Best protein shake?

dotcomma

• 3 weeks later...

Myprotein ftw! 2.5kg of impact whey protein for £26.00. 5kg for £46.49. if u go unflavoured its even cheaper (about £36.00 for 5kg) tastes good too! choc nut is what im on at the moment. mixes good with water and milk. their powdered oats are good for making a quick breakfast shake. http://www.myprotein.com/UK/products/impact_whey_proteinuse my referal code MP108083 for a 5% discount and i get some referal points too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

you see where it just says Per 30g ServingProtein : 21.8gFat : 1.9gCarbohydrates: 3.8gof which sugars: 0.3gFibre: Trace Sodium: TraceLactose: Trace Energy as kcal: 119kcalDo you go buy this or the in detail info like Essential Amino Acids g/100g ProteinIsoleucine 6.4Leucine 10.6Lysine 9.6Methionine 2.2Phenylalanine 3.0Threonine 6.7Tryptophan 1.4Valine 5.9Non-Essential Amino Acids g/100g ProteinAlanine 5.0Arginine 2.1Aspartic Acid 11.0Cystine/Cysteine 2.2Glutamic Acid 18.1Glycine 1.4Histidine 1.7Proline 5.5Serine 4.6Tyrosine 2.6Buy the way the info at the beginning was from this producthttp://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-optimum-health-ultimate-whey-protein-2-25kgand the detail info was from myprotien impact whey proteinI was actually thinking of buying the optimum whey protein with free creatine tablets. Would you recommend?

you see where it just says Per 30g ServingProtein : 21.8gFat : 1.9gCarbohydrates: 3.8gof which sugars: 0.3gFibre: Trace Sodium: TraceLactose: Trace Energy as kcal: 119kcalDo you go buy this or the in detail info like Essential Amino Acids g/100g ProteinIsoleucine 6.4Leucine 10.6Lysine 9.6Methionine 2.2Phenylalanine 3.0Threonine 6.7Tryptophan 1.4Valine 5.9Non-Essential Amino Acids g/100g ProteinAlanine 5.0Arginine 2.1Aspartic Acid 11.0Cystine/Cysteine 2.2Glutamic Acid 18.1Glycine 1.4Histidine 1.7Proline 5.5Serine 4.6Tyrosine 2.6Buy the way the info at the beginning was from this producthttp://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-optimum-health-ultimate-whey-protein-2-25kgand the detail info was from myprotien impact whey proteinI was actually thinking of buying the optimum whey protein with free creatine tablets. Would you recommend?
i wouldnt worry about it too much tbh, u need a chemistry/biology degree to really understand what particular amino acids do. From what ive read there are around 20 proteinogenic ("protein building") amino acids. The human body converts these PAA's into usable proteins to repair and create new tissue.we divide PAA's into two groups essential and non essential. the terms essential and non-essential are a slight misnomer, as all of them are crucial for health. But non-essential AA's can be synthesized by the human body and essential AA's can only be obtained from the foods that we eat. among the essential AA's we have the Branched Chain AA's. BCAA's have been identified as one of the more useful types of AA's for lean muscle growth. BCAA's can be found in meat, milk, eggs and whey. So i suppose we could say that a whey powder richer in BCAA's is superior. But really there's not much between the whey products on the market. There are some things to consider tho, personally i feel whey isolates are superior to whey concentrates (more of what you need, less of what you dont). Concentrates are cheaper but more likely to cause gut issues ime (farting, bloating etc). Also there's the filtration methods, cheaper protein powders have usually been heat filtered which tends to cause more digestive problems with a lot of people than the more expensive cold filtered ones. Nothing to lose sleep over really.Dont watch the hype, other than being more mixable and tasting better, these products have been the same for decades and there's not really a "best protein shake" as such. choosing "the right" protein powder is not something u need to worry about, avoiding additives, artificial sweeteners and flavorings is good advice (with anything you eat not just powders) but as long as you can chug it without gagging and it doesnt tear up ur insides, uve got a winner.Also most importantly remember whey powders are a supplement, dont make them ur main protein source. personally i use shakes to make up no more than 1/4 of my daily protein intake, spend the money on meat/eggs/milk etc.
  • Upvote 1

