Fathers

Fresh

i dunno how my dad did it but he was a G, had all his childrens mothers bless with eachother. my sisters a year younger than I and my younger brother and sister are three DAYS apart. Yet all the women are cool with one another from early, just not too pleased with my dad lol. but as a result of those good vibes between the mothers I got to have my siblings round me quite a bit

How important is it for you ladies to have a father in your child's life? 

As important as my presence as a mother will be, which is why I won't have a child to a man who i'm not willing to spend the rest of my life with. 

My parents split up when I was around 6 and my Dad has always been amazing, I have a step Dad too but that relationship never interupted the connection I had with my Dad. He has always supported us in every sense and made me and my brother his main prority. Sometimes I feel like he missed the boat, he didn't have time for anyone else while we were growing up and then with my brother passing and my Mums illness he had to be my rock as well as looking after himself through hard times. He says at this point he can't be bothered with a woman messing up his patterns (lol) but it saddens me, he's an amazing man and deserves a great lady. 

Knowing how important my Dad has been through everything I know that I wouldn't compromise that with my own children. 

Which leads me on to the next point..  

My partner has 2 kids, he's an excellent father always has been since I have known him and that makes him all the more attractive to me. Knowing that he will be that to our own is so much more important  to me than being with someone who doesn't have children or has a ton of money etc. 

Am I a part of their lives - Yes but in the same sense as 'aunty' or 'friend', i'm not trying to be their Mum. As my step Dad is to me, supportive, caring and a great friend I hope to be to them. 

thats the thing with people today, i know too many single mums, worse bit is, dey seem fine with it, ....

as long as they get der " council yard" n "income" der all smiles....fucked up

i dunno how my dad did it but he was a G, had all his childrens mothers bless with eachother. my sisters a year younger than I and my younger brother and sister are three DAYS apart. Yet all the women are cool with one another from early, just not too pleased with my dad lol. but as a result of those good vibes between the mothers I got to have my siblings round me quite a bit

Lol

Was chatting to my boy on Sunday and he was telling me how he just come from a christening and he met a sister that he never knew he had. Said he was sitting down chatting to girl who he hadn't seen in years but he thought he remembered her as a distant cousin or family friend til he asked her who her dad was and she named his dad :rofl: said he nearly fell off his chair

They carried on talking and he found out she was born in December 87... He was born in May 87...

Carried on talking and it turns out their dad had another 2 sons.... All in all the 4 of them were born within 8 months of each other :lmao:

(And he's not even Jamaican)

• Downvote 1

My dad played a HUGE role in my upbringing

I love my mum but if my dad weren't around I reckon she would've been too soft with me and we would still be living on a council estate with no ambition. f*ck knows what I would've become.

My dad is pretty much perfect as a father tbh

basically !!

Dad has taught me a hell of a lot and for that i am thankful . Don't know whether its an african thing but he was extra hard on me growing up ,often didn't show love emotionally at all. Was hard but i soon got over it . About a year ago he cheated with a daemon woman,which put a bit of a strain on our relationship but he is now back with the mumsie so all is forgiven .