Week 03 - 13/14 Premier League - UEFA Super Cup

User

Stupid, stupid comparison.

Welbeck & Sturridge are similar levels.

I'd argue that finishing aside, Welbeck is the more complete forward.

Strongly disagree, Sturridge has it all.

Hold up play, ability to bring others into the game, passing ability, ability to beat a man, long range shooting, good finisher, clever movement, off the ball work rate.

He's a very complete forward.

I'd say aside from finishing (close & longe range), maybe movement, Welbeck is comparable/superior to Sturridge in all aspects.

That's just the technical aspects.

Physically, he's superior & demonstrated he's got the temperament for the biggest stage. Until Sturridge is awarded similar opportunity, wouldn't make sense to compare in that aspect.

I think Welbeck is superior aerially but other than that Sturridge shades it for me in pretty much every technical aspect.

Domestically he's scored against Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd twice and he's not even played twenty games for us yet. Obviously he hasn't had the opportunity to play in Europe for us yet but he's shown in the absence of Suarez he's perfectly capable of taking on extra responsibility and leading the line.

All this without even being fit, Rodgers said after sunday that he was 'nowhere near fit' but he still put a shift in and got the winner.

If asked to pick between Welbeck or Sturridge to lead the line for England at the next WC I know who I'd pick.

Let's not forget sturidge and welbz both led the line in 2012 and 1 shone the other failed miserably

Not to mention when they both went u21 tournament

• Upvote 1

National teams

England and great Britain

Like I said in the game thread Welbeck hasn't played as a striker for over a season now so it's hard to compare him

Playing out wide is not benefiting him right now. Sturridge was poor too out wide and you're seeing now he looks better in his proper position

Problem is unless there injuries I can't see him playing up front

Finally agree with darkman first time in about 4 years lol

Sturidge left Chelsea for a smaller club and its worked for him

Welbz is a sideman right now if he went to say everton, people would be on his nuts by the end of the season

Like I said in the game thread Welbeck hasn't played as a striker for over a season now so it's hard to compare him

Playing out wide is not benefiting him right now. Sturridge was poor too out wide and you're seeing now he looks better in his proper position

When Sturridge played out wide under AVB he was firing.

Yh but when welbz plays out wide for hodgson he fires so.....

Let's just see in july

He was OK but not as good as now. When he played out wide for Di Matteo it was painful

Strikers should be greedy but Sturridge just takes the piss at times.

Not since he's been at Liverpool, so many Liverpool fans who were saying he's too greedy, arrogant blah blah blah have had to eat humble pie because he's been nothing like what they expected.

At Chelsea he was getting rare opportunities to impress so felt he had to do something spectacular, he was saying the other week he's much more relaxed within himself now because he knows the manager rates him which is having a big impact on his game.

He was OK but not as good as now. When he played out wide for Di Matteo it was painful

He was much better than ok imo, he was consistently scoring and assisting up until RDM took over.

I like sturidge have done since he was 16 at city but let's wait till Suarez comes back and he becomes a sideman

Will be interesting to see how they line up when he comes back

I wish we could go back to the days where teams played with 2 strikers