Week 13 / 14 - 12/13 - Premier League

User

So hes playing adel in the hole behind cisse

Edit: nah hes playing 442 with mackie and cisse

That qpr team actually looks decent bar the cbs

Arry must of left his press manual in the office

AVB saying Defoe is on par with Falcao :rofl:

No one really knows. There are rumours that a portion of the £6m in addons we have to pay for Bent are triggered after he plays 50 league games (he's currently on 47).

I don't really believe that though, when you sign a player for £18m and 70k+ p/w you expect him to play 50 games. I always thought the addons would be England caps/Champions League qualifiation/Goals scored related. It's not going to be anything significant.

I think it's just a case of alot of money tied up in him, in terms of transfer fee and his wages. If we sell him we can get 2/3 others in so we're making do without him at the minute as his style doesn't really suit Lambert's tactics (presses from the front, Bentekkers is a real work horse).

We play three forwards but Benteke is very much the man through the middle and as Bruce found at Sunderland Bent can only play that role.

My concern is that if he wants rid then you've got to play him to get a buyer. He missed the final third of last season through injury and has barely had a kick this year. Redknapp hates him so he's not going to QPR. And freeing up his wages by loaning him out isn't going to change much.

I wouldn't be too fussed if he went tbh. In our current situation with the side built around him we'd probably be better off, but Lambert's looking long term and he's almost 29, our highest earner and lacks some of the basic credentials Lambert looks for. So why bother playing him at all?

It's similar with Dunne and Given (although Dunne is genuinely injured). However, if we're still around the bottom come January I'll be calling for all three to get back in the team to save us. Better the devil you know and all that.

• Upvote 1

Wow, surprised I ended up typing that much.

Another thing to consider, the highest earners at the club are: Given (bench), Dunne (injured, but not in Lamberts plans), Warnock (on loan at Bolton), Hutton (on loan at Forest), N'Zogbia (see Dunne) and Bent (frozen out).

That lot will be taking home around close to 300k p/w, or £15m a year on the wage bill.

No surprise Lambert wants to get rid of that lot and go with with kids/imports to give him some flexibility in his targets.

• Upvote 1

The Europa League could be axed and the Champions League overhauled, the UEFA president Michel Platini has revealed.

The sport's governing body for Europe is keen on a number of changes to the format of European competitions from 2015.

Plans to scrap the Europa League in favour of a 64-club Champions League are reported to be on the table for discussion.

Platini told French newspaper Ouest France: "There is a debate to determine what form the European competitions will have between 2015 and 2018.

"We are discussing it, we will make a decision in 2014. There is nothing decided yet."

If the alterations get the nod, it would mean that seven English clubs and five Scottish teams would be qualifying for European football's elite competition.

The 57-year-old former France international also played down the ongoing threat of Europe's biggest clubs forming a breakaway competition to rival the Champions League.

"It's a question that is regularly brought up," Platini added.

"I can't see how it could work outside the Uefa framework. Who will referee them? In what stadiums will they play?"

And regarding the possibility of introducing new technology to help officials, Platini said: "There is a complicated thing for which we might, and I say might, need video and it's offside.

"It is very difficult for the referees to rule on that."