Semi Finals (& 3rd place match)

Admin.

Sterling gonna be key against France 

griezmann to bottle another final

1 minute ago, Toney Barton said:

England should get through tbh.

Just can't see them beating France.

France got midfielders riding bench who would moonwalk in the England team.

But football is a funny game.

I sound like an Arsenal fan, but it's ONE GAME. Who knows. It's been a strange World Cup thus far...

Great article from Rio on Maguire and the England defence.

Harry Maguire's emergence as an integral part of the England team has been one of the stories of this World Cup, but I am not surprised it has happened for him here in Russia.

Sometimes, the penny just drops for a player at a tournament, and it is the right time for you, in the right team.

For me, that moment came at the 2002 World Cup. That was when I found my way, and developed a total and clear understanding of my position.

It seems like Maguire, a ball-playing defender like me, is doing something similar.

I had my reservations about his mobility at this level, because there have been times I have seen him exposed in the Premier League for Leicester.

Facts

But some people are just made for the slower pace of international football and, on top of that, Maguire is thriving on the kind of football England play.

We are a possession-based team now, who look to dictate play and hold on to the ball for long periods.

That is completely different to how his club side play, but it gives him the chance to bring the ball out of defence, and he plays a vital role in the way England boss Gareth Southgate has set his side up.

I had a frank discussion with Gareth about England's defence before this World Cup, when he laid out what he was trying to do.

Gareth told me he did not have two centre-halves who had proved to him they were good enough to play together in a four, so he was going to go with three at the back.

Facts

He also made it clear about how he wanted to play. He wanted England to set the pace and tempo of every game, and for that to happen he needed defenders whose main attribute is to be good on the ball.

Facts

They need to be able to defend too, obviously, but they have to be comfortable in possession.

The three he has gone with at the back - Maguire, John Stones and Kyle Walker - all fit that template, but they also all offer something a bit different, which gives us a bit of balance that is great to see.

Stones will pass it through the lines into the attacking players, Maguire likes to come out with the ball, and Walker can run with it too.

Walker has also got the pace to act as cover behind if we lose possession. I was sceptical about playing a full-back there, but it has turned out to be a great thing.

Facts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44787907

Maguire be fooling alot of folks, in a 2 he is horrible.

Southgate >>>>>>>

So is bonucci...

21 minutes ago, O Fenomeno said:

Can Croatia defend set pieces?

No

Got mocked by Russias basic corners 

Game over

set piece england >

Tottenham >>>>_____

The way lovern gave sterling a fuck this kick 

Modric getting isolated.

That shoulda been a corner.