Official US 2008 Presidential Elections Topic...

Guest Flava Dave

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kenyan president Mwai Kibaki has declared Thursday 6th November a public holiday as celebrations broke out in all major towns after Barack Obama was declared the USA's president-elect. Kibaki congratulated Obama and immediately sanctioned the celebrations that have rocked the country.
zoop zoopman'll hit there nexx year n celebrate with the mandem

Lol how can u say clubs not putting on an Urban night has anything to do with institutionalized racism? They way 001 was blowing his trumpet after he read that, emboldening text and acting like he'd just landed on the moon and planted the Jamaican flag on its cratered surface.Its their club. They own it. They can do as they please in their property. As Goddaz said there are assumptions made, based on factual events, about Urban nights in clubs.Whether the reasons be racial or whatever - there is more violence reported at these events. The white people of this country do not have a vendetta against the blacks. I'm sure a minority do, just as a certain number of blacks do against whites, pakistani's against indians and koreans against chinese. This is life. Moretime people don't even care if you are black, they have more important things to worry about - how many qualifications you have, how your conduct is, how motivated you are. A stereotype can easily be eradicated in the first few seconds of conversation if you have the mental capacity to disprove it. If you don't then all you do is reinforce that stereotype. Instead of wallowing in your own feacal matter and self pity, work on reversing stereotypes about your race, or conquering them by overcoming them. People don't give two f*cks about your skin colour and if they do then they not worth your time. Stop letting it get to you, man up. I don't business with racists or racist jokes - even from someone who dosen't know better. I have no time for it on any level. So don't come on here after working 5 shifts in JD Sports and seeing Sanjay get promoted to floor manager before you and start talking about the hardships of the professional world and insitutionalized racism like you know the first thing about it.
c/s I've said most of the last paragaph already if you cared to read. How can you turn it onto me? That doesnt make sense. Funny how you come out of the woodwork the one time I said something wrongLol @ bold though. Pretty pathetic
Just clocked, Streets made the original comment, yet your post doesnt mention him. Why not?

Guest LucaPiano

I wouldn't of said Barack Obama was black man personally but it's the closest thing black Americans have come to in relation of someone of their own that they can relate to and the feeling he can bring them comfort and hope. I heard last night on BBC1 he was the most left wing person out of 100 candidates?

Heres the the thing about his election...It will give neoconservatives the greatest motivation ever to come out and say racism no longer exists. And while his nomination may symbol great strides in the attitudes of some whites. You only have to look at the states he lost in (and he lost in them pretty heavily) to start questioning things. I want to believe america has changed, but how do you erase a history of racism purely because you voted in a mixed race president. Maybe im being cyncial (or maybe im developing arguments for my dissertation ;-) )

Guest LucaPiano

Mr Q good post,I do think this is a great bit of history but what can Barack Obama do to different to justify the cause of celebration than from a white president. Will black Americans be more giving to the communities just because the president is one of their own? does this mean they was a part of their own downfull by not trying because other presidents are white. Now if I was in a black americans shoes I may have a different point of view but im trying to view it from my shoes as clearly as possible. I would like to know personally what black/ black americans feel Barack Obama is goign to bring to benifit their race? I am trying to not sound out of order or like a d*ckhead, i really want to know the thoughts of people

when u actually THINK about this its so deep.like for all them ollddd black americans some of them werent allowed to vote, and they see this happen.lol at ppl sayin his colour isnt significant. only ppl sayin that are whites or bounties tbh.
I studied civil rights..All I'm saying is, I totally understand why Jesse Jackson was moved to tears.This guy had MLK's blood on his shirt.