International Week March 2013

User

Its quite embaressing that England cant beat Montengero

Milner should not of started, should of played Chamberlain instead

How can england with all its superstars playing in the best league in world football not get a single win against Poland, Montengero or Ukraine

No jack thats why!

These teams aren't shit

Its kinda true though why does Hodgson persist with plain jane ballers like Milner, guy offers nothing to the game just a hard worker thats all, thats certainly not going to win you games let alone the world cup

He did the same in the Euros as well I would have thought he learned from that

Not saying OX is the answer but he needs to be a bit more adventurous than that

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon has sent a message to Francesco Totti on the 20th anniversary of the Roma icon’s Serie A debut.

“Dear Francesco, you have made ​ Italian football history,” the custodian said in a statement to news agency ANSA.

“Twenty years in Serie A, what an achievement… I still have the image of your first goal in my mind, it was a Roma-Foggia tie.

“We’re friends, you know how much I care about you. We started together with the Under-15 side, we had some splendid years together in the national team and we continue to meet as opponents in Serie A.

“You often score against me (10 times to be precise, that’s how many goals you have netted) like a champion who has forgotten our friendship…

“Then, at the final whistle, there are smiles between us again, like when I saved a penalty that I feared you would chip – it saddened me that was you.

“We are from a fortunate generation. It’s true that every season after the age of 30 is worth seven, but you seem to go back in time instead of ageing.

“You’ve written the history of Italian football, with the present and the future – you are a player who can not be doubted.

“And, for me, you’ll always be an Azzurro. An embrace from your friend, Gigi.”

Totti, now 36, made his Italian top-flight debut on 28 March 1993 at Brescia. Boss Vujadin Boskov threw him on as a substitute for Ruggiero Rizzitelli.

Totti, Serie A’s second highest goalscorer of all-time, and Buffon won the World Cup together for Italy at Germany 2006.

• Upvote 1

Has anyone ever watched a game and afterwards thought... Wow neymar played sick...?

I weren't even getting at him, just asking a genuine question.

I've seen him play one whole game for santos that they showed in Espn

And a few brazil internationals here and there

Ability is undoubtedly there but I've always felt underwhelmed by his performance

:/

Why am I not surprised, smh

Sunderland have confirmed today that striker Steven Fletcher and Captain Lee Cattermole will miss the rest of the current campaign due to injury.

Cattermole underwent an operation on his knee earlier today and Fletcher sustained ankle ligament damage whilst on international duty with Scotland.

It is not known at this stage if Fletcher will require an operation, with the injury requiring further assessment in the coming weeks.

Both players will play no further part in the Black Cats 2012-13 Barclays Premier League season.

If we stay up at their expense I will be over the moon.

• Upvote 1

Like that on my saturday league.

The fat old experiecde guy in every team >>>

Juventus captain Gigi Buffon has sent a message to Francesco Totti on the 20th anniversary of the Roma icon’s Serie A debut.

“Dear Francesco, you have made ​ Italian football history,” the custodian said in a statement to news agency ANSA.

“Twenty years in Serie A, what an achievement… I still have the image of your first goal in my mind, it was a Roma-Foggia tie.

“We’re friends, you know how much I care about you. We started together with the Under-15 side, we had some splendid years together in the national team and we continue to meet as opponents in Serie A.

“You often score against me (10 times to be precise, that’s how many goals you have netted) like a champion who has forgotten our friendship…

“Then, at the final whistle, there are smiles between us again, like when I saved a penalty that I feared you would chip – it saddened me that was you.

“We are from a fortunate generation. It’s true that every season after the age of 30 is worth seven, but you seem to go back in time instead of ageing.

“You’ve written the history of Italian football, with the present and the future – you are a player who can not be doubted.

“And, for me, you’ll always be an Azzurro. An embrace from your friend, Gigi.”

Italians >>>>>>>