Arsenal 2013/14 thread

Anderson

The problem with Arsene Wenger is he thinks he's smarter than everybody else.

There is nothing wrong with how he runs the club or his managerial knowledge, tactics or system. He just needs a fantastic team for it to work IMO and frankly he doesn't have one...

This summer, arguably he knew it last summer but didn't do it (which is part of his problem) he needs to move Arteta and Giroud from his first 11, make sure he provides a serious challenge to some of the questionable squad and first 11 players, and remove some more of the dead food.

The players need to win the FA Cup.

• Upvote 1

Also I can't get of understand people like Le Grove who say they want a manager with a vision, The creaming of Brendan Rodgers is becoming a joke now. Wenger doesn't spew new modern words, in fact after this many years there is little new Wenger could say to my ears.

I actually heard a guy on a Talksport set night say Rodgers has tactically outwitted Wenger... I was like but Arsenal have beaten Liverpool twice this season...

He has a fucking vision and a style of play, I'd rather you say he has no plan B, but you don't need a plan B, if plan A is good enough.

Wenger crime is that he so settled in his career/history/legacy/job, that he doesn't feel he should have a plan B no more you can see it in so more of our approach and attitudes, and I don't think his personnel is good enough for his plan A. So he really has to start there...

• Upvote 3

Whats the general consensus on Chesney?

Are will willing to accept that hes going to make a few mistakes due to age? He is improving every season imo

or

Should we try and get a Casillas, Valdes etc and bench him?

I believe Fabianski is leaving? So I guess we can either buy a number 1 or a backup keeper.

Szczesny has age on his side.

Arteta doesn't, so for me I'd provide the back 5 with protection, then judge him as I think a position like goalkeeper is very much all or nothing, I dont buy into him coming back in once he's been removed and having a great career with us.

Szczesny stil prone to the gas and errors, but right now I'm struggling to think of matches he's cost us this season. Last week he made mistakes,he could have cost us, but we defend well and won.

stop tr0llin

/

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs cleared by FA

Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs have both been cleared after Gibbs was mistakenly sent off in Saturday's 6-0 defeat to Chelsea.
A Football Association panel decided that referee Andre Marriner not only dismissed the wrong player, but that Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal-line handball did not deserve a red card.
Neither player will serve any ban following the incident.

Yeah, funny the season we finished 3rd and Spurs came 4th doesn't come into consideration, considering we beat Man City at home 1-0 (Arteta), drew with Man Utd 0-0, beat them 3 seasons ago at home (Ramsey) 1-0, beat Chelsea away 5-3 (v. Persie hat trick).

Someone ask Sky Sports to list games of top 4 that season or season after in said fixtures.

Morons.

I also suppose because technically Liverpool haven't finished in the top 4 yet but will this season, the 2-0 at home also doesn't count.

• Upvote 1

What's the starting line up tomorrow you reckon?

Sagna verm merts Gibbs

Flamini arteta

Gnabry carzola podolski

Giroud

Or will he put the same team out and back ox

Or will podolski get parred off

Surely there's some changes

Bellerin trained today. 

So who knows.  I wasn't too impressed when he played barca a week ago. Got carved open a few times 

I will rather have Per & sags at CB. But then Jenks at RB. 

Rosicky for podolski

We are not spoilt with choices to rotate tbh.

Bony will be busy 2moro

Bony and Michu...

Star said Szczesny was getting dropped... However I expect no other change except the enforced of Vermaelen for Koscielny, and maybe ironically (as he should have started weekend) Flamini for Oxlade, but more to do with I don't think he's totally match fit but then Rosicky could get rotated also.