Benefits Street - Channel 4 - Mondays 9PM

Afroman

deevs gon deev'

Am I the only one that thinks some sort of reality show/drama could be made out of this street.

• Downvote 1

PMSL

Anyway the latest episode pissed me off such awful parenting. How is a child up at midnight telling you his having cereal and your actually arguing with him,no respect.

and the parents,my god just had all ambtion sucked out of them,there both home all day and their house is a fucking state.

That has to be a wind up. Who would want to see those two naked one is obese and the others too marga.

Some freakshow photoshoot. I bet it's the Daily Sport offering them money to do it.

• 1 year later...

_86752631_samorar.jpg

A woman who appeared on TV show Benefits Street is facing jail after being found guilty of illegally having ammunition.

Samora Roberts, 34, known as "Black Dee", was also convicted of two counts of possession of crack cocaine with intent to supply and possession of heroin.

Roberts, of James Turner Street, was cleared of a separate offence of having a small amount of ammunition.

She will be sentenced on 11 January.

Roberts was granted bail at Birmingham Crown Court ahead of sentencing,

Her co-accused and neighbour, Tina Thomas, 47, who had denied a single offence of possessing .38 calibre bullets, was found not guilty of that offence.

A third man, Marvin Scott, 38, who formerly lived in the street but has since moved, was convicted of having crack cocaine with intent to supply and of possession of cannabis.

The jury of five men and seven women took four and a half hours to reach verdicts on the offences, which all took place around June 2013.

Judge Philip Parker said: "I make it plain you'll face custodial sentences. You've kept your bail and I will bail you for sentence on that particular day.

"Bail is no indication as to the ultimate sentence."

Roberts told Judge Parker as she left the dock: "Thank you, your honour," amid outbursts from her supporters in the public gallery.

Jurors had been selected from those who had never watched the Channel 4 reality TV show Benefits Street in January 2014, which focused on the day-to-day lives of the residents of Birmingham's James Turner Street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-34860160

_86752631_samorar.jpg

A woman who appeared on TV show Benefits Street is facing jail after being found guilty of illegally having ammunition.

Samora Roberts, 34, known as "Black Dee", was also convicted of two counts of possession of crack cocaine with intent to supply and possession of heroin.

Roberts, of James Turner Street, was cleared of a separate offence of having a small amount of ammunition.

She will be sentenced on 11 January.

Roberts was granted bail at Birmingham Crown Court ahead of sentencing,

Her co-accused and neighbour, Tina Thomas, 47, who had denied a single offence of possessing .38 calibre bullets, was found not guilty of that offence.

A third man, Marvin Scott, 38, who formerly lived in the street but has since moved, was convicted of having crack cocaine with intent to supply and of possession of cannabis.

The jury of five men and seven women took four and a half hours to reach verdicts on the offences, which all took place around June 2013.

Judge Philip Parker said: "I make it plain you'll face custodial sentences. You've kept your bail and I will bail you for sentence on that particular day.

"Bail is no indication as to the ultimate sentence."

Roberts told Judge Parker as she left the dock: "Thank you, your honour," amid outbursts from her supporters in the public gallery.

Jurors had been selected from those who had never watched the Channel 4 reality TV show Benefits Street in January 2014, which focused on the day-to-day lives of the residents of Birmingham's James Turner Street.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-34860160

Dust