The General Gym/Healthier Food Thread

Heero Yuy

ok BNP fagscot

actual foods are long and endless and one mans beef is an Africans Rat

so stick to the basics of 'healthier' eating and have

minimal saturated fats (not just fats as fats are actually good for you)

healthier carbs such as wholemeal and legumes (beans).

(a biscuit brand like belvita will claim their biscuit has wholemeal but you dont need all that sugar in it so its just as bad as anything else)

good proteins.

theres no such thing a fat free when made by any major food company its bullshit. reduced fat .but has increased sugar which when unused turns to carbs and then your body overworks to burn off carbs first then fats = being a gayle.

• Upvote 1

ok BNP fagscot

actual foods are long and endless and one mans beef is an Africans Rat

so stick to the basics of 'healthier' eating and have

minimal saturated fats (not just fats as fats are actually good for you)

healthier carbs such as wholemeal and legumes (beans).

(a biscuit brand like belvita will claim their biscuit has wholemeal but you dont need all that sugar in it so its just as bad as anything else)

good proteins.

theres no such thing a fat free when made by any major food company its bullshit. reduced fat .but has increased sugar which when unused turns to carbs and then your body overworks to burn off carbs first then fats = being a gayle.

my birds a nutritionist i don't need facts

i need inspiration

tasty healthy inexpensive meals

go

Time are changing and all this Broscience stuff is taking a back seat. Google LeanGains, RippedBody.jp, IIFYM.

Foods that I like to use as snacks etc are....

009156.jpg

170 calories with 33g of protein in a tub Mix this with a scoop of protein powder, put in freezer for a bit and you got a nice desert that has 50g+ of protein and less than 300 cals. Add some berries too. This is ideal if you hate the texture of cottage cheese as its smooth.

5010236153260_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

100 calories, 22g of protein. I always have two of them. They are always £1.00 a pack so quite cheap. Different flavours like BBQ and Tikka.

5011835101065_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

Healthy fats, and its Natural unlike Sunpat etc which has a ton of sugar added. 180 cals 15g of fat with 2.7 saturated, 7g of protein per 30g serving. I add this to protein shakes, mix it with Quark, spread on brown toast etc.

3073780828642_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg3073780853842_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

40 cals, 5g of protein and taste fine. Normal ones arent much more calorie wise. The purple cheddar ones are nice too.

5201054016695_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

100 cals and 18g of protein per tub. Kinda expensive but ok for a snack here and there. Add a scoop of chocolate protein powder and nuts and you got a sweet tasting desert.

dcsape.jpg

Myprotein Instant Oats, Fine powdered oats that you can add to protein powder to make a decent snack. Add some peanut butter too and you have a decent homemade gainer shake without all the "fillers"

972_large.jpg

This stuff is 140 cals and 25g of protein. This is good stuff but quite pricey at about £2.00 a pack. I use this when I am out and about for the day.

quark is HARD. tastes like sour yogurt. I usually eat it straight or add some honey to it to sweeten it up. Very good inbetween meals. I'm gonna cop a blender just for gym this week, going to scrap having a solid breakfast and just have smoothies that are some combination of oats, quark, weetabix, milk, fruit, peanut butter, whey protein. etc. Try smash down some good calories nice and early

I'm bulking so my typical daily diet usually consists of:

Breakfast - 3-4 weetabix + natural peanut butter on two toasts + banana

Lunch: tinned spicy tomato mackerel in whole wheat pitta

Snacks: 50g almonds/a pint of milk/tuna sandwich/protein bar/random fruits. (snacks varies day to day)

Post Workout: Phd Synergy Protein shake

Dinner: grilled salmon or grilled chicken breasts in whole wheat pitta + mixed vegetables

After dinner: natural peanut butter of two toasts or scrambled eggs + handful of almonds/pint of milk

Its kinda boring diet but I don't mind because it does the job. I also chuck in multivitamins and cod liver oil in the mornings.