SUMMER TRANSFER THREAD 2013

Flojo

Juan Mata has put an end to speculation that he is seeking a move away from Chelsea by insisting he is happy at Stamford Bridge and determined to win more silverware with the club.

Mata has been the source of many rumours throughout the summer that he is not wanted at Chelsea, despite manager Jose Mourinho stating on numerous occasions that the midfielder was not for sale.

The Spain international was the subject of numerous enquiries from other clubs, including Tottenham, Arsenal, his former club Valencia and Paris Saint Germain, during the final days of the transfer window.

Mata, who has started just one game under Mourinho so far due to a lack of fitness, is adamant he has never considered quitting the club and wants to put the record straight about his future once and for all.

He told Chelsea TV: “I think it's normal in every transfer window that there are lots of rumours but I'm happy here. It's been a very, very good two seasons for me here, maybe the best of my career, and what I want this season is the same.

"I'm looking forward to achieving as many trophies as we did the last two seasons (Champions League and FA Cup 2012, Europa League 2013) and hopefully this is going to be a good season for us again.

“Has it been hard for me to focus on my football with all the speculation? For me it’s not, if you have things clear in your mind and have belief in yourself. My only aim is to play here, grow as a player and do as good a season as the last two which were amazing for me

"These two seasons have flown by, but to me this is good because when you are enjoying things and you are happy, time goes quicker.”

Mata has become a huge favourite among Chelsea fans since he joined from Valencia for £23.5m in 2011 and has been voted the Club’s Player of the Year in both seasons by the supporters.

His chances to impress Mourinho, who returned to the club as manager in June, have been limited because he had extended time off after playing in the Confederations Cup and then suffered a minor hamstring injury during pre-season.

Mourinho’s decision not to play him against Manchester United or the Uefa Super Cup last week sparked more fears about his role at the club, but Mata is now on course to return to the side against Everton following the international break.

Spain left him out of their World Cup qualifiers and he’s been able to concentrate on getting back into his best shape at the club’s training ground.

He added: “We are doing a very good week of training and I feel really good. I’m looking forward to playing. Yes I am back to 100 per cent.

“It was a difficult  pre-season for me because I had an injury, I never had this before. It took me a little bit more time to get fit but now I’m feeling really good.

"I had four weeks off [ahead of pre-season training] and to be honest that's too much time for me because in the last five or six years I didn't have this amount of rest.

“But it was good to rest, to be far from football and to get ready because I think it’s going to be a long season again. Can I 70 games again like last year? It depends on every player.

“For me the best thing is to play as much as I can because I love to play, I love playing at the weekend and in the middle of the week. If you are having a lot of games during the season, maybe the training is the games.”

tumblr_msipb6g7gT1rqy25ro4_400.gif

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manchester City have confirmed that new signing Martin Demichelis has suffered a knee injury in training and that he could be out for six weeks.

The Argentina international signed for City over the weekend after finalising a move from Atletico Madrid, a club he never actually played for following an earlier summer switch from Malaga.

The 32-year-old was reunited with his former boss Manuel Pellegrini, who will be disappointed to learn that he is unlikely to be able to use him until November.

Demichelis immediately underwent scans after suffering ligament damage and they have shown that surgery will not be required.

However, the loss of Demichelis will be a blow as City's defensive resources are already under strain with captain Vincent Kompany sidelined with a groin injury and Micah Richards still not fully fit.

Aside from Joleon Lescott and Matija Nastasic, Pellegrini could call on Spanish midfielder Javi Garcia or Belgian youngster Dedryck Boyata.

:rofl:

• Upvote 2

Wait in paid for bale ?

ffs

Manchester City have confirmed that new signing Martin Demichelis has suffered a knee injury in training and that he could be out for six weeks.

The Argentina international signed for City over the weekend after finalising a move from Atletico Madrid, a club he never actually played for following an earlier summer switch from Malaga.

The 32-year-old was reunited with his former boss Manuel Pellegrini, who will be disappointed to learn that he is unlikely to be able to use him until November.

Demichelis immediately underwent scans after suffering ligament damage and they have shown that surgery will not be required.

