Ferguson hints at retirement date

Mr. Gayle

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has delivered his strongest hint yet that he will retire from football in 2011. By then, Britain's most decorated boss will have spent a quarter-of-a-century at the Old Trafford helm. He has won 18 trophies after arriving at the club in 1986 from Aberdeen but told French radio: "I still have a lot of passion. "I'm still happy but I'm 66 now - maybe three years more, then I'll finish." Ferguson had initially planned to retire in 2005, only to change his mind. That decision was vindicated as he rebuilt his side and United went on to clinch last season's Premier League crown. 606: DEBATE Has Ferguson got his timing right? Ferguson believes it will be time to go when he is 69. "I'm getting beyond the future now," he stated. However, he said it was too soon to mark out his successor but added: "I have a great assistant in Carlos Queiroz. He will come into the reckoning. "But we have owners and a chief executive who will choose the new man in three years' time." United are still in line for the Treble for the first time since 1999 and face Portsmouth in the FA Cup on Saturday. They are also aiming to retain their league title and have already booked a place in the quarter-finals of the Champions League after beating Lyon this week.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/7283212.stm

"No retirement date for bossSir Alex Ferguson is refusing to put a timescale on any potential retirement, despite reports in the press that he will quit in three years.The manager was quoted in the UK press as saying “maybe three more years, then I’ll finish”. But he was less committed to a specific date when asked about his intentions at his Friday press briefing at Carrington.“I’m not putting a time limit on it, it’s impossible,” he told reporters. "You never know what happens in life.“It’s something I have said for quite a while. If you are fit and healthy and enjoying your job, then who knows? Two, three, maybe four years, it’s difficult to pigeon-hole myself on that one.”Sir Alex, of course, did plan to retire in 2002, but went back on his decision. The boss admitted that pre-announcing his retirement had an effect on the team, and in February 2002 agreed to stay in charge for at least another three years.He is currently on a rolling one-year contract, and shows no sign of retiring soon."www.manutd.com

Guest haze-e
If Utd win the CL and League he's gone at the end of the season.
I believe this will happen. He will be gone if the Double is won.I wouldnt mind Queiroz taking the job you know.If it werent for him no Nani no Christie no Anderson. Hmmmm.