London Housing

dub

Does anyone know why many of these new places are offered to the Chinese first? Where is the sense in it?

They pretty much always have the cash then and there for a purchase.

I know they have brought quite a few places in the new Elephant One area going up where the heygate was.

elephant-park-singapore1.jpg

Wayyyy too late for any attempts at stopping 'gentrification' in Brixton, that fight was over years ago. Once the foreign students made it a nice place to chill and the overflow of Henrys and Henriettas from Clapham saw it was calm and started moving in, it was pretty much over. Foxtons moving into where the old speedy noodles used to be was the final nail in the coffin. Foxtons is the harbinger of an areas upcoming gentrification. 

I think people need to face the reality that certain types of people will be slowly phased out of zones 1,2,3 over the next few years. It's always sad to see that people never notice these things until it's right up in their faces and biting them in the ass. By then it's usually too late. As someone who grew up in Peckham that area is next for the takeover. I've already seen the hipster bars on Queens Rd along with the new luxury developments along there.

I think council's will be looking at having the bare minimum of social housing needed in their boroughs, So they can maximise old estates with luxury new builds and instead look to offer residents who can't keep up, accommodation and homes well out of London.

What major city iant this the case in thoigh?

Find me a young person who can afford a house in NYC, or Paris etc

All of America isn't rushing to work and live in New York.

All of the uk isn't rushing to work and live in London either but more time people born in London are soo far up their own ass that they think that's the case

If that's the case then people wouldn't need to stand for 2hours in trains everyday going to work IN london Without getting a seat etc..

That accounts for the huge numbers of people working in london living well over 200miles out of it.

The second part of migration is the largest number of foreign migrants into the UK come into london and the south East since everywhere else is so shit. That's just fact..

Recently I've learnt that during the 90's and early 00's Asians would buy anything, especially the Pakistanis. They would spend like 110k of family money on a derelict warehouse to let out to illegal immigrants because they simply knew no better.

Fast forward today and they're holding developers to ransom with inflated asking prices on their land.

Cool story.

/

This whole matter is being exaggerated anyway, it's getting boring.

• Upvote 2

All of the uk isn't rushing to work and live in London either but more time people born in London are soo far up their own ass that they think that's the case
If that's the case then people wouldn't need to stand for 2hours in trains everyday going to work IN london Without getting a seat etc..

That accounts for the huge numbers of people working in london living well over 200miles out of it.

The second part of migration is the largest number of foreign migrants into the UK come into london and the south East since everywhere else is so sh*t. That's just fact..

So people are taking advantage of the higher pay level of London and lower cost level of other cities which means they aren't in a rush to live in London like you stated

Ask people from other cities around the UK if they would rather live in London and I bet the majority say no.. If you're born there and grew up around it fair enough but people aren't desperate to live in London anymore than other countries capital city, obviously foreigners are going to target the capital city as preference

Many people outside of London are not keen in living there. The mayor does not even give a fuck about Londoners..

You can live like a King (overstatement) in Manchester, Birmingham or Nottingham for half the price that Londoners pay for their rented out boxed room flat in the hood..

London needs a revamp and start looking after the people that make the city what it is.

No.

There is no way you can argue born londoners seek opportunities elsewhere in the country than non londoners coming to London

the last 2 companies ive worked for ( well established firms ) most of my colleagues were not born in london 

London is where it is at and this will always be the case

that ssaid Ive always said that somehow the goverment need to make the rest of the country more attractive to move to/work in 

couldnt imagine leaving london to pursue a career in manny or brum - yh right 

dont be offended non londoners this is just reality 

• Upvote 2

Recently I've learnt that during the 90's and early 00's Asians would buy anything, especially the Pakistanis. They would spend like 110k of family money on a derelict warehouse to let out to illegal immigrants because they simply knew no better.

Fast forward today and they're holding developers to ransom with inflated asking prices on their land.

Cool story.

/

This whole matter is being exaggerated anyway, it's getting boring.

Asians are rife for this still mate. Buy a house on your average mortgage, split it into multi occupancy. Rent each room out for 400 pm.

Its happening a lot

No.

There is no way you can argue born londoners seek opportunities elsewhere in the country than non londoners coming to London

the last 2 companies ive worked for ( well established firms ) most of my colleagues were not born in london 

London is where it is at and this will always be the case

I accept what your saying and i agree with you to some extent however it can depend on what industry of work the person is in. 

As attractive as London is, it's not worth being twice as expensive to save yourself an hours drive and Id put money on the majority of the uk (out of London) saying the same so saying everyone in the uk is desperate to work and live in London is silly.. Iv got family in Australia and if you told them they could get twice (or more) for their money living an hour out of London they would bite your hand off, in other capital cities you have to travel A LOT further than that to see such a drastic change in living costs

The second part of migration is the largest number of foreign migrants into the UK come into london and the south East since everywhere else is so sh*t. That's just fact..

So people are taking advantage of the higher pay level of London and lower cost level of other cities which means they aren't in a rush to live in London like you stated

Ask people from other cities around the UK if they would rather live in London and I bet the majority say no.. If you're born there and grew up around it fair enough but people aren't desperate to live in London anymore than other countries capital city, obviously foreigners are going to target the capital city as preference

quote me correctly and not avoid the two things i said. i said THERE IS A RUSH TO LIVE AND WORK IN LONDON.... do you think that with so many people working in london it will not push up house prices?

are many of said people NOT living in london not trying to capitalise on the high demand by also buying property to rent in london? 

yes, there are people who you say would never want to live in london yet work there..and they are as much of the problem as the chink in Xian province in china buying property in Woodgreen.