Fao John doe

The Somalian

Faaaaaaaccck!!!

This thread & the memories it brings>>>>>>>>>>>>>_____

Ayia Napa (HLC Pon Tour), EQ, Bagleys, Eros, The Rocket, Club 3D, Ezikels, SW1, Samatha's, Gas club, The Temple too many clubs to mention.

Despite the circles I was in I was never really THAT into garage but they were good times, good vibes until it got dark.

I could never get enough of the smooth garage bangers. :lol:, Fonti always use to give me the wink whenever his about to smooth it out then I'd quickly go next to a peng ting & wait

Good times indeed.

Dj Narrows - Revival (I used to love spitting over this track so much when I was younger)

Menta - Sounds of the Future

My gawd I need to get back to these old tapes I had.

/

Quick question for those that knew about Hypesquad from back in the days.

Anyone know the name of the track that had Jiggalo (the producer), Hyperactive MC and Sparkler B on it. Since I don't have a tape player right now I can't remember what it's called although I know what tape it's on.

• Upvote 1

Wont lie I did like Mine Out, Goddaz the rumour was you got contacted Steven Spielberg lol and was "warned"

:lol:

It wasn't a rumour darg & it wasn't Spielberg. It was George Lucas's lawyers. The worse ting about was I was due to sign a single deal the following week. Pain

Things get pushed into brackets now last massive riddim I can think of everyone claiming was coki and benga night people saying it was dubstep, grime, baseline etc when it is all garage thing got segregated to much.

Use to here el b, mixed with some zinc, then some deekline, and then wookie followed by tuff jam

But now it would be seperate into dubstep, grime, breakbeat, 2 step and 4x4

It's all garage

This!!!!! I think you only realise when you get a bit older. It's the younger generation that want to give everything it's own genre name. When you've seen a few of them come and go you realise it's all the same. Bassline, grime, dubstep, funky, it's all garage really.

• Downvote 1

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Sorry Titan but there is ONLY 1 DJ Narrows tune

leave it

This is the sound all those northerners were trying to recreate with all that niche music they were gassed over...

I stress the word trying.

Sorry Titan but there is ONLY 1 DJ Narrows tune

leave it

sgs

dgh

sheiuetu

jdfd

s

The way this made man skank with a screwface everytime

MEAN!!!!

/

Sadly these kind of tracks helped bring the darkness into garage

Trust.

Saved Soul, Want It Back, Pulse X, Buddha Finger (little earlier tbh), the early Jon-E-Cash 8 bar stuff...

But tracks like melody and dilemma and various zed bias and el b tracks were around in 1998. Reason it flopped is because it became a victim of its own success bruv bare times I heard gun shot go off in a dance and see man laying on the floor because he got shot nothing to do with music just it popularity always happens. Jungle/garage/grime/funky this is why you then get the promoters of events like circo loco (sp) not allowing certain types because they have see what has happened over the years