10 highest paying careers

yeh these are offical statistics but you cant really rely upon them all to be completely accuratemy sister is a social worker and makes over £50K not £26i think it is true that train drivers make close to £40K a year, bin men make about £40K a year too
1 of my friends friends is supposedly on 40k a year driving trains, didnt believe it but maybe there is truth to it.Dont understand why people dont just forget Uni and be a train driver if thats the case.Bin men dont get 40k lol, certain man I know get like 18-22.
lol well i was helping out in some school and 2 teachers were telling me how their brothers are bin men and earn £40K a year in birmingham and live in nice houses lolone woman was ready to quit her job on the spot to be a binman
LMFAOIf they are paying 40k in Birms then they are paying 60k in London.Some fables lol, I reckon the brothers earn 40k combined and the woman got it confused lol
women smhno sexist

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh these are offical statistics but you cant really rely upon them all to be completely accuratemy sister is a social worker and makes over £50K not £26i think it is true that train drivers make close to £40K a year, bin men make about £40K a year too
1 of my friends friends is supposedly on 40k a year driving trains, didnt believe it but maybe there is truth to it.Dont understand why people dont just forget Uni and be a train driver if thats the case.Bin men dont get 40k lol, certain man I know get like 18-22.
lol well i was helping out in some school and 2 teachers were telling me how their brothers are bin men and earn £40K a year in birmingham and live in nice houses lolone woman was ready to quit her job on the spot to be a binman
LMFAOIf they are paying 40k in Birms then they are paying 60k in London.Some fables lol, I reckon the brothers earn 40k combined and the woman got it confused lol
a little search on google...Binmen clean up with new pay dealFeb 9 2008 Iron Angle by Paul DaleRefuse collection team leaders - Birmingham City Council dustcart drivers in plain English - will be able to earn a princely £38,480 a year from April 2010.Substantially more than most police constables and teachers are paid, and about twice the salary of newly-qualified social workers.@skola - the thing is, the people who do these high paying jobs, actually love them, because most of them could afford to retire when they're 30 but they dont because they genuinely enjoy their job so much

a little search on google...Binmen clean up with new pay dealFeb 9 2008 Iron Angle by Paul DaleRefuse collection team leaders - Birmingham City Council dustcart drivers in plain English - will be able to earn a princely £38,480 a year from April 2010.Substantially more than most police constables and teachers are paid, and about twice the salary of newly-qualified social workers.@skola - the thing is, the people who do these high paying jobs, actually love them, because most of them could afford to retire when they're 30 but they dont because they genuinely enjoy their job so much
It must be only the driver then still.I thought they rotated on the driving but maybe not. Thats obviously a higher job than the average wheely bin rolling bin men in their team.

Guest Lemons

I sware rat catchers are on 75K minimum?You lot are looking at the world through some rose tinted, hyper enlarged spectatcles if you think most of the people mentioned in this topic are earning what you have stated.

those stats are misleading...they've taken the average...so people who are at the bottom are diluting the top earners.my brother is going to be a lawyer and hes going to be starting on £40k when he finishes his LPC...and that can increase in his second year (depending on how good hes doing) to anything up to £75k

Top sports people are laughin at the amount they earn to play sports, sheesh.
For real, Know a couple man that signed with QPR, not even first teamand got complimentary new 57 plate a3/corsa's
You think thats bad, my sisters 15, in year 11 and a boy in her class is in the reserves, on £700 a week already.

dont kno why im suprisedanother reason not to be a civil engineermy cousins just finishin his degree in aeronauticalhes gna be ballin come nex yr
I honestly don't believe that's the wage for a civil engineer. These people are key in the development of buildings and are getting that? I seriously don't believe it.You know what, my dad was talking to me about trying to get involved in the stock exchange. He was telling me it doesn't necessarily matter what course you do, if you are hard working and make them money they will take you on. I am really interested in it, but I don't want to get my hopes up when it's not feasible. Do you need certain courses? Any sort of requirements? I'm trying to do research on teh net, and if I get even the slightest idea it's possible, I'm looking at that area of work for after graduation.

dont kno why im suprisedanother reason not to be a civil engineermy cousins just finishin his degree in aeronauticalhes gna be ballin come nex yr
I honestly don't believe that's the wage for a civil engineer. These people are key in the development of buildings and are getting that? I seriously don't believe it.You know what, my dad was talking to me about trying to get involved in the stock exchange. He was telling me it doesn't necessarily matter what course you do, if you are hard working and make them money they will take you on. I am really interested in it, but I don't want to get my hopes up when it's not feasible. Do you need certain courses? Any sort of requirements? I'm trying to do research on teh net, and if I get even the slightest idea it's possible, I'm looking at that area of work for after graduation.
nah from what ive heard, u dont need to have done a specific coursejus show determination and problem solving skillswww.milkround.comis a good site for all careers after u graduate, has open day calenders and stuff, all different sectorsi thought about goin into finance, cos they get lovely starting salarys, all 30 grand pluscompany cars and hello packagesbut its long days, and stress, which is also what civil engineerin isim not plannin on workin for anyone longer then 5 yrs after my masters anyhow

My dad is telling me that these guys in stock exchanges are driving Audi TT's, and the older guys laugh at them and know they are the new guys because that's the only car they could afford.LOLSoem serious baiders in the city. I really am contemplating it. I want at least one fully owned house in London before I look elsewhere.

Top sports people are laughin at the amount they earn to play sports, sheesh.
For real, Know a couple man that signed with QPR, not even first teamand got complimentary new 57 plate a3/corsa's
You think thats bad, my sisters 15, in year 11 and a boy in her class is in the reserves, on £700 a week already.
LOLHe probably gives his mum pocket money

My dad is telling me that these guys in stock exchanges are driving Audi TT's, and the older guys laugh at them and know they are the new guys because that's the only car they could afford.LOLSoem serious baiders in the city. I really am contemplating it. I want at least one fully owned house in London before I look elsewhere.
lolI woulda want them to laugh at me then still, from they do that im ghetto fabulous already lol.Yeah I know they baid, my friends older brother went and did that for a few years and he bought a flat and doesnt work anymore, pursuing his music career lol