The Mobile Phone Thread

Mic Man

ahh that 1st nokia up top was me, my first phone, had that in like year 6/7, first black yute wid a fone loland i remember that boltblue ting, man used to change the logos n tings everydayahhh i swear that cost like 80 quid from vodafone, was a brick still. Everyman after me got the 3210 and i was left out wid my brick=[

looking back, build quality of mobile phones pre-2000 >>>>>none of my old school nokia's ever broke down/froze/had any software issues. Even if it fell 2 down the stairs, the worst it would get is a cracked screen.If anyone still has any of their old nokias, i bet they still work. I doubt in 5 years time, we could say the same thing about today's phones.At my radio station, we still use a nokia 6110? cos they can handle bare calls and text all coming in high volume. Whereas when we had a Motorola Razr, thing was crashing every 2 minutes and taking ages to load up text messages- cos the software is sh*t in comparison!

Guest DN Braund

3410 was my first fonei remember all the rich kids comin into school with their sh*tif u think about itfrom year 7 to year 11..technology moves FASSSSSTcoz i started school with nothing (lets all cry together)cnt even remeber what i left withbut it's 6 years since i got my first fonen right nw i gt a blackberry bold, nokia e90 and a htc touch diamond technology is f*ckin SICK

8310-1102.jpgthis remains my favourite fone of all timethe period when i had this phone>>>__it's the radio that did it for meallowed me to listen to all those sets
*spuds*im currently on the hunt for one of these. apart from the black and white screen, phone is still relevant today!Also, who had the "Megamix" ringtone, with bare different garage tunes. Think So Solid 'Woah' was on there, Triplets, 138 degree trek and a few others.

8310-1102.jpgthis remains my favourite fone of all timethe period when i had this phone>>>__it's the radio that did it for meallowed me to listen to all those sets
yeah thats the one i meant. best phone ive ever had
philips_c12.pnghad the old version of this......bought it from bhs cos they had some offer.Was the 1st kid in the school to bring a mobile in...then it got confiscated whilst I was trying to write a text.___________>>>>>>scrolling text messages
this was my first phone i couldnt remember what it was called. i was well happy when my dad bought it for me, then everyone else got 5110's and i was so jealous

*spuds*im currently on the hunt for one of these. apart from the black and white screen, phone is still relevant today!Also, who had the "Megamix" ringtone, with bare different garage tunes. Think So Solid 'Woah' was on there, Triplets, 138 degree trek and a few others.
eBayBought two not long ago.

i remember herdy gurdy lol, that ringtone was sick!this was my first phone, i still have it.. the massive siemens c10.. buttons were hard as sh*t2w33m3b.jpgi remember when i first got it, it just used to always be off lol.. my friends used to call my house phone to tell me to turn my phone on!after the siemens, i got a face off. then i just jumped straight to the 3310, missed out on the whole 3210 era

3410 was my first fonei remember all the rich kids comin into school with their sh*tif u think about itfrom year 7 to year 11..technology moves FASSSSSTcoz i started school with nothing (lets all cry together)cnt even remeber what i left withbut it's 6 years since i got my first fonen right nw i gt a blackberry bold, nokia e90 and a htc touch diamond technology is f*ckin SICK
:confused: Dont think this is the topic for you.Basically, if you werent on One2One and had a Nokia Lol @ tryna draw girls. For a long while I was that guy. Dad sold my 121 phone and bought me Orange Motorolla StarTac. Them days where I never got phonecalls - hard times. Man, had to get people to bