The eBook Thread

TAKE HEED

I am convinced that the Wu-Tang Manual doesn't exist online in PDF form. (If someone can prove me wrong I'd be much obliged). My theory is that RZA has performed a Zen ritual to prevent its bootlegging. Seems to be nowhere at all. But here's a heap of randomly-selected stuff: some nonfic, some classics, some contemporary stuff.80 Very Short Introductions - a zip of 80 titles in the VSI range, the exact contents are here. I upped it on VIP2 before, link's still live. Really interesting collection with enough range for anybody's tastes. megaupload.com/?d=1KDVQG8WAlexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo - Undeniable classic of storytelling: justice, betrayal, honour and revenge. The original Prison Break. Hands-down Top 5 GNOAT, SNMsharebee.com/7f202007George Pelecanos Collection - Pelecanos contributed to the writing of The Wire, and was the architect of all the most memorable and haunting death scenes (Spoilers:

Wallace, Frank Sobotka, Stringer, Snoop

), to give you an idea of his calibre. His books are basically in the same vein of the show - evocative and troubling crime dramas, set round Washington DC and Baltimore. Seven books in here, all great, with the standouts (imo) being Hard Revolution and Drama Citysharebee.com/715edbffArt Spiegelman - Maus: A Survivor's Tale - This is both a Holocaust survivor's story, and a portrait of his family's struggles forty years later - all told as a graphic novel where everyone is depicted as animals. Unlikely modus, but an incredible and poignant story.sharebee.com/2fc0c935Nassim Nicholas Taleb - The Black Swan fascinating book about randomness and uncertainty, and our inability to process and deal with improbably rare events, 'Black Swans'sharebee.com/7cea08c6Alan Watts - The Philosophies of Asia - transcripts of speeches and seminars by Watts, voicing his insights and thoughts on Eastern religions and philosophysharebee.com/579b9a24Thomas Friedman - The World Is Flat - a highly-readable sketch of the increasingly-globalised 21st-century society and single market. Slightly cheerleaderish, but still an insightful look at the world and the futuresharebee.com/27f71042Thorstein Veblen - Theory Of The Leisure Class - famous socio-economic critique of low-fi consumerist culture. Especially resonant in the midst of a consumption-induced recessionsharebee.com/702f1cfeRobert Ludlum - Bourne Series - great action films, great action books. (Zip includes Ludlum's original trilogy, and a couple of Eric Van Lustbader's follow-ups)sharebee.com/50fd855b

Magic Bullets by SavoyThe Game by Neil StraussShould be fun to try out while you out and about. Don't think it all works just pick a fun things in the books that work for you and have a laugh.
Reading that at the moment lolMost of it has to be adapted to your own character and surroundings. Englands a lil less cheesey and more genuine than the US.

Magic Bullets by SavoyThe Game by Neil StraussShould be fun to try out while you out and about. Don't think it all works just pick a fun things in the books that work for you and have a laugh.
Reading that at the moment lolMost of it has to be adapted to your own character and surroundings. Englands a lil less cheesey and more genuine than the US.
Big time.I think they're both good reads even if you don't want to get into the (sad) community, if nothing else it's an eye opener.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest Flat Eric

there are no deets so to speak of, why is everything crime to you Eric?

u used to be such a well behaved young man

Radio dm me an e-mail address to send to

bro i didnt know asking for details so i can download engineering books was crime related BRAH

might aswell give me the deets tho brother

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Can someone direct me to GOOD Ebook sites please.