Week 36 - Premier League & Football League Finale

User

Yeah Martinez is doing a great job, such little resources and loses his best player every year

Every season he keeps them up is an achievement, I know Bruce finished higher up the table but he had alot more investment behind him and Martinez has sustained them

there wage bill is tiny

sold moses for 10m and signed kone for £3m

there turnover is even worse

martinez is doing miracles

they are a championship club at best

I'm not buying it.

He coulda had most of the Swansea team no?

How can his old team come up and do better than his current team?

Better managers is probably the reason, I give him his dues for what he did at Swansea but they probably wouldn't be in the position there are in now had he stayed.

Signing man like Gary Caldwell when you coulda got Matt Mills from lower down, horrible choices is why Wigan struggle every year.

• Downvote 1

swansea got a bigger budget, can attract better players.....

matt mills prob earned more at leicester then any of the wigan center backs

when it comes to debates like this you really find out who understands football and who doesnt.

theres me thinking the average sports room poster on here was different to your average football fan outside.

• Upvote 1

I realised that the first time I came across this room

Slowly by slowly the room is getting better and understanding of the game has improved tenfold since December 2009

BP(Before Porchy) it was a huge majority that were clueless now it's only a minority led by the likes of Darkman y Toney etc etc

In time that will change

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

even if wigan go down

his rep is up

and will walk into a good job

he has got wigan to europe ffs 

liverpool aint even in europe next season 

He was a legend at Wigan so it made sense for him to jump ship

Furthermore Wigan were in PL(established) and Swansea were in Championship

It only makes sense to jump if it is the right project.

Coyle was right to move from Burnley to Bolton and Freedman was right to move from Palace to Bolton because there are clear distinctions between the clubs.

Wigan have only reached 50 points once, they are the perennial relegation battlers, that is not an established club.

He should have only moved to Wigan if he thought he could do a better job (which he hasn't).

Eddie Howe moved down a league from Burnley to Bournemouth and has got them promoted to the same league, same thing Grayson did with Blackpool and Leeds.

It's not about just moving up for the sake of it, if he was aware of the constraints you lot think he has at Wigan then he is a bigger idiot than I thought he was because Swansea are in a much better position now.

when it comes to debates like this you really find out who understands football and who doesnt.

theres me thinking the average sports room poster on here was different to your average football fan outside.

To say Wigan couldn't afford Matt Mills is a non starter when Marlon King was on around 40k at Wigan.

They simply didn't look at him just like so many other top league managers, there's no excuse for it, it's just shit management.

• Downvote 1

BP(Before Porchy) it was a huge majority that were clueless now it's only a minority led by the likes of Darkman y Toney etc etc

In time that will change

The majority opinion is why nothing drastic ever happens in football and why the recycling of managers is high despite most of them having won nothing.

I don't think like that nor would I act like that if I were involved in football.

Mourinho = minority

Football lacks virtuoso's, the game is full of the same robot thinking/mentality guys.

To say Wigan couldn't afford Matt Mills is a non starter when Marlon King was on around 40k at Wigan.

They simply didn't look at him just like so many other top league managers, there's no excuse for it, it's just shit management.

mills is championship fodder anyways

"BP"

:rofl:

Them 'BP' days when a couple man had this fan's face in their profile...

• Upvote 3

porchy is a mini/rebore mourinho

Them 'BP' days when a couple man had this fan's face in their profile...

:lol:

I tell you who's done miracles.

Lambert.

Did very good job at Wycombe, did well with Colchester.

Went up with Norwich 1st year, went up with Norwich again, consolidated Prem survival with lower league players calm.

Gone Villa bought bare lower league man, like any manager worth his salt should do, shipped out bare established dud, kept his star name on the bench, got couple foreign gems and will survive with 1 of the youngest squads in the league.

Lambert >>>>>>> Martinez

I realised that the first time I came across this room

Slowly by slowly the room is getting better and understanding of the game has improved tenfold since December 2009

In time that will change

LMAO