Who do you rate the highest?

anelka

I think Carrick has a better brain, and is better tactically and technically than the other two (in which order I rate Lampard, then Gerrard)

I also prefer Carrick for my stylistic preference

Carricks best attributes are his ability to pick the right pass, two-footedness, tactical awareness and interception ability and responsibility

Lampards best attributes were his engine, shot and ability to arrive late in and outside the box unmarked - he won't run the game but he'll get you goals that win you it

I may think Carrick is a better footballer but I can't argue he does more for his team than Lampard did as at the end of the day goals win games

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Some bullshit response and man laugh at that. 

I actually kick ball at a decent level your any guy who probably claims he plays like CR7, know yourself.

There is no such thing as a blueprint for a CM and styles make fights.

Lampard is a special thing a midfielder who scores goals, every team in the world wants one and he does it better than alot of players who are more talented than him the way your chatting is like man is some any League 1 player who scores pens to and this suddenly gasses people.

And a man said "pot shots" like Lampard tekk when striking a ball aint top quality. Your a mug.

• Upvote 1

Xavi is clearly the better footballer however how does that somehow mean Lampard is not a quality midfielder?

That would be akin to saying that Bale is not quality because he isn't better than CR7  :/ so if that's your argument come better than that.

NOONE in this thread said they would choose Lamps over Xavi.

• Upvote 1

Xavi is clearly the better footballer however how does that somehow mean Lampard is not a quality midfielder?

That would be akin to saying that Bale is not quality because he isn't better than CR7  :/ so if that's your argument come better than that.

NOONE in this thread said they would choose Lamps over Xavi.

toure or lampard

I am making the point you clearly think scoring goals from midfield is important than creating chances

Nobody is going to convince me to rate a guy who plays as a CM that has goal scoring as his best asset No way

Another thing

The only reason why Lampard is mentioned in the same sentence as Gerrard because of his goal scoring imagine that

Take that away

Like I have always said

I rather a CM who hardly score but creates and is very good in Possesion

Bale is threat without his goal scoring prowress

He is quick/strong and carry the ball

That's the difference

To clear things up once and for all

I am not a fan of One dimensional players

By the same token Carrick is also limited in other aspects of his game. 

Like Lampard, Gerrard was also at his best whilst part of a midfield trio.

Blaming Lampard for Englands midfield weakness is silly because Gerrard was equally bad while playing for England and atleast Lampard still contributed through his strength.

@Stacks - Toure, but I would take Toure over any CM in the league tbh he is the most complete

@Porchy - I would agree that Lampards biggest asset is his goalscoring, however like somebody has already said, if you took away Pirlos ability to pass what does he realllly offer? If you took away Vieiras drive would he have been World Class? Its silly to argue that without their strength someone is shit, most players would be. 

If Messi and Ronaldo did not score so many goals would they be considered quality players? Yes. Would they be considered head and shoulders above everybody else? Probably not.

Like it or not football is about putting the ball in the back of the net and this is the reason why Lampard was an integral part of such a successful side for so long.

Carrick has better vision and passing range than Lampard

Apart from goal scoring what does Lampard have over Gerrard and Carrick (I cannot believe I am talking like this about a CM not a poacher)

Lampard never been good in England a shirt not has Gerrard but Gerrard stepped it up in SA 2010 before they ran into the Germans

Lampard contributed when?

Euro 2004? Three goals

Germany 06? Nothing but shots off target

SA 2010? Never realised he was there until he Had his arms up in the air for the ball crossing the line.

Like I said if he ain't scoring then the guy offers nothing

I have more talented players to post about so my

View on Lampard is finished

I know what they said about Pirlo but he is a midfielder not a striker that's my point

I have been screaming this from day one

It's like Ronald Koeman his biggest strength was set pieces but he was a CB imagine that not tackling

It's like David Luiz biggest asset is his technique/passing range that's why he shouldn't be a CB but deployed more as a CM

I know what they said about Pirlo but he is a midfielder not a striker that's my point

I have been screaming this from day one

It's like Ronald Koeman his biggest strength was set pieces but he was a CB imagine that not tackling

It's like David Luiz biggest asset is his technique/passing range that's why he shouldn't be a CB but deployed more as a CM

it took u a while to catch on steeeel 8-)

As someone who seems to study the game I am suprised that you rate Gerrard so highly compared to Lampard. Although overall I would rate Gerrard higher to me theres an intelligence about Lampards game that Gerrard has never really had to have until now because he knew his legs would carry him. 

Come on man Lampard is a solid player, sound technically, intelligent, can pass and excels at scoring goals.The guy is like 2nd or 3rd in assists in the Premier League era (don't quote me), he does the simple things and plays to his strengths and is secure in possession, you can't really ask for more and the only players who really offer more are the really top tier players i.e, the Zidanes, Xavis of this world.

Frank Lampard been a BEAST

Goals - Assists

2012/13 Season Totals Starts: 34  •  Sub: 9 18 4

2011/12 Season Totals Starts: 44  •  Sub: 13 19 10

2010/11 Season Totals Starts: 38  •  Sub: 1 13 5

2009/10 Season Totals Starts: 59  •  Sub: 3 33 17

2008/09 Season Totals Starts: 70  •  Sub: 3 21

2007/08 Season Totals Starts: 40  •  Sub: 2 22 11

2006/07 Season Totals Starts: 77  •  Sub: 4 28 16

2005/06 Season Totals Starts: 51  •  Sub: 2 20 10

2004/05 Season Totals Starts: 65  •  Sub: 6 23 16

Alot of man on here waffle I realise ehhhg.png

will post moar

Stats don't prove the whole story but when you have a CL medal, Two Championships, second all time top scorer of your club 

+

Allow it 

Always find it funny when a Regista gets criticised for not scoring enough goals. The game has moved on from every CM playing in a 4-4-2 and running around trying to be a DM, CM and CAM at the same damn time.

/

Stats shouldn't be used solely to base an opinion on a player but should be used to back up an argument against someone that watches the same games as you but comes up with a bunch of nonsense about a player because their judgement is clouded by a bandwagon or just biased views. E.g. when someone says a player only passes sideways but a stat shows he's played more forward passes than anyone in his league this season.