What's your salary?

kerser

Long story short...The government are cunts, and those of u on benefits need to fix up.

Why am I waking up before dawn n freezing my ass off on road, while you rolling over thinking of England.

There is a silly expectation that someone with zero experience has the RIGHT to walk into a 30k+ job in the UK, no one wants to work for sh*t

far more of ur money will be spent on needless wars than benefits

To make it more clear, if you earn £50k a year:

£10k untaxed

£10-32k at 20% = £4.4k in tax

£32-50 at 40% = £7.2k in tax

£50k - £11.6k in tax = you left with £38.4k left over

But you can imagine how earning £100k you're seeing a larger portion of your income going to taxes.

If you're above 50k it would be more economic to become a contractor, either directly or through an umbrella company. It comes with extra administration bu tit's worth it.

Gotta be lazy or stupid to pay 40% up to 100k

I am employed as a contractor but I don't see how that would work for the majority of jobs?

It depends on the capability/willingness of a companies payroll/hr to accommodate it. It's common practice in a lot of companies.

Dub. The calcs are slightly wrong.

You are forgetting NIC rates.

12% from c.£4k to £42,475

2%?from 42,475 and above. That's on top of income tax.

So take home would be lower than you state. Everyone forgets Nic!

Also contractors produce invoices which are tax allowable expenses and employers don't pay Nic on it. So they like.

One thing to keep in mind contracting is that you lose employee rights to holiday and sick leave among others. So get paid for how much you work.

To make it more clear, if you earn £50k a year:

£10k untaxed

£10-32k at 20% = £4.4k in tax

£32-50 at 40% = £7.2k in tax

£50k - £11.6k in tax = you left with £38.4k left over

But you can imagine how earning £100k you're seeing a larger portion of your income going to taxes.

If you're above 50k it would be more economic to become a contractor, either directly or through an umbrella company. It comes with extra administration bu tit's worth it.

Gotta be lazy or stupid to pay 40% up to 100k

I am employed as a contractor but I don't see how that would work for the majority of jobs?
It depends on the capability/willingness of a companies payroll/hr to accommodate it. It's common practice in a lot of companies.

Dub. The calcs are slightly wrong.

You are forgetting NIC rates.

12% from c.£4k to £42,475

2%?from 42,475 and above. That's on top of income tax.

So take home would be lower than you state. Everyone forgets Nic!

Also contractors produce invoices which are tax allowable expenses and employers don't pay Nic on it. So they like.

One thing to keep in mind contracting is that you lose employee rights to holiday and sick leave among others. So get paid for how much you work.

Most companies roll up contractors' holiday and sickness pay to inflate their unit rate though.

It also depends whether you're bound by IR35. It get's complex, which is why I ignored NF; since anyone earning over the 40% threshold will likely research to maximise their net sal.

£44k auditor big 4

Jesus your life must be boring

Work can be interesting. But otherwise it's shit hence why I am looking to leave now I am qualified.

My life consists in 24 hour period of 60% work. 20% sleep. 20% commute and leisure.

I've come close to having a nervous breakdown. I kid you not.

£44k auditor big 4

Work can be interesting. But otherwise it's sh*t hence why I am looking to leave now I am qualified.

My life consists in 24 hour period of 60% work. 20% sleep. 20% commute and leisure.

Heard auditors are on 60 hour weeks, Can you confirm?

£44k auditor big 4

Work can be interesting. But otherwise it's sh*t hence why I am looking to leave now I am qualified.

This is a short week for many people working in professional services.

Same with Law, Banking and start-ups, even teaching hours are crazy nowadays.

The hours you're legally working are not this of course...

£44k auditor big 4

I thought the whole 80 hour a week culture in banking had been phased out? Obviously there are periods now and then when people live in the office but I thought that these days the normal working day is something like 9-8

£44k auditor big 4

I thought the whole 80 hour a week culture in banking had been phased out? Obviously there are periods now and then when people live in the office but I thought that these days the normal working day is something like 9-8

Really not sure for certain, but I'd imagine that there are a few people still putting in those shifts depending on what projects they're working on. 

The crazy hours have not changed, I can confirm.

It just means what you put on your time sheet does not match your actual hours...

The NI/Tax codes messed with my head when I started working as well.

LOL, how hard is it for people to fuck up a simple conditional format on a spread sheet though. You can make a central spread sheet as simple as possible for ppl to use with instructions and there's always one pillock who screws it up

The crazy hours have not changed, I can confirm.

It just means what you put on your time sheet does not match your actual hours...

The NI/Tax codes messed with my head when I started working as well.

LOL, how hard is it for people to f*ck up a simple conditional format on a spread sheet though. You can make a central spread sheet as simple as possible for ppl to use with instructions and there's always one pillock who screws it up

where do/did you work?