Fazer declared bankrupt

seven

If I had money like these guys

I would buy as many properties as poss. Rent them out. Simple.

Never go broke.

Someone told me lethal has a few props. Smart man

When people ain't got money to rent all the properties you will have to pay the mortgages yourself.

That's a classic way many people have gone broke.

unlikely you will struggle to find someone to rent the yard depending on what home you have bought

thats why you buy strategically buy homes in which you will always let them out 

if you have 5 /6 and one is vacant the income generated from the others will be enough to supplement the mortgage of the other one 

plus it doesnt have to be your only source of income 

and worst come to worst you still have the freedom to sell that yard 

Lol its not as easy as that.

Never go broke.

When people ain't got money to rent all the properties you will have to pay the mortgages yourself.

That's a classic way many people have gone broke.

unlikely you will struggle to find someone to rent the yard depending on what home you have bought

thats why you buy strategically buy homes in which you will always let them out 

if you have 5 /6 and one is vacant the income generated from the others will be enough to supplement the mortgage of the other one 

plus it doesnt have to be your only source of income 

and worst come to worst you still have the freedom to sell that yard 

Suppose you have a vacant home and 1 of your tenants falls into arrears?

Suppose the home you list on the market doesn't sell straight away?

Suppose tenants leave your home in a state?

All that will hit you big time in your pocket, many wanna be Donald Trumps have learnt the hard way.

Property ownership especially if you're not at the house can be a hassle. It's not as easy as just collecting a cheque. Anything goes wrong and you have to sort it out unless your willing to pay someone else to deal with that. It's stressful and annoying especially if you have a**hole tenants or other stuff going wrong with the house.

My friend has two big properties now and luckily he now mainly rents rooms to friends and people he knows,but before he was having trouble with tenants. It's not an easy ride at all. He especially learned that when trying to get that second mortgage.  

Me and the missus are looking to buy a second bigger property next year in Woolwich and rent out our current place and I at least know some of the pitfalls.

ffs

stop picking holes in my thesis

more pickin holes in the fact that toney mentioned mortgages when u was talkin about having millions n buying property

id be buying holiday homes in places i wana frequent n renting them out a week to posh cunts

best easiest investment is gona be student houses tho

70k-90k houses that u can charge out the arse for n leave them living in a raggety shithole

bein a standard landlord would be stress for shitty slow returns, if u got millions it'd be better just not to spend like a twat

but the general consensus is that tenants pay because, well, they want 'young professionals'

there may be few issues 'this needs fixing this, that needs fixing' thats about it

if you get in young professionals and you ask what job they have etc and get references shouldnt be an issue

/

is there an insurance for tenants if they fall sick/unemployed?

Never go broke.

Its not about being broke or not. Its more about being organised and having discipline

You have to appease the taxman. i.e. claiming back VAT and giving HMRC their piece of the pie and save aside a part of all of your earnings to pay corporation tax on a yearly basis etc

isnt that what an accountant is for

Accountant can only do so much

Ultimately its you that pay the bills to the taxman not them

There is still a huge degree of responsibility placed on yourself

Like for example you pay VAT quarterly and CT yearly. Between these periods the taxman doesn't tell you what to do with your money they just tell you to 'put some aside' untill your returns are due then give you the figure. They then assume you have that amount put aside lol

I know this from personal experience 

are you contracting?

I have done, not at the moment. My brother uses my limited company at the moment to contract so I still manage the accounts

c/s accountants taking P

mine charges £105 monthly 

Never go broke.

lol u don't own property do u fam
no i dont and neither do u

so help me with what your point is

:/

calm down point is just that u think its some fool proof plan which shows u don't own property

I have a 2 bedroom in woodford for the record.

Never go broke.

Its not about being broke or not. Its more about being organised and having discipline

You have to appease the taxman. i.e. claiming back VAT and giving HMRC their piece of the pie and save aside a part of all of your earnings to pay corporation tax on a yearly basis etc

Like for example you pay VAT quarterly and CT yearly. Between these periods the taxman doesn't tell you what to do with your money they just tell you to 'put some aside' untill your returns are due then give you the figure. They then assume you have that amount put aside lol

Since when do individuals pay corporation tax bro?

You pay income tax on all your general earnings, interest income and dividend income.

Also HMRC won't tell you how much tax is due, unless they make a determination for that amount, and that will only happen if you fail to file a return, in which case they'll make an estimate for the amount.

Most of the taxes paid to HMRC are self assessed, only people who aren't self assessing are employees as tax is deducted at source.

Stop misinforming people ffs.

also where the house is too

cos there are areas in london you can buy a 2/3 bed for 180-220k and get about 1.2/3k a month which is the same roughly as areas where the same sized houses go for over 350k

Never go broke.

Since when do individuals pay corporation tax bro?

You pay income tax on all your general earnings, interest income and dividend income.

Also HMRC won't tell you how much tax is due, unless they make a determination for that amount, and that will only happen if you fail to file a return, in which case they'll make an estimate for the amount.

Most of the taxes paid to HMRC are self assessed, only people who aren't self assessing are employees as tax is deducted at source.

Stop misinforming people ffs.

I can only speak for myself as a contractor using a limited company, not a sole trader as I know they do things differently 

If you have a limited company its more tax efficient to take money out as dividends and pay corporation tax on that as apposed to taking out a salary and paying income tax on it

Thats what I do as this is what my accountant advised me to do. This is also what most other contractors that have their own limited companies do.

I also never said HMRC tells you how much tax is due, your accountant does obviously but if HMRC thinks what you are paying is fishy they will request an audit and nobody wants that as its costly and if your accounts aint accurate your fucked.

Its also obviously bait if by the time your taxes are due you dont pay in anything which I assume Dappy and all the other bankruptees are guilty of doing in which case they get flagged 

relax gee, I didn't mean to get you mad