Arsenal 2013/14 thread

Anderson

As everyone has said, not to take away pools recent run but deep down I know pool fans know what time it is

Yes they murdered us at anfield and hats off, but lets not forget a few weeks later their strongest squad was beaten by a weakened Arsenal team (because we were playing Bayern a few days later)  

And also lets not forget what happened a few months ago to when Ramsey and co did their thing and the infamous 'SAS' didnt get a sniff

Point is, our shortcomings as pointed out rightly by Goli and others has been the result of Wengers Naiveness to strengthen a thin squad when the opportunity presented itself (January) and not because a particular in form team is better than us.

Course I cannot take any consolation in this. Its not as if we are consequently at the top of the league. Fact is, we are currently sat in 4th spot 

However, I do hope that at the very least that this will stop a lot of gass coming from certain pool fans......... 

Do you think you deserved to win that match?

Also i find it shocking how clueless people are, we played a 3-5-2 against you the first time, with full backs like Cissokho and Flannagan who aren't the best attacking wise, in a formation like that its pivotal to have two full backs who are good going forward, as many of the times the hoeness is on them to produce something creatively.

The amount of times we had Flanno free on the right, and he couldn't do anything with it, because thats just not his game. Rodgers got it wrong with the tactics there, and he didn't get it wrong again.

Remain? Lol.

You know you lost in your outclassing masterclass, right?

We did but we played by far the better football imo.

Very unlucky to lose that, maybe outclass is the wrong word to use, but we were certainly the better team in that game.

Lol. Please make it stop.

Was he tactically flexible, when you couldn't see the ball at The Emirates?

I don't wanna take anything away from Brendan or make it a Wenger/Rodgers thing, but he has had strikers that have out scored your teams mistake, which in this league where defending can be a bit mythical at times I find the talk of tactically flexible a bit laughable.

I just hope he's smart enough to know next year he'll need more than Aspas when Suarez and Sturridge are playing three games a week...

smh

I'm just gonna assume you don't pay enough attention to us to notice how much our tactics and formations have changed just over the course of this season never mind over the last 18 months. 

Regarding our strikers outscoring our mistakes or prioritising attack over defence as I would put it, that's actually an informed decision by Rodgers, this interview is from 2012. 

On top of that why are people trying to use our own players being good as a way of undermining how good we are?  :rofl:

When Henry was scoring 30 goals a season were people saying "yeah but if arsenal didn't have a player as good as Henry they wouldn't be that good". Some backward logic. 

Anybody who thinks we'll be going into next season with Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas as our striking options is a bit slow in the head, it isn't going to happen. We were trying to sign players in the summer and we've got Borini out on loan who'll be returning. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Key word is different parts

Not the SAME time.

/

Not to take anything away from you. That was a nice beating regardless

But throughout the season, check the match threads. Most of us were laughing at our bench.

We all saw it coming except those who actually could make a difference

We've had plenty of injuries at the same time.

And lets not talk about the strength of benches, we were playing Chelsea at Stamford Bridge with an unchanged team having played Man City and Spurs in the previous 5 days and brought a 19 year old left back on to make his debut in midfield. 

Lol. Please make it stop.

Was he tactically flexible, when you couldn't see the ball at The Emirates?

I don't wanna take anything away from Brendan or make it a Wenger/Rodgers thing, but he has had strikers that have out scored your teams mistake, which in this league where defending can be a bit mythical at times I find the talk of tactically flexible a bit laughable.

I just hope he's smart enough to know next year he'll need more than Aspas when Suarez and Sturridge are playing three games a week...

smh

I'm just gonna assume you don't pay enough attention to us to notice how much our tactics and formations have changed just over the course of this season never mind over the last 18 months. 

Regarding our strikers outscoring our mistakes or prioritising attack over defence as I would put it, that's actually an informed decision by Rodgers, this interview is from 2012. 

On top of that why are people trying to use our own players being good as a way of undermining how good we are?  :rofl:

When Henry was scoring 30 goals a season were people saying "yeah but if arsenal didn't have a player as good as Henry they wouldn't be that good". Some backward logic. 

Anybody who thinks we'll be going into next season with Suarez, Sturridge and Aspas as our striking options is a bit slow in the head, it isn't going to happen. We were trying to sign players in the summer and we've got Borini out on loan who'll be returning. 

I've watched Liverpool for years, it was me saying Aspas is terrible from EARLY. You won't win the league, hell dropping those 2 points to Swansea is now what I think will stop us finishing above you, but if I'm wrong and you do win the league like Arsenal fans are saying we will question how we let that happen (God knows what City and Chelsea fans will think), when we don't believe the difference in teams and squads is in your favour... Bit like how we asked why is RvP going Man Utd when there squad is dead, they won a league but a year later, well we both are enjoying that one...

We wasnt letting Cardiff score 3 past us, hell this Arsenal team wouldnt let Cardiff put 3 put us...

• Downvote 7

I aren't disputing that you watch us, I'm saying you aren't paying enough attention if you're questioning how tactically flexible we've been this season.

Why you're mentioning Cardiff is beyond me, we tend to concede goals against teams we can outscore but against the top teams we're much tighter, which is proven by 2 clean sheets against Spurs & Man Utd and a clean sheet against Everton and Southampton.

Against City & Chelsea we conceded 2 goals at their grounds, in comparison you conceded 6 both times so what is it you're actually getting at? 

• Upvote 3

6 at the etihad

6 at stamford bridge

5 at anfield

Rodgers could never let his side get pulvarised like that infact. Shown by his insistence to chop and change formations. You mentioned us getting out played at the Emirates(lol) 2-1. He went with 3 defenders at the back which in hindsight was probably naive and BR said it post game. This tactical move meant Liverpool surrendered the midfield battle for defensive solidity thus Ramsey and co running around doing some cute triangel passes.

Compare that to Wenger who was hands in head as his team got the no vaseline on 3 occasions against title rivals and having no plan b.

This season we have had injuries just like you but the excuse is we play less games which is fair but unlike you lot we play to our strengths. Ie when Suarez was suspended we played to Sturridge strengths constant passes inbehind defences and when sturridge was injured an luis was available Henderson,Sterling etc as decoys to maximise LS. We have had many different formations this season ranging from 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 to numerous other systems can the same be said about you? That was my point and u backed it up with waffle and Flojo dun ur dance with his reply.

• Upvote 2

TF stop embarrassing yourself pal

Wenger was once one of the best tacticians but he stayed at the same level while others around him and also the young managers have improved

Sick of people defending this man time and time again

• Upvote 2

Some arsenal fans can talk as much as they want about how their squad is better than Liverpools. But the fact is we have been out of the CL and in the wilderness for 4 years and yet we are now challenging for the title with 6 games left. Something Arsenal haven't done for around 8 years.