Arsenal 2013/14 thread

Anderson

RV has a great name and he is right on certain things but something about what he says doesnt sit well with me.

Do u think teams want Kobe/R9 or whoever, to get a ACL for example. The best teams are obviously going to try to invest in the best physios/doctors to prevent it if it was preventable. If RV is so certified the richest clubs City/PSG/Heat or whoever would pay top dollar for his knowledge :lol:

Gnabry needs 20-30mins to impact imo.

He has no respect for Chelsea, Man City and these English teams, man only seemed humbled/over rawed against Bayern.

That said can't be bringing him on when we leading and trying to protect a lead, either a chasing the game/goa thing or a comfortable lead.

As much as I do rate Sagna (and this could be said for Gibbs aswell) I think he is very limited in his attacking / on the ball quality, especially for the modern requirements of a wing back these days.

That being said if we lost Sagna I wouldn't trust Wenger to go out and find an upgrade on him.

regarding Sagna, he is Mr. Consistent, he gives you a 7/10 every match. Last season he went through a bit of a rubbish patch, like when he gave the ball away to evra then bought down rvp for a pen, but this season he's been so reliable.

if you have faith wenger will replace him with someone that can hit the ground running next season, then youre naive. just have a look at the last full backs he bought - monreal, jenkinson, santos. I am flabbergasted theyre not giving sagna what he wants, or thereabouts

plus he's not bad at CB either

As much as I do rate Sagna (and this could be said for Gibbs aswell) I think he is very limited in his attacking / on the ball quality, especially for the modern requirements of a wing back these days.

That being said if we lost Sagna I wouldn't trust Wenger to go out and find an upgrade on him.

Sagna's crossing has been the best its ever been in the past 2 seasons but i do agree he is a bit limited

I don't trust wenger replacing sagna and signing the other 2 or 3 players he needs to get in

Crossing is probably the final aspect of what's required of him as a RB at Arsenal.

If our midfielders all come inside and our full backs are our outlet on the wing, his first thought can't be let me turn back cos I can't do shit with the ball when I get it, to beat my man. That's him probably 90% of the time.

It's fine when he get's played in high up the pitch and he has nothing else to do other than swing in a cross, even then he usually can't manoeuvre the ball to ensure he doesn't hit the defender coming out to block.

If he gets it in our half or the middle third, unless we have someone ahead of him hugging the touchline, the ball is going back to Wojciech or Per and we start again.

When he does cross it in, with man like Giroud being on the receiving end/nobody else really getting in those areas, he might as well not be crossing it in anyway so I really don't care that his crossing has eventually reached a decent standard(I haven't forgotten how shocking it once was so at least he worked on that).

I like Sagna, only cos of his defensive ability. If I trusted Wenger to bring in a suitable fullback then I wouldn't have a major issue if he did leave in the summer, although I'd prefer him to stay with us especially as CB cover, and with Vermalean probably leaving, so with all that said I expect to be frustrated about this by the time August comes.

/

And lol @ his attempt at running with the ball on the weekend. On his first touch I said to myself 'where's he going with this?', by the third he was putting Danny Rose in the air (Can't hate him for that though :lol:)

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ramsey & Santi Cazorla sign new Arsenal contracts

Arsenal midfielders Aaron Ramsey and Santi Cazorla have signed new contracts with the London club.

Ramsey, 23, had a strong start to the season, scoring 13 goals in 27 appearances before picking up a thigh injury in December.

Cazorla, 29, was voted Arsenal player of the year last season and has been a key figure this season.

Gedion Zelalem, 17, has also been given a new deal follow his arrival at the club in January 2013

great news !