Luis Suarez 9 Game International & 4 Month Football Ban

User

'Who did Suarez kill?....

The Argentina icon criticised the decision to suspend the Liverpool striker from all footballing activities for four months for his bite on Giorgio Chiellini

And Maradona, who wore a t-shirt with a message of support for Suarez which read 'Luis we are with you', has criticised world football's governing body, claiming they are treating him as though he committed a far more heinous crime.

"This decision is a disgrace," he said on TV show De Zurda. "I can't understand this. Who did Suarez kill to get this kind of ban. Why don't [Fifa] handcuff him and send him to Guantanamo [bay]?

"A player works hard the whole year to be able to play at the World Cup, and Luis scored 29 goals [sic] and they kick him out of the World Cup like this. It's unbelievable.

"Remember [Zinedine] Zidane and what he did in that [2006] World Cup final? Fifa then gave him the Golden Ball," he added, before laughing. 

+1

Great

1 cheat defender another

It's weird because if he could just resist the urge to bite people and just swing an elbow or throw a headbutt he'd be a significantly less controversial figure.

You acting like he never punched that Chile player last year.

Luiz Suarez has the full c*nt repertoire in his locker.

"These are just things that happen on the pitch"

"There are things that happen you should not make a big deal out of them"

:lmao:

Oscar Tabarez claimed Luis Suarez had been made a worldwide scapegoat by FIFA during an extraordinary press conference at the Maracana on Friday evening.

Tabarez read a pre-prepared 13-minute statement to claim that pressure from the English media after he bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini last Tuesday forced FIFA to ban him for four months.

The Uruguay coach then immediately quit his position on FIFA’s technical committee and told Suarez that he has the full support of his country’s people.

Tabarez was then applauded out of the press auditorium by fawning Uruguayan journalists

Tabarez said: ‘Many times you forget the scapegoat is a person who has rights and that in this specific case, besides the mistakes and faults he has committed, he has made significant contributions on the pitch. It is the contribution made by great football players is essential.

‘As a coach and a professor, and as a former teacher, I am presented with the theory of the scapegoat. You know what I am talking about, of giving a punishment, to someone who commits a transgression, not a crime.

‘We know the protagonists and not only because of the profile he has because of the mistakes, but there is another side to him. That is a message: the severity was excessive. 

‘Perhaps I do have the answers but like many people, those who not only have to make disciplinary decisions - who wins? Who loses? Who benefits? Who is harmed? Who got things their way?

‘To one of these questions, I will not give you a final answer, but I will try to find a response. On the basis of these exaggerated decisions, only with decisions of this nature I doubt it. After the Suarez and Chiellini episode we have seen other things measured with a different measure. 

‘When that happens we have the omission because not all cases have to do with the transgression with indiscipline. Unavoidably this leads to exaggeration in terns if punishment. 

‘We should punish and sanction, but one must always give the opportunity to hear from the person.’

Tabarez was highly critical of the FIFA’s disciplinary panel after they failed to give Suarez the chance to speak for himself after the incident with Chiellini.

‘I trained and grew up in Uruguay as a footballer and a coach. I would also like to appear before you with my background as a coach. Since I was linked to international competitions I was a hardcore defender of fair play, of the developments of values and that aspect has led me to awards and recognition by FIFA of the merits and the organisations such as UNESCO that has declared me a champion. This is recognition and awards and distinctions that I will forever have close to my heart.

‘When an inquiry is established because of fault or omission caused by a football player seen or not seen and therefore not sanctioned and you resort to videos to establish what happened. 

‘At the match we had not seen the images. But because of the inquiry that was opened and we saw the images we saw that there was a possibility that punishment of the participants, Giorgio Chiellini and Suarez, that both would be punished.

‘I cannot deny that we were waiting for the referee to caution or the corresponding disciplinary sanction.

‘We never thought that we were told that the details of the FIFA decision reached of an excessive severity. 

‘Any decision which obviously is much more focused on the opinions of the media, the media that attacked immediately after the match. And in the press conference, journalists that only took the only topic. 

