PlayStation 4 & Xbox One

Supermalt

They don't want you to use discs!

Downloads only!

Macz, if you hardly play your console, wouldn't recommend getting either atm.   Just hold out a while longer.

Watchdogs coming out soon right?  I assume there will be some decent bundles with that game

you'd have thought the next gen consoles would have had multiple disc changers

why am i still getting up to change games

this is 2014

They don't want you to use discs!

Downloads only!

pretty much, i reckon next console won't even have a disc drive.

What you man are buying physical copies?

Yeah

Will never go digital

No resale value

Prime example

I got the X1 fifa bundle

Come next Fifa fifa 14 will be useless to me, can't even trade it in

& the fact they still chage 50/45 for some games where you can go shop & pick it up for 35

if the pricing was better id get more digital games

just look at  madden

i have impulses to buy it but when i look at the price im like f*ck that more of a piss take is the new one is out soon yet theres no price drop(digtal)

I got bumped.

I just got an Xbox One this weekend and they let me download Fifa, i'm assuming because I own it on 360 already.

Go to play it and it tells me I need to spend another £54.99. They can suck their muddahs I've already dropped a wedge of stack on Ultimate team and my first copy. Coz its digital I can't even trade that motherfucker in WTF

No I got the Titanfall bundle.

I was wondering why they even let me download fifa but I was like "Cool that's unexpected!" but its like all the data's there but I can't use it.

Dumb shit, no digital upgrade options what is this bullshit I'd happily pay more to be able to play it but i'm not dropping £40 just before the end of the season on a fifa game

Love love love Amazon,

So I bought my Titanfall Bundle at like 1am Saturday night, for delivery between 4-8pm on Sunday. It arrived and everything was blessed, of course I am amazed at how efficiently they can get it over to me.

Then comes monday morning, I'm browsing the site as I do and I see the package I got has dropped in price by £20.86, I'm like rahtid boombaclart so I get on the Webchat to Amazon customer service, tell them the deal, womans arranges a £20.86 discount. Shower leng.

So in total I got £60 off my titanfal bundle like a boss (including employee discount)

Think she means that they are digital copies of the game that people have (via bundle etc etc) but they havent redeem the codes for yet.

I dont think its actually a "used" 2nd hand copy of the game

Yeah it's unused, you can pick it up for cheap, got mine for £17 when the XBone was quite new

Working for Amazon gives you a couple of benefits, free delivery is not one.

I paid £7.48 I think for Evening delivery, but I got free one day delivery for Dead Rising 3 because I'm with Prime, so that just arrived like 20 minutes ago, ordered yesterday afternoon

• 2 weeks later...

Free games with Games with Gold**. Since Games with Gold launched on Xbox 360 a year ago, over 12 million people have enjoyed great free games, resulting in nearly 200 million hours of free fun playing Games with Gold titles. We’ve been learning from your feedback and have focused on making improvements each month to the selection of titles. To celebrate the one-year anniversary of Games with Gold for Xbox 360 and as a thank you for helping shape this program, members will receive an additional free Xbox 360 game in June. The Games with Gold titles for Xbox 360 in June are “Dark Souls,” “Charlie Murder” and a bonus game of “Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition.” We’re pleased to bring Games with Gold to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One in June. Members will have subscription-based access to free games ranging from top hits to breaking indie stars. The program will launch on Xbox One with “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” and “Halo: Spartan Assault.” A single Gold membership will get you access to the free games for both Xbox One and Xbox 360.

Microsoft has confirmed it's talking with publishers about boost Xbox One's graphical performance, following yesterday's news that the console will now be sold without Kinect.

Company exec Yusuf Mehdi told Polygon that discussions are ongoing about how to make it easier for developers to get more power out of the console, presumably in a bid to help it hit 1080p resolution on multiplatform titles.

"We are in discussions with our game publishers about what we might do in this space and we will have more to talk about soon," he said.

Digital Foundry has highlighted in the past that 10 percent of the Xbox One's graphic resources are ring-fenced for Kinect and apps. With the news that Kinect is now to become wholly optional for Xbox One owners, it seems the company wants to take this portion of the GPU previously focused on looking for voice commands and gestures and redistribute it elsewhere.

Microsoft's Andrew Goossen previously told the site plans were afoot for such a move, saying "In the future, we plan to open up more options to developers to access this GPU reservation time while maintaining full system functionality."

Xbox One will come without Kinect later this year, Microsoft has announced. It will cost $399 USD, £349, 399 Euros and $499 AUD, and will be available on June 9 in all markets where Xbox One is currently sold.

This brings Xbox One's price to parity with PlayStation 4. This new Xbox One price and packaging comes as a result of user feedback. Microsoft is responding directly to those who want nothing more from their Xbox than using the machine with a controller. Kinect will be sold as a separate accessory for those who wish to adopt motion and voice controls in the future.

Just this past February, Microsoft stated it had no intention of removing the device from its new console.

"Kinect remains an important part of our vision," head of Xbox Phil Spencer said. "We will continue to innovate on Kinect, I think it's an important differentiator for us."