Jay Z - New Tidal Music streaming Service

Afroman

Uber I can get though, its a few years development from taking over the taxi industry completely, everywhere

Whatsapp is a bit over my head but I can be convinced that owning a cut of the international communications market gives it a high value

Instagram... well fuck knows

but Spotify doesn't make sense, whether it takes over the music industry or not.. its never going to produce as much revenue as the music retail industry currently does - or am I overlooking something?

The only reason I can see that these companies are worth so much is the information they gather about people.

Spotify in a way is separate from the music industry they compliment it, and they might be bigger than the american music industry not worldwide.

also not the listening data, the user data. They could spin into events, merch, ticketing etc based on user trends and take a piece of that as well.

*i havent got spotify in case there doing this already

• 1 month later...

Strong rumours beats is gonna be pushed as part of ios9 too

game over.

the Tidal endorsement was as much a sell-out move than this

guy's continually banging on about respecting those who revolutionise and pioneer, yet Tidal was just slapping a gimmick marketing campaign on an existing service that didn't actually do much to differ its offering in comparison to other competitors

always mentioning Apple as well, he's probably well chuffed to have his name as part of the launch of their latest product

• 4 weeks later...

Peter Tonstad, the CEO of music streaming service Tidal, has left the company.

Tidal's previous CEO, Andy Chen, left the company in April, and Tonstad became the interim CEO while the company searched for a permanent replacement.

• 7 months later...

If you're black and support apple over tidal you are very lost.

What if you're black and have neither?

Does that make me a little lost?

Kinda sorta lost?

Or not lost at all?

nah i don't have neither either. But if you want that service you should definitely support the majority black owned one.

Why not support the better service?

Lol at trying to take a moral stand to line a bunch of millionaires pockets

Why not support the better service?

Lol at trying to take a moral stand to line a bunch of millionaires pockets

cool give it to white, multi millionaires at apple that know nothing about the music you listen too.

Do you ever want people from black culture making black cultured music to ever profit from it fully?

Or do you want black people being angry and poor forever?