be a good player.

• Downvote 1

But I always see Henderson give away the ball...

His pass completion last season was 84%, he's a tidy player who for me is let down by his willingness to be more direct and adventurous in the final 3rd.

You put him in a side with other players willing to take on the responsibility of being the spark and he's a sound player, the problem arises when you're looking to him to be that spark as we found out.

He's very much in the Carrick mould.

He's not in carrick mould in that sense.. Henderson is happy to take on shots himself and actually run past the strikers and get on the end of things. He showed that at Sunderland. Brendan Rogers will

Coax it back out of him. Assuming Joe Allen isn't his direct replacement.

• Upvote 1

He's not in carrick mould in that sense.. Henderson is happy to take on shots himself and actually run past the strikers and get on the end of things. He showed that at Sunderland. Brendan Rogers will

Coax it back out of him. Assuming Joe Allen isn't his direct replacement.

I'd say he's in the Carrick mould in the sense he recycles possession and is often seen as a player who doesn't really do much.

I do think Henderson has the ability to be more of an attacking threat but I think there's question marks over whether he has the mentality to be a top player.

Just checking in but I have to back M12 here (surprisingly?) Henderson natural game is to get forward a lot more (running beyond strikers) and making thongs happen in the final third. It depends how Rodgers plans to utilise him but his natural game id to get forward and affect things that way. Recycling possession isn't hid game.

The above is after watching many games for Sunderland, the season before last. Pool are using him wrong. However, last season will have helped him grow.

At Sunderland in his comfort zone he did look much more offensive but he's found it difficult stepping up, too much of the time he plays as if he's afraid of making a mistake so he opts to play it safe.

He was given licence to get forward for us but he was continuously getting nose bleeds in the final third, far too many times he had the opportunity to drive into space or take the shot on and he would pass up the opportunity.

I think self belief will be the biggest factor in his progression as a player.

Smh, what simple things does he do very well?

He's a poor mans Denilson, as he pretty much offers the same, without the simple passes, ball retention, or samba dancing when he scores.

Denilson >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Henderson

TF Why did you bring Denilson into this debate?

Justin why did you follow?

To show my levels of amazement that he is rated, much less a 20m player.

The fee is unfair on him, but what it did was make people like me analysis his game regularly, rather than just watching him ocassionally and probably only ever taking notice of his better performances when he was a Sunderland player.