Week 16 & 17 - 17/18 Premier League

User

It's too simplistic a view tbh.

Darkman also wrote off Zaha even though he didn't get a fair crack of the whip. Did he even get 1 start?

He rated Januzaj as better if I remember but where is he now?

I still think Zaha coulda been special at Man United regardless how it went.

Lukaku always had the touch of a rapist but you can't deny when someone is bagging, similarly Darkman wasn't talking like this 15 games ago when Lukaku was scoring was he?

If Lukaku hit 10 in the next 12 this argument will seem redundant again.

There are many reasons why Lukaku's goals have dried up, most are probably not to do with him in all fairness, Pogba been out, Mkhitaryan been out of sorts etc...

He could still realistically end the season on over 20 goals, would that been seen as a failure?

I don't think anybody woulda put their money on him scoring that gilt edge chance yesterday because he never was that Raul type of finisher, doesn't mean he can't lead the line though.

2 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

Darkman also wrote off Zaha even though he didn't get a fair crack of the whip. Did he even get 1 start?

Lukaku always had the touch of a rapist but you can't deny when someone is bagging, similarly Darkman wasn't talking like this 15 games ago when Lukaku was scoring was he?

There are many reasons why Lukaku's goals have dried up, most are probably not to do with him in all fairness, Pogba been out, Mkhitaryan been out of sorts etc...

He could still realistically end the season on over 20 goals, would that been seen as a failure?

I don't think anybody woulda put their money on him scoring that gilt edge chance yesterday because he never was that Raul type of finisher, doesn't mean he can't lead the line though.

Everybody knew Lukaku was a flat track bully, but Mourinho isn't playing to that strength.

United have had the 6th most shots this year.

They've also created less  chances as southampton.

United not got one player in the top 10 passers this season, and overall the team has made less passes than southampton.

3 hours ago, Toney Barton said:

Truth is he’s trash and he’s been trash all season. The goals he was bagging against the brexit teams took the focus off his shit touch. Soon as the goals dry up people are looking at what else he contributes to the team besides his lack of goals and the truth is not much tbh

45 minutes ago, Heero Yuy said:

They've also created less  chances as southampton.

United not got one player in the top 10 passers this season, and overall the team has made less passes than southampton.

Those are shocking stats tbh.

@ Lieutenant

I remember Lukaku got the header that led to the Martial goal against Spurs, he got a cross for a Rashford header aswell but he doesn't make himself anywhere near enough of a nuisance for a min of his size and strength.

His shot selection is also quite poor.

When he was signed I said he will get goals but knew he wouldn't make the difference at CL level so was wondering what Mourinho was on tbh, very uninspired signing.

Shoulda bought Aubameyang imo.