‘And, I don’t know what their nationality was, but they all spoke English. Just like we are close to the media pressure we were quite away from the objective date from the match.

‘When I speak with media attacks, the topic that they concentrated on was above all the history of Luis and the things that have happened in the past.

‘We know of the sanctions, in spite of these harassment we know where the power lies. I will not discuss that.

'That doesn’t mean we should accept it and the indiscriminate use of that power, the disciplinary committee, which is there to impart justice.’

Tabarez intends to resign from FIFA after their World Cup clash with Colombia following the decision to suspend Suarez. He has the complete support of his players over his decision to suspend Suarez and he refused to take a single question.

Tabarez added: ‘Many years ago, I started being linked to FIFA as attache and the technical study group at World Cups and youth tournaments and other events. 

‘I had a position and I must leave that position. It is not wise or prudent to be in an organisation with people who exerted pressure, those who rendered the award, who managed criteria and values that are different to the ones I have. Therefore in the coming days I will file my resignation to that position because of these reasons.’

I rest my damn case your honour.

• Downvote 2

"Remember [Zinedine] Zidane and what he did in that [2006] World Cup final? Fifa then gave him the Golden Ball," he added, before laughing. 

+1

Anyone else picture that maradona lookalike/evil wario guy laughing, can't get him outta my head

/

Thing is its such a weird thing to do, even if biting was legal in the game, there would only be a handful of ppl if anyone that woud do it, Suarez is a biter, it's his thing let him live ffs

It's weird because if he could just resist the urge to bite people and just swing an elbow or throw a headbutt he'd be a significantly less controversial figure.

You acting like he never punched that Chile player last year.

Luiz Suarez has the full c*nt repertoire in his locker.

"These are just things that happen on the pitch"

"There are things that happen you should not make a big deal out of them"

:lmao:

I don't see how him punching someone is relevant to what I said? I'm talking about how biting causes people to react significantly more than other more dangerous acts of violence.

Zidane got sent off twice for head butting people but I don't remember any FIFA representatives coming out to say he needed to seek help.

Paul Robinson is someone I've watched on numerous occasions seemingly tackle players with the intent to seriously hurt them but if you ask most people who's worse out of him and Suarez I'm pretty sure they'd say the latter and point to him biting people as justification despite the fact Robinson has seriously injured people.

The point is that if Suarez had been sent off three times for elbowing or for potentially leg breaking challenges he wouldn't be vilified to the same extent.

its because the british love shithouse challenges

their heroes were violent thugs not too long ago

so they can relate to leg breaking challenges and jaw breaking elbows

biting is something new to them and its done by the diving,racist,cheating foreigner Suarez

/

the CRAZY thing is once Suarez goes to Spain this summer and all the English sides are getting peppered in the the group stages and Suarez bags 3 in the Semi finals to send Barca to the final they will start asking questions as to why our big players sign for Barca or Real. Acting like he didn't get chased out of England

Its like people don't remember 2006 and Rooney stamping on an opponents ball sack and the aftermath that followed it for him ronaldo

All that was talked about was how ronaldo got Rooney sent off not how man tried to perform a vesectomy on the pitch

Took up as many column inches maybe more...

Yo Flojo,

My boys mrs walked in on him getting brain. How can he get out of this sticky situation?

He had an epiphany that changed his outlook on oral sex so he didn't want to reduce her to such a sordid act, she's above that as the wifey  :wub:  :wub:  love you babes etc etc

• Upvote 2

Guest freestacks

Oscar Tabarez claimed Luis Suarez had been made a worldwide scapegoat by FIFA during an extraordinary press conference at the Maracana on Friday evening.

Tabarez read a pre-prepared 13-minute statement to claim that pressure from the English media after he bit Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini last Tuesday forced FIFA to ban him for four months.

The Uruguay coach then immediately quit his position on FIFA’s technical committee and told Suarez that he has the full support of his country’s people.

Tabarez was then applauded out of the press auditorium by fawning Uruguayan journalists

Tabarez said: ‘Many times you forget the scapegoat is a person who has rights and that in this specific case, besides the mistakes and faults he has committed, he has made significant contributions on the pitch. It is the contribution made by great football players is essential.

