Rooney to leave United

Flojo

Tbh Kompressor is right though.As i said earlier i never expected him to stay for time, Just not leave this early.He holds no affiliation to the club, If anything hes in the same boat as Christie.

This situation is happening about 3 or 4 years earlier than I thought.
Exactly. Only thing thats suprised me about the whole thing.This was always on the cards if things started to go wrong at OT.Im baffed at anyone who didnt think this.He's not Ryan Giggs, he's not Paul Scholes he's not Gary Neville, he isn't even 20legend,A little bit of perspective to balance the emotion and passion wpuld go along way.

to Ironman, yes i'm being serious. Lets not kid ourselves, he came here to win things and have a long and successfull career, And the signs are others are going to be a serious threat to that. Rooney's not a United Fan, if he thougt to himself this club wont be winning things in a couple years why would he stay?Im not saying this is the reason outright, but quite frankly its a valid possibility,Pretty sure we'll only really find out the other side to the story after he leaves, if he chooses to say.If you think he's a c*nt merely for wanting to leave United i think you should brace yourself for what COULD be a turbulent c*nt-filled next few years, if things take a downturn. Which is very possible now. As Chelsea still have the ability to make waves in the market as do City and Liverpool may end up starting to do almost similar things, whereas United are showing Loses.Come on put yourself in his shoes, and tell me what you'd do.
mate, take 10 mins to watch that vid, listen to what Fergie was saying,then remember all the times this guy gassed about becoming a utd legend and wanting the armband, emulating Giggs and Scholes,consider the fact that his "loss of form" may actually have been down to his head being so easily turned.Then think why referring to him as a "c*nt" might actually be a compliment.

so you lot would actually give this guy around of applause when comes back???/utd fans
Whos talking abuot applause.Your seriously telling me you expect Rooney to show any loyalty... When he came from Everton FC... As an Everton FC fan... :D

lol, players will say and do anything to gass fans up. I.e kissing the badge and giving it the big un about wanting to stay forever and all the rest of it. I mean for christ sakes Javier Hernandez has kissed the badge twice since he's arrived. Im even cynical enough to believe that the instructions to say the stuff about becoming a true legend at a club and achieving this and that, could be being given by cheif exec's and agents looking to see more shirts and raise a players marketabilty and comercial worth among the fans of that club, Coz obviously you and probably many other United fans believed that crap.Remember he once said once a blue always a blue while at Everton, He told the board on the 10th august and its been kept under wraps untill now.If he was a c*nt on the level of Heinze or say Gallas he wouldve come out there and then and said i wont out, and left that month, thus really leaving us in the lurch,Yeah the loss of form could be down to his head being turned and becoming dissolusioned with theings at the club. And ive already stated why this could easily be the case,Your mistake is believing that everyone that pulls on the shirt feels they owe the club somthing, and has an attachment to the club,This is probably down to us experiencing major success and having a influx of pretty much loyal and home grown talent

so you lot would actually give this guy around of applause when comes back???/utd fans
Whos talking abuot applause.Your seriously telling me you expect Rooney to show any loyalty... When he came from Everton FC... As an Everton FC fan... :D
so you going sit there and stay neutral when he gets the ball or scores???football don't work like that mate.Back stabbed us like he did everton, if it was likely that he was going to move on why was there so much gas on his behalf? X amount of players have come and gone and not talked about surpassing giggs etc

lol, players will say and do anything to gass fans up. I.e kissing the badge and giving it the big un about wanting to stay forever and all the rest of it. I mean for christ sakes Javier Hernandez has kissed the badge twice since he's arrived. Im even cynical enough to believe that the instructions to say the stuff about becoming a true legend at a club and achieving this and that, could be being given by cheif exec's and agents looking to see more shirts and raise a players marketabilty and comercial worth among the fans of that club, Coz obviously you and probably many other United fans believed that crap.Remember he once said once a blue always a blue while at Everton, He told the board on the 10th august and its been kept under wraps untill now.If he was a c*nt on the level of Heinze or say Gallas he wouldve come out there and then and said i wont out, and left that month, thus really leaving us in the lurch,Yeah the loss of form could be down to his head being turned and becoming dissolusioned with theings at the club. And ive already stated why this could easily be the case,Your mistake is believing that everyone that pulls on the shirt feels they owe the club somthing, and has an attachment to the club,This is probably down to us experiencing major success and having a influx of pretty much loyal and home grown talent
_____>>>>>your rational
and lol at telling me to listen to what Fergie said, I haven't believed a word thats come out of that mans mouth since spring 2005.
good for you mate.

your emotions have got you talking rubbish mate, as if anything ive said hasn't been feasible, Your pissed up and pent up about it which is fair enough, a few years ago i wouldve probably acted the same but i've seen to much and spent far too much money to live in that dream land.my only mistake maybe being a little too cynical about things.But the last Loyal player to come into our club was 20legend, and with the way things are you should get used to that fact, We expect players to be loyal to United coz thats whats happened all through pretty much our entire lifetimes, but theres one factor that generates loyalty in football and that is success, take away the success and you will see people true colours, if you were silly enoug to buy into the smoke and mirrors then fair enough, but i'm not 11 anymore, and i dont believe every player wants to play for United for life and die in the shirt.Sorry i'm a realist.As has been said the only thing thats suprised me is i thought this would happen in a couple of years, but to be honest due to the time left on his contract and how stupid it would be for him to sign on again if he wants out the timing couldnt be helped.

