10 highest paying careers

@ ToneyThey was a BBC programme about this towards like year stillThey went thru most of the jobs from the worse low paid to the high top baidersThe presenters were father & son
i watched that still at the end they said how much THEY earned, can't remember the figure but it was pee's.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dont kno why im suprisedanother reason not to be a civil engineermy cousins just finishin his degree in aeronauticalhes gna be ballin come nex yr
I honestly don't believe that's the wage for a civil engineer. These people are key in the development of buildings and are getting that? I seriously don't believe it.You know what, my dad was talking to me about trying to get involved in the stock exchange. He was telling me it doesn't necessarily matter what course you do, if you are hard working and make them money they will take you on. I am really interested in it, but I don't want to get my hopes up when it's not feasible. Do you need certain courses? Any sort of requirements? I'm trying to do research on teh net, and if I get even the slightest idea it's possible, I'm looking at that area of work for after graduation.
how old are you? and what race are you?theres a charity called seo london which works directly with all the big investment banks like goldman sachs, lehman brothers, merrill lynch etc to help get people from ethnic minorities into investment banking. they have a programme where you can do a summer internship, but its not easy to get onto the programme or into investment banking. its one of the best paid jobs in the world, so theres obviously alot of competition, so if u want to be a trader you NEED to do a summer internship otherwise its practically impossibleyou dont need to do a certain course, but there is a strong bias towards people who do quantitative degrees e.g. maths, engineering, economics etc from the best unis e.g. oxbridge, lse, ucl etc. you also need good a-level grades.if u need any info on this kind of stuff feel free to ask, i've been to loads of workshops on this type of sh*t and networking events with the head recruiters for the banks, and the top level managing directors, presidents etc

dont kno why im suprisedanother reason not to be a civil engineermy cousins just finishin his degree in aeronauticalhes gna be ballin come nex yr
I honestly don't believe that's the wage for a civil engineer. These people are key in the development of buildings and are getting that? I seriously don't believe it.You know what, my dad was talking to me about trying to get involved in the stock exchange. He was telling me it doesn't necessarily matter what course you do, if you are hard working and make them money they will take you on. I am really interested in it, but I don't want to get my hopes up when it's not feasible. Do you need certain courses? Any sort of requirements? I'm trying to do research on teh net, and if I get even the slightest idea it's possible, I'm looking at that area of work for after graduation.
how old are you? and what race are you?theres a charity called seo london which works directly with all the big investment banks like goldman sachs, lehman brothers, merrill lynch etc to help get people from ethnic minorities into investment banking. they have a programme where you can do a summer internship, but its not easy to get onto the programme or into investment banking. its one of the best paid jobs in the world, so theres obviously alot of competition, so if u want to be a trader you NEED to do a summer internship otherwise its practically impossibleyou dont need to do a certain course, but there is a strong bias towards people who do quantitative degrees e.g. maths, engineering, economics etc from the best unis e.g. oxbridge, lse, ucl etc. you also need good a-level grades.if u need any info on this kind of stuff feel free to ask, i've been to loads of workshops on this type of sh*t and networking events with the head recruiters for the banks, and the top level managing directors, presidents etc
Thanks for that. I'm British African. Black. 21 in June. Graduate when I'm 22. Wouldn't mind doing that summer internship after I graduate as this summer I already have plans to make money and can't really risk not doing so. I'm going to PM you later today about it.

yeh these are offical statistics but you cant really rely upon them all to be completely accuratemy sister is a social worker and makes over £50K not £26i think it is true that train drivers make close to £40K a year, bin men make about £40K a year too
no social worker unless top managerial can get that as basic, so its probably with all the OT put in. police too can get up to 40k and above with OT added, but thats not a basic..those figures are basic.doctors can earn up to 250k with added extras so of course its not an accurate list but it takes into account mainly what your initial payment is

