London Housing

dub

Recently I've learnt that during the 90's and early 00's Asians would buy anything, especially the Pakistanis. They would spend like 110k of family money on a derelict warehouse to let out to illegal immigrants because they simply knew no better.

Fast forward today and they're holding developers to ransom with inflated asking prices on their land.

Cool story.

/

This whole matter is being exaggerated anyway, it's getting boring.

Asians are rife for this still mate. Buy a house on your average mortgage, split it into multi occupancy. Rent each room out for 400 pm.

Its happening a lot

I'm talking about development land, not houses...

what is this minority? what is your claim based on?

have you based your claim on the people who travel equal distances to other parts of the uk? I am saying that a disproportionate amount of people within the uk are both migrating to live, and also as working economic migrants into london in comparison to any other part of the country, just as foreign landlords and property developers are buying up valuable land/property to revamp with little consideration to those who work AND live in london. 

do people travel from birmingham to work in Hull in large numbers daily? or from huddersfield to Shepley? or what minority are you talking about.

secondly, I am not even londoner so meh

Has nothing to do with 'gassed'.

Has more to do with, economic hub, country's CBD, contribution of ~22% to the entire GDP of the country, economies of agglomeration, world class business infrastructure, amenities, attractions, scale and diversity.

This is why people go to London and capital cities in general.

This is why there are commuter hubs and satellite towns.

This is why Crossrail, HS1 and soon HS2 exist as expensive as they are.

Nothing to do with 'gassed'.

What has travelling to other parts of the country got to do with anything, you said in response to yuri "all of America isn't rushing to work and live in New York" implying all of the uk is rushing to live and work in London and used packed trains to London as your reasoning, Iv also noticed in other posts that the general consensus for Londoners is that they think everyone would work/live in London if they could which isn't true at all, it's obviously the most attractive option for investment and foreigners the same with most capital cities.. Just because more people travel from out of London into London than travel out of london into other parts of the uk doesn't allow you to claim everyone's in a rush to work and live in london.. Like I said if you made a survey of how many people from the majors cities (excluding London) asking them if they would rather live in London I would put big money on the majority % saying no

• Downvote 1

Now I remember why I stopped coming on here, can't even have a debate without people getting angry or immature

And I'm not Jmoney mate nice try

by "all of america" i meant large numbers...its a figure of speech. Youre the one being immature rattling like a baby bcos you think i literally meant all of the uk. if you cant understand the statement i made in the context of this thread then stay out and stop crying.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

a girl last week told me she just bought a 1 bedroom flat 1 minute away from Edmonton Green, over £200k

surely this isn't life?

Fore Street flats are going for 250k.  So nearly went for them but i cba to wait for the rich people to move to Edmonton, it will take years.  Besides, Fore Street (Angel) must be one of the worst places to live community wise.

How does a house on Hertford rd go for nearly half a mil? The house next to me sold for 390 and IMO, is arguably on the nicest street in the area.

Got a very good price for 1 bed apartment in Bush hill and we get 1k now and over 1k next year.

Going to give the rest of my savings to my dad for him to buy a house and convert it into two flats.  That's the goal these days.