However, the loss of Demichelis will be a blow as City's defensive resources are already under strain with captain Vincent Kompany sidelined with a groin injury and Micah Richards still not fully fit.

Aside from Joleon Lescott and Matija Nastasic, Pellegrini could call on Spanish midfielder Javi Garcia or Belgian youngster Dedryck Boyata.

:rofl:

Thibaut Courtois says he has no fear about challenging Petr Cech for the number one jersey at Chelsea.

Courtois signed for Chelsea from Genk in 2011, but he was immediately sent on loan to Atletico Madrid where he is now entering his third year.

The 21-year-old insists it was his choice to return to the Vicente Calderon this season, as he could have stayed at Chelsea or been loaned to another English club.

Courtois, who has emerged as one of the best young goalkeepers in the world and has even been linked with Barcelona, says Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho is looking for him to challenge Cech.

"The club [Chelsea] and Jose Mourinho wanted me to return for this season," he told DH.be.

"The management also considered sending me out on loan for a season at another Premier League club. But I didn't fancy that option: I feel good in Madrid and I wanted to play in the Champions League with Atletico."

On Cech, he added: "I'm not afraid of fighting for my place with Cech. I'm not afraid of anyone.

"I have faith in my ability and I know that Mourinho doesn't let a player's status affect his selection decisions.

"The proof is that he left [iker] Casillas on the bench because he thought Diego Lopez was training better.

"Going back to Chelsea would have been a gamble. I could have played, and that would have been perfect. But I also might not have played and could have risked losing my place in the Belgium team. With the World Cup coming up, that would have been a risk."

He says next season he is more likely to try and battle for a place at Chelsea and said: "Next year, I could be in a position to take more risks. But, as a young player, what's important for now is to keep playing to get to a better level."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8908688/transfer-news-thibaut-courtois-ready-to-battle-for-his-place-at-chelsea

Chelsea defender David Luiz claims he rejected the chance to join Barcelona during the transfer window.

Barcelona reportedly made an offer for Brazil international Luiz earlier this summer as they looked to bring a new central defender to Camp Nou.

However, Chelsea rejected Barcelona's bid, feeling the offer came nowhere near their valuation of the 26-year-old

Luiz claims he snubbed Barcelona's overtures as he is happy to stay at Stamford Bridge.

"There was an official offer [from Barcelona], but I decided to stay at Chelsea," Luiz told Gazeta Esportiva.

"I am happy to play for a big club and be in the national team to represent my country."

Turning his attentions to the UEFA Champions League, Luiz admitted he was happy with the club's draw after being paired with Schalke, Basel and Steaua Bucharest in Group E.

"It's always a tough competition with great opponents," added Luiz. "But it's always good when we can avoid teams with history of wins in the competition."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8906508/chelsea-defender-david-luiz-claims-he-turned-down-a-move-to-barcelona

More of the lads committing to the cause

Jernade Meade said the exact same thing then signed for Swansea reserves

Jernade_2872812.jpg?20121210160105

Jernade Meade may have been released by Arsenal, but the youngster is looking to the future with optimism.

The 20-year-old full-back has been dropped into the free agent pool after seeing the Gunners opt against extending his deal at Emirates Stadium.

Meade had been part of the Arsenal set-up since the age of 11, graduating out of their academy system and into the senior fold.

He graced League Cup and UEFA Champions League fixtures for the Gunners, but was unable to hold down a regular role.

He is now on the lookout for a new club and is determined to make the best move for his career - with clubs in England, Germany and Holland reported to have expressed an interest in his services.

"This is where my career starts so I can't wait to just be part of a first team set-up," Meade told Sky Sports News.

"Wherever I go, I'm looking to play first team football.

"I have always been at home, but I can't wait to move out. That's when you become a man and look after yourself."

On his experiences at Arsenal, which included a European start against Olympiakos in December 2012, he added: "It was a dream come true. The Champions League is every boy's dream.

"Playing in the Champions League and in the Carling Cup, I thought 'Yeah, I could get used to this, this is where I'm meant to be'."

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8748888/