Where they do these workshops?
i've just been invited to one at merrill lynch, so sometimes at the banks themselves or at hotels
SnapI've been doing a few with Saxo bank at Canary Wharf, I've got one tomorrow with ODL Securities on Technical AnalysisLike I said in the pm though, I'm a trader & don't intend to work for an investment bank so the workshops i think are different

LOL AT LOSERS TALKIN THAT LOW WAGE GOOD SOCIAL LIFE NONSENSEI DNT CARE IF IM MISERABLLE AS f*ck EARNIN 100K THATS WAT I WILL BE DOINGSOME WASTED PEOPLE TALKIN NONSENSEf*ck A BALANCE I WANT THAT CASH MONEYO AND IM NUMBER 2.. BY 30 6 FIGURES IS A MUST OR IM A FLOP AND WILL FLAGELATE MYSELF LIKE THE SHIA MUSLIMS IN IRAN
WELL GOOD FOR YOU. ..

LOL AT LOSERS TALKIN THAT LOW WAGE GOOD SOCIAL LIFE NONSENSEI DNT CARE IF IM MISERABLLE AS f*ck EARNIN 100K THATS WAT I WILL BE DOINGSOME WASTED PEOPLE TALKIN NONSENSEf*ck A BALANCE I WANT THAT CASH MONEYO AND IM NUMBER 2.. BY 30 6 FIGURES IS A MUST OR IM A FLOP AND WILL FLAGELATE MYSELF LIKE THE SHIA MUSLIMS IN IRAN
loldoes that mean you may consider blowing yourself up at 30?

Guest PennyTraitor
2 successful moves and that yearly salary could be yours in 2 weeks if you plan properly..and people wonder why the road is so appealingf*ck working for 35k a monthwhen youts on road, smash one securicor box and get it in a sec
my nigga.

lol this guy.. ur the new CRLS. i see ur point tho, some people just say they wanna be happy. yet, i wonder how happy they can be when they're jus getting by. talkign like london when they grow up will be like london when their parents grew up. the list dont mean anything to me still.@young money.... seen. the death and prison rate should outweigh any appealing outcome of such moves. dry.gif lol@ smashing securicor vans in 08.

Where they do these workshops?
Sign up to spread betting companies they will invite you to free seminars, they want you to lose your money, they ain't gonna teach you how to make money, just basics of charting and how to use their platform. Finspreads, Capital Spreads, ODL securities...

Guest Nucleus
not reallyIT used to be really goodbut now its kinda saturated so rates fallstill good tho
Not true. I know many I.T guys earning well over £80k a year. And most of them only work for 8/9 months in the year. Contracting is the way forward. These guys are all under 25. I was offered something similar, but turned it down to pursue other interests.
Investment bankers are no.1...
Technically, on average, top traders make waaaay more than top bankers.
Dont understand why people dont just forget Uni and be a train driver if thats the case.
Career prospects aren't really sayin much if you're a train driver. Non-transferable skills and all that. However, taking into account all their strikes and such, their hourly rate is nice.
I honestly don't believe that's the wage for a civil engineer. These people are key in the development of buildings and are getting that? I seriously don't believe it.
It's the truth, the engineering field in the UK will be facing a bottleneck soon. Too few students are opting for engineering jobs after graduation. They are being wooed by the bigger salaries of the banks and consulting firms.
You know what, my dad was talking to me about trying to get involved in the stock exchange. He was telling me it doesn't necessarily matter what course you do, if you are hard working and make them money they will take you on. I am really interested in it, but I don't want to get my hopes up when it's not feasible. Do you need certain courses? Any sort of requirements? I'm trying to do research on teh net, and if I get even the slightest idea it's possible, I'm looking at that area of work for after graduation.
It's very possible. You need to be good with numbers and hard working. Good A'levels are not a pre-requisite, unless you want to work for a major bank (Goldman, Merrill, JP Morgan etc). I know a few friends that are now traders at smaller organisations, earning high 5 figures. All under 25.