BANG BANG QPR GANG

Nidge Weasle

havent been on this site for years, only came back to check what was being said about the riots and i see this thread??!!!

crazy how all my time on this site i didnt know there was another "life long" qpr fan, and this thread is made during our promotion season....what are the chances?

but anyway, we dominated the first half by far the better team. second half started well but just melted after the second goal, some shocking shocking defending. goes to show even if you have the best goalkeeper in the league (yeah i said it) it wont help you when you have a back four like ours.

still, early days and hopefully if fernandes gets involved and gives warnock a bit of money we can build, derry, faulin,cambell,taarabt,bothroyd,kenny are all quality players we just need a tighter back four.

norwich will finish bottom!

oh and bolton made a lot more noise in the second half.....f*ck*ng botlon. loftus road has been like a morgue the last few years, and theres a certain orange glowing c*nt to thank for that.

and with that im out, (may stick my one sided,rose tinted opinions in every now and again through the season)

• Upvote 3

lol turn it in mate, as soon as you made this i was being mentioned .

you going everton or wigan? if you hadnt heard, that gravy drinking egg chasing pathetic excuse for a footballl club wigan have changed the kick off to 12 30. absolute pisstake going to get onto virgin tomorow and try and change my kick off time.

what blocks your season ticket in? i see they replaced all the seats in the loft.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

still, early days and hopefully if fernandes gets involved and gives warnock a bit of money we can build, derry, faulin,cambell,taarabt,bothroyd,kenny are all quality players we just need a tighter back four.

These are the only proven Premiership players you have.

Faurlin ain't proven, nor is Taraabt but he is better, will do well.

Derry needs to be sitting in the reserves, not premiership level.

Norwich are better than you lot, if you don't get some defenders asap you will finish bottom.

EXCLUSIVE: FERNANDES SEALS TAKEOVER

Posted on: Thu 18 Aug 2011

Malaysian business tycoon Tony Fernandes CBE has completed his takeover of Queens Park Rangers Football Club.

Fernandes' company Tune Group have bought a majority stake in the Club, buying out previous majority shareholders Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone.

The 47 year-old founder of AirAsia, who is also the team principal of Formula One's Team Lotus, and his business partners, have a controlling stake of 66 per-cent and will work alongside the Mittal Family, who have retained their 33 per-cent stake.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Fernandes said: "I lived in Uxbridge Road for many years and grew up around the area.

"Everyone knows I've followed West Ham all my life, but I've always had a soft spot for QPR.

"Rangers were one of the first teams I watched as a child at Loftus Road."

Fernandes - who will take the role of Chairman of QPR Holdings Ltd and be joined on the board by joint Tune Group owner Mr Kamarudin Bin Meranun, one of Malaysia's most successful business tycoons -added: "The opportunity to get involved with the Club was mentioned to me by the previous owners and here I am.

"I've always wanted to be involved in football and the appeal of a London Club, like QPR, was too good an opportunity to turn down.

"It's funny how life has a way of spinning things round. It goes full circle sometimes.

"QPR is a raw diamond and hopefully I can contribute into turning it into a diamond."

Amit Bhatia, who will resume his position as Vice Chairman of the Club, told www.qpr.co.uk: "I'm very excited to welcome Tony to QPR and having spent considerable time with him, know that we share the same vision and values.

"We have discussed in great detail how to restore pride at the Club and I'm very pleased with the outcome of these discussions.

"It was a very difficult decision to resign from the board when I did, so I'm thrilled to be back and would like to thank all those who supported me and my family and look forward to serving the Club to the best of my abilities again.

"Tony and I will work alongside each other to try and make this season as exciting and successful as possible. I love this Club and this is a very happy day for me."

Fernandes added: "I have ambitions in the long term.

"I could easily say we're going to win the Champions League and the Premier League, but that's really not my style. I don't want to make big promises I can't guarantee.

"I want the fans to be proud of what we're doing and be involved as much as we can. The fans pay good money and are stakeholders, so whatever we do, I want the fans to be proud. We'll do it in style and with integrity.

"I'm keen to create a good Academy, so that there's a constant supply of players. We're in a fantastic part of London and we should be bringing kids through.

"The third aspect is to be a strong partner in the community and to make a difference in the community.

"Of course you don't go into anything in the sporting world and not want to be the best, but these things take time and I'd rather let the results speaks for themselves."

http://www.qpr.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10373~2424165,00.html

Good times

These are the only proven Premiership players you have.

Faurlin ain't proven, nor is Taraabt but he is better, will do well.

Derry needs to be sitting in the reserves, not premiership level.

Norwich are better than you lot, if you don't get some defenders asap you will finish bottom.

Derry played pretty well against Bolton but he will need replacing as dont think he could play like that all season

Hill and Orr are not Prem quality and not sure if Hall can cut it

I was disappointed with Faurlin and Taarabt was great first half but went to sleep second half

Can only make a proper judgement once they played a good few games though

Now we got this cash boost hopefully can bring in some class players to bolster the defence and someone with some pace which we are lacking