Noones saying rooney should have a statue built for him. Think people need to just get some perspective on this. He left everton, a club he said he loved etc etc so why would he have any more attachment to a club who have employed him for 5 or 6 years?
Well, you've got to consider that he knew & I'm sure that the people around him knew, that his potential were 'too big' for a club like Everton at a time. That's why it's understandable, regardless.

i think the reason i cant get over emotional with things like this is because, i cried when Cantona left and was ridiculously emotional when 20legend announced his retirement, so in that vain who the f*ck are mercinaries like Rooney, Heinze and to a certain extent Tevez even though unlike the other two we f*cked him off initially not the other way round which is often forgotten. I aint saying dont get pissed off, but perspective is the key word here.And as i said put yourself in Rooney's shoes and tell me what you'd do different.

Noones saying rooney should have a statue built for him. Think people need to just get some perspective on this. He left everton, a club he said he loved etc etc so why would he have any more attachment to a club who have employed him for 5 or 6 years?
Well, you've got to consider that he knew & I'm sure that the people around him knew, that his potential were 'too big' for a club like Everton at a time. That's why it's understandable, regardless.
Granted, and so the people around him are quite possibly telling him the same thing right now. I.e his potential right now out weighs that of a United that could very feasibly be on a serious decline.The point is, Rooney was a Everton boy, and thats where his loyalties lay untill somthing better came along, and the same thing has happened here.The problem supporters like Ironman have is they look at these situations from the point of view of a United fan, and Rooney plain and simple isnt one, so thats pointless.

Granted, and so the people around him are quite possibly telling him the same thing right now. I.e his potential right now out weighs that of a United that could very feasibly be on a serious decline.The point is, Rooney was a Everton boy, and thats where his loyalties lay untill somthing better came along, and the same thing has happened here.The problem supporters like Ironman have is they look at these situations from the point of view of a United fan, and Rooney plain and simple isnt one, so thats pointless.
I agree with you.My point is, the jump from Everton to Manchester United & from United to City are CONSIDERABLY different.The appeal of Man City lies MOSTLY with the money involved at the moment.Whilst with the appeal with United when he made that move in 2004 was the pedigree of the club, the money, improving as a player, etc.Big differences.So to say, ''Oh, he was an Everton boy, through & through & left them, so no-one should be surprised he's leaving us...'' sentiment is a bit misguided when you consider this current request to leave isn't justifiable.
  • Upvote 2

I agree with you.My point is, the jump from Everton to Manchester United & from United to City are CONSIDERABLY different.The appeal of Man City lies MOSTLY with the money involved at the moment.Whilst with the appeal with United when he made that move in 2004 was the pedigree of the club, the money, improving as a player, etc.Big differences.So to say, ''Oh, he was an Everton boy, through & through & left them, so no-one should be surprised he's leaving us...'' sentiment is a bit misguided when you consider this current request to leave isn't justifiable.
yes thats fair enough, but to be honest, if you look to the future, what path do you see United and City taking, and what boat are you better or on.

Hes won it all at United and I would like to see him go abroad..I think Rooney has been superb for United ova the years however, im not sure we eva saw the best from Rooney over a consistent period.. I feel Ronaldo was the better performer overallI dnt know how good Rooney is anymore, ive watched him since he scored that banger against Spurs in the 2002 FA Youth Cup..He was about much more than goals before, he enjoyed his best eva goal return last season, but im not convinced his performances wer as good, I mean Darren Bent scores goals and I could name more of those type players, yet no1 is screaming how great they are and Rooney plays for a better team and gets more chances..

• Upvote 1

lol what was i saying all last season f*ck rooney he is turning into alan shearer will bag 30 but the team wont win anything with him as the main man...... glad he is going and his decision i dont think is a money one....its a really smart one he sees that it is city who is going to dominate the next 10 years and he wants to be apart of it....jump ship and be apart of the first city side to win the league or stay with united and battle for fourth with arsenala wise decision hopefully he is roundly booed them rooney chants the other day pissed me offfans need to see that him leaving is down to him and not glazers/fergie/gilljust hope we bring in a few decent replacements if we do sellalso it might even make more sense financially to let him rot in the reserves for 18 months then to sell him for 20-30m to city as we would lose that money on prize money/merchandising abroad/replacements anyway.

I can't see this being solely down to money, it makes no real sense. he's on £100k-plus per week. Neither Real or Barca are going to give him £200k, or they'd have to pay all their other stars at least that much. I'd imagine the same is true of Chelsea. the only club that would even contemplate paying that is City, and I can't see why he'd kick up such a fuss to go there. Something must have happened somewhere.If he does go to City, it would be hilarious and all, but that would make him possibly the biggest c*nt of all up their with the Sol's of this world abeit in different circumstances. It's bad enough him going from "once a Blue always a Blue" to kissing his Man U badge to taunt the Everton fans, but then moving to City after that....that's probably as low as it can get.lol at Man U fans and ex-players in mortal shock because a player has dared to say he wants to leave. They've clearly been believing all this nonsense about players never wanting to leave the club, or the only way from there being down. Players leave Barca, Real, Milan, Juve, Liverpool and every other club that have ever considered themselves the best teams in the world, it happens all the time, they're no special case.