‘As a coach and a professor, and as a former teacher, I am presented with the theory of the scapegoat. You know what I am talking about, of giving a punishment, to someone who commits a transgression, not a crime.

‘We know the protagonists and not only because of the profile he has because of the mistakes, but there is another side to him. That is a message: the severity was excessive. 

‘Perhaps I do have the answers but like many people, those who not only have to make disciplinary decisions - who wins? Who loses? Who benefits? Who is harmed? Who got things their way?

‘To one of these questions, I will not give you a final answer, but I will try to find a response. On the basis of these exaggerated decisions, only with decisions of this nature I doubt it. After the Suarez and Chiellini episode we have seen other things measured with a different measure. 

‘When that happens we have the omission because not all cases have to do with the transgression with indiscipline. Unavoidably this leads to exaggeration in terns if punishment. 

‘We should punish and sanction, but one must always give the opportunity to hear from the person.’

Tabarez was highly critical of the FIFA’s disciplinary panel after they failed to give Suarez the chance to speak for himself after the incident with Chiellini.

‘I trained and grew up in Uruguay as a footballer and a coach. I would also like to appear before you with my background as a coach. Since I was linked to international competitions I was a hardcore defender of fair play, of the developments of values and that aspect has led me to awards and recognition by FIFA of the merits and the organisations such as UNESCO that has declared me a champion. This is recognition and awards and distinctions that I will forever have close to my heart.

‘When an inquiry is established because of fault or omission caused by a football player seen or not seen and therefore not sanctioned and you resort to videos to establish what happened. 

‘At the match we had not seen the images. But because of the inquiry that was opened and we saw the images we saw that there was a possibility that punishment of the participants, Giorgio Chiellini and Suarez, that both would be punished.

‘I cannot deny that we were waiting for the referee to caution or the corresponding disciplinary sanction.

‘We never thought that we were told that the details of the FIFA decision reached of an excessive severity. 

‘Any decision which obviously is much more focused on the opinions of the media, the media that attacked immediately after the match. And in the press conference, journalists that only took the only topic. 

‘And, I don’t know what their nationality was, but they all spoke English. Just like we are close to the media pressure we were quite away from the objective date from the match.

‘When I speak with media attacks, the topic that they concentrated on was above all the history of Luis and the things that have happened in the past.

‘We know of the sanctions, in spite of these harassment we know where the power lies. I will not discuss that.

'That doesn’t mean we should accept it and the indiscriminate use of that power, the disciplinary committee, which is there to impart justice.’

Tabarez intends to resign from FIFA after their World Cup clash with Colombia following the decision to suspend Suarez. He has the complete support of his players over his decision to suspend Suarez and he refused to take a single question.

Tabarez added: ‘Many years ago, I started being linked to FIFA as attache and the technical study group at World Cups and youth tournaments and other events. 

‘I had a position and I must leave that position. It is not wise or prudent to be in an organisation with people who exerted pressure, those who rendered the award, who managed criteria and values that are different to the ones I have. Therefore in the coming days I will file my resignation to that position because of these reasons.’

I rest my damn case your honour.

yeah its not like english is the most common language in the world smh

• Upvote 3

Ice is trying to do a flojo but isnt leveling :lol:

media are bias shock horror. its like that in all countries.

You havent lived in Belgium,France,Portugal,Spain and spent your teenage years in Switzerland/Germany so stop guessing how the media is like in different countries

Holland doesnt really make a big deal out of it.. not even in headlines or anything

• Upvote 1

Flojo regarding Robinson, coming out for the ball is within the confines of playing football, he might have gone in too hard at times but I doubt he tried to seriously hurt anybody, even if I'm wrong the element of doubt is obvious, we can't know that for sure.

Suarez behaviour leaves no room for doubt as to his character and intentions.

Ice and Porch I believe there is an element of truth on what you 2 are saying.

However, you can't be biting people and generally behaving like Suarez does on a football pitch and not get a long ban.

A message needs to be sent to him that it isn't acceptable surely?