N____ In A Woodpile

Esquilax

I wouldn't say its racist per say just very insensitive, bigoted and un PC. Basically not suitable for this day and age 

Maybe 20+ yrs right now we would frown on certain phrases we casually say now like 'Terrorist' 'Jihadist' 'Ethnic minority' etc 

• Downvote 10

YO @Grafter, FUCK THIS WOMAN she knew exactly what it meant and still used it, that it came naturally is what fucking infuriates me most.  @Trap God not even gonna neg you, but fam you MUST see how using this completely undermines the history behind it and normalises something that belongs in the annals of cuntery and ought to be left there. 

1 hour ago, PascalMoriarty said:

YO @Grafter, FUCK THIS WOMAN she knew exactly what it meant and still used it, that it came naturally is what fucking infuriates me most.  @Trap God not even gonna neg you, but fam you MUST see how using this completely undermines the history behind it and normalises something that belongs in the annals of cuntery and ought to be left there. 

I didnt say anything different really

Trap asked for it to be articulated. He never said he didnt know it to be racist

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Grafter said:

Nigger is a racist term

She casually used the term in a turn of phrase. Everebody in the world knows Nigger alone is racist. On top if thatshe obviously understands the phrase which is why she used it. And its obviously a very negative thing. So she's happy to not only use nigger but use in such a way that has negative connotations about the nigger. That black people are a real problem. An annoyance. "The real nigger in the woodpile". It would only make sense to use that phrase if you agree a nigger on a woodpile a bad thing. Those pesky niggers

Its a pretty good guess that shes intrinsically racist. Within herself she might not hate black people but if she doesn't have a problem sayin what she said she probably doesn't see a problem with other racist stuff. At best ignorance or a complete disregard for anything to do with the opression of black people 

In 2017 if u are using nigger in a public setting you believe theres nothing wrong with the word. So you have acted blind over the last 50/60 years deliberately. Seems pretty racist to me.

Context is very important when you're talking about the way language has been used

I don't think her using a phrase in the correct context regardless of whether it has the word nigger in it or not is in itself racist

As badman said very insensitive, not pc and bigoted yes, in isolation racist? Not really IMO

That doesnt mean I don't believe they aren't racist. It's obvious that they are to anybody with any sense they don't even like lower class white people ffs 

What I don't understand is how you lot know this but you only get mad when someone SAYS something overt

At the end if the day it aint the first time someone of her ilk has used this phrase and it won't be the last

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/2273176/David-Cameron-urged-to-sack-Tory-peer-after-nigger-in-the-woodpile-remark.html

• Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Trap God said:

Context is very important when you're talking about the way language has been used

I don't think her using a phrase in the correct context regardless of whether it has the word nigger in it or not is in itself racist

As badman said very insensitive, not pc and bigoted yes, in isolation racist? Not really IMO

That doesnt mean I don't believe they aren't racist. It's obvious that they are to anybody with any sense they don't even like lower class white people ffs 

What I don't understand is how you lot know this but you only get mad when someone SAYS something overt

At the end if the day it aint the first time someone of her ilk has used this phrase and it won't be the last

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/2273176/David-Cameron-urged-to-sack-Tory-peer-after-nigger-in-the-woodpile-remark.html

I dont get the point of ur post..I gave a balanced response. Even gave her a best case scenario

The point is for people to articulate themselves, to share differing opinions and perhaps even to have some kind of discourse

Sometimes when I don't agree with something I want someone to explain why and how they came to their opinion so perhaps I can see it from a different perspective

But you basically said

She said nigger

Nigger is a racist term

And obviously

Thanks for playing though I appreciate you taking the time to respond regardless

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Trap God said:

But you basically said

She said nigger

Nigger is a racist term

And obviously

that's the point though is it not?

if it wasn't, us white dons could sing along to all our favourite rap songs without fear of retribution

we can't though cos those are the rules, and i respect those rules

she should respect them too

1 hour ago, Trap God said:

The point is for people to articulate themselves, to share differing opinions and perhaps even to have some kind of discourse

Sometimes when I don't agree with something I want someone to explain why and how they came to their opinion so perhaps I can see it from a different perspective

But you basically said

She said nigger

Nigger is a racist term

And obviously

Thanks for playing though I appreciate you taking the time to respond regardless

No cant you read?

I actually broke it down

I broke down the racism even tho she used it in context..i even said she might not hate black people.

dont be obtuse. Respond to my entire post rather than the first 2 lines. I actually feel like I wasted my time responding...I feel disappointed 

An if this is u being a troll, its not ur portion

8 minutes ago, Greens said:

Not even the use of the n word alone though, the actual phrase is racist. If the n word was replaced with 'black person' it would still be racist 

This. likening your political problems to a slave hiding in a woodpile to avoid recapture. Its the dismissive nature of the underlying context of the saying that appalled me most, almost matched by the various iterations of defence it conjured and the "PC brigade out in force" type responses. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Badman said:

I wouldn't say its racist per say just very insensitive, bigoted and un PC. Basically not suitable for this day and age 

Maybe 20+ yrs right now we would frown on certain phrases we casually say now like 'Terrorist' 'Jihadist' 'Ethnic minority' etc 

Do you even know what nigger means and how it was used?

Such an ignorant post. Its not at all relatabke to those other terms. Nigger ain no joke

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PascalMoriarty said:

This. likening your political problems to a slave hiding in a woodpile to avoid recapture. Its the dismissive nature of the underlying context of the saying that appalled me most, almost matched by the various iterations of defence it conjured and the "PC brigade out in force" type responses. 

Its shocking certain people cant see this. For what? To feel elevated past pettiness? This isn't petty. Its sad, its a deep sadness

I think what you lot are missing is that the slaves hiding in woodpiles to sneak into the north was a political problem

Its actually the perfect phrase to use in the context of what she was saying IMO it hits the nail on the head

Neither here nor there though

You man are gonna be outraged on here cos she SAID nigger

These times I bet you ain't on PISS when your greeted with subliminal racists IRL :lol:

I'm finding this just as confusing as you lot are chuth mi

• Downvote 1

This is the nature of the beast and peeps beggin apology and PC terms from an institution which was only ever setup this way.

They are pretty clear where they stand in terms of their real views held about black folk. And this is a political party not even flagging for the far right.

1 minute ago, Vtec said:

This is the nature of the beast and peeps beggin apology and PC terms from an institution which was only ever setup this way.

They are pretty clear where they stand in terms of their real views held about black folk. And this is a political party not even flagging for the far right.

:!:

6 minutes ago, Seydou said:

@Trap God would it been better if she said "like black in a woodpile"

Like how does one nail a statement like that? 

The phrase is not a black in a woodpile

That would be like saying "The largest living terrestrial animal in the room"

Bro

Just say the elephant in the room enni

You nail it when you use something exactly how its supposed to be used

It's a political term ffs

It's like using footballing terms when discussing football obviously your gonna get your point across how your supposed to for people who understand footballing terms 

• Downvote 2