which shake has the most fatnot protein etc. FATmans ripped already jus want more fatcant go gym for about 3 months done my wrist smh
mix your shake with whole fat milk or better yet jersey milk, 75p a litre at sainsbury last time i checked.or get a high quality olive oil (ones in the dark bottles) and have a few tbl spoons of that everyday (in shake or on food)

which shake has the most fatnot protein etc. FATmans ripped already jus want more fatcant go gym for about 3 months done my wrist smh
mix your shake with whole fat milk or better yet jersey milk, 75p a litre at sainsbury last time i checked.or get a high quality olive oil (ones in the dark bottles) and have a few tbl spoons of that everyday (in shake or on food)
Cheers boss

i always lol when people say they wanna put on fat cos they are 'ripped' unless you're very skinny defined, its just weird to hear that you want to put on fat cos you're ripped. been off protein shakes for last 2 months...its weird how i havent lost the muscle i was scared i could,and been more cut from it while adding more weight, as i had to adjust my diet alot

i always lol when people say they wanna put on fat cos they are 'ripped' unless you're very skinny defined, its just weird to hear that you want to put on fat cos you're ripped. been off protein shakes for last 2 months...its weird how i havent lost the muscle i was scared i could,and been more cut from it while adding more weight, as i had to adjust my diet alot
oh kool

i always lol when people say they wanna put on fat cos they are 'ripped' unless you're very skinny defined, its just weird to hear that you want to put on fat cos you're ripped.
i usually assume "im ripped but..." is code for im skinny and i want to get bigger, sentence screams out for some heavy calorie loading./oh and steeltoe, try and work around your injury, if you cant pull/press, squat a lot, and if you cant hold a barbell on ur back use a power squat/hack squat/leg press machine. thats what i did when i broke my hand a while back.

• 4 weeks later...

Been using Phd pharma gain for a week now. One of the easiest to drink shakes I have had. Small serving and doesnt leave you bloated so can eat straight after it. Cant comment on effectivness as like I said only been a week. Banana tastes okay though. Maybe a little bit weak and bland. but okay.

• 1 month later...

on the trojan mass gainer at the moment, it's pretty good i'm putting on weight quickly without losing my rip.http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ioIB99jtAnY/S1TfZ4UckOI/AAAAAAAAAV4/tz2bd5AQXhs/S220/trojan+supp+range.jpgbig tub on the left, cost me £35 because i got it from a connect, normally like £45 i think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For what you get Maximuscle is a rip off. Can get a lot cheaper stuff that lasts longer with more protien and calories. That Bsn True Mass stuff I got though a few posts above is the WORST tasting shake I have ever had. Ive had some bad ones but been able to handle them. The banana flavour is just vile.

BSN is a good brand, im on syntha 6 and no xplode and cellmas.LOL @ people say they just wanna tone up, summer is almost finished here so you might as well go ona lean bulk, then start getting shredded around april time for next summer. you'll have a good amount of muscle as well as being ripped. Instead of just "toning up", you'll just look like any 150 pound homo faggot

they have a sister company called Maxiraw which is similar to myprotein etc etchttp://www.maxiraw.com/?gclid=CPrW9Pyh9aoCFUYz3wodIFKEAAthey say that its more expensive for Maximuscle due to the "extensive" testing to ensure it passes tests for athletes. I tried some samples at Bodypower Expo - stuff tasted vile apart from the Maximilk drinks which taste like milkshake. i have been using Bodybuilding Warehouse Premium Whey in chocolate flavourhttp://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk/bodybuilding-warehouse-premium-whey-protein---4kg-4008-p.aspyou get 133 servings for £43.95. I was on ON Gold Standard but that stuff is the same price for more or less similar ingredients with only 77 servings. I am thinkin of copping some Gaspari MyoFusion though as I have heard that stuff tastes really good and its a nice blend of isloate, concentrate, milk (casein) so could be ideal for in between meals.