car crash/invalid insurance

Meticulous

Played on the injury saying got sharp pains and tightness etc and doctors diagnosed me with whiplash and has given me some high dose, very strong pain killers.. Inflammation tablets and a number for a physio

Just waiting for the insurance injury claims people to ring me back to discuss the claim but should get a decent offer or ill refuse it and get a private no win or fee solicitor instead

so i had a little car crash last night where a motorbike went into the side of me, on paper its my fault but irl its debatable 

the prick wants to go through insurance and claim for everything, he wont take cash

now i have 6 points that happened since my last renewal, which i didnt declare to my insurance

i know they have the right to void my insurance if they want to but what does it mean for me?

if its my fault do they just pay the other guy's costs and not mine?

should i just fix my own car and let the insurances do their thing? or let insurance take my car if my man's going the insurance route anyway

should i even bother calling them?

google just gives me 3 possible answers but.... anybody been in this position before?

/

D'ICKHEAD!!!

• Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I got by an ambulance whilst parked up, hit my car from the side and wiped my side mirror clean off..got all the deets they will admit liability.. how long does the process usually take?

what kind of realistic things can I claim on apart from the actual damage itself?

I deserve as much as possible from this...now man has to drive with one wing mirror for god knows how long kmt

7 minutes ago, zoot said:

Why would you waste an insurance claim on a wing mirror. Doesn’t make sense at all

shows how much of a peasant chaps really is :rofl:

pmsl

about 'I have to drive around with one wing mirror' no you don't fix it yourself you bum.

so the 6 points werent even relevant, he won the claim and it was worth about 12k. unless theres other deductions involved im guessing he got a 10 stack and a new bike

i was fully comp so i got an inflated quote on paper to fix my car and this was deducted from my excess

paid out about 1.5k overall including repair of my whip