When keeping it real goes wrong....

Guest M12

why do u lot think black people have it harder than any other minority that has come/comes to this country?

why is it "so much harder" for a black man to get a job at a law firm than a white man (this is absolute bullshit btw, in fact the odds are probably sometimes in the black man's favour these days with racial and sexual equality laws)

Not much harder

But a company would prefer to hire an average white guy over a talented black guy

I'm not sure about this.

well ive seen with my own eyes

a white and black guy both product managers for the same product

white always chatting sh*t to about fifa to me, i usually reciprocate

black guy always on the phone trying to get it somewhere

sh*t hits the can

one of them gets fired, the other rotated to something else

guess who

lmao. that's your proof that large companeis prefer to hire average whites over talented blacks?

one example out of many

ur pissing me off by denying it totally

acting like these old directors are part of this apparently 'enlightened' generation and weren't fully on the f*ckery back then

its even worse in this double dip because prejudices will creep up to screen so much people, as TF said they would want people they see themselves in

i ain't saying its hopeless out there and minorities cant reach dizzy heights, but that ceiling is real

TBH part of the problem is racism but the other part is social. Work is work but most of the segregation happens on a human/emotional level. These guys all go to the same kind of schools, take holidays in cornwall/brechin beaonsl, go skiing, hiking, backpacking etc. So when they all start talking about that and you only know about crazy Leroy on the 185 to Lewisham you get alienated.

Also stupidly black people are generally taught things like "just do your work and go home", "dont talk about your social life/family", "dont pick sides or make friends, stay out of the politics". From time you're already seen as an outsider, not opening up slightly and engaging with these people on a social level makes you become even more of one. People like to work with people they trust and nobody trusts anyone more than people they regard as friends. A lot of black people play the office game all wrong and then act surprised when they dont get anywhere.

• Upvote 8

Guaranteed some of you man are going to fall in love with an english rose..

i think this sometimes. What if i actually fall in love with one of these broni tings. So much conflict would occur in my brain.

i think this sometimes. What if i actually fall in love with one of these broni tings. So much conflict would occur in my brain.

I have a colleague of Nigerian descent who this happened to. He said it was difficult for him to accept he was falling for her but it's the best decision he's made as she's a good catch.

Your mumsy would be haps?

my parents actually dont care, "as long as im happy". but personally i'd prefer something mixed or above, with a good heart and brain so she can help raise my children properly.

Look when I left school, all I wanted to do was work for a record label.

I tried to intern/work experience for all of the major labels in the UK. I have never received so much as a letter in rejection. I emailed in, I walked in, I pretty much did everything I knew to do at that point.

Eventually I found my own lane.

Now I go in certain label offices and I speak to some of the people in their and there way in, is so much different... and by different I mean EASY. They have no story at all. Hardly ever worked for free, etc...

Only people that have a similar experience to mine are the blacks. Real talk.

This is why the black peeps in the music industry all jam with each other, understandable rly

Obviously they integrate with the whites in a professional sense cuz that's how they have to play it but socially, different story

Not surprising really when nepotism and old school ways are rife

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT

A WHITE MUM DENYING THE TRUTH TO HER CONFUSED PSEUDO BLACK BY SKIN TONE ONLY KID

HOW DARE SHE

HOW f*ck*ng DARE SHE COMPLAIN ABOUT THE GOD HONEST TRUTH BEING TOLD

IF THIS WHITE DEMON WOMAN THINKS THIS IS RACIST AND INAPPROPIATE THEN SHE CAN COME WALK IN MY SHOES AND MY MUMS SHOES AND MY DADS SHOES AND I WILL TEACH HER THAT WHEN YOU ARE BORN IN THIS COUNTRY WITH DARK SKIN YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A PAKI OR NIGGA WITH A PASSSPORT

THIS HAS MADE ME ANGRY BEYOND WORDS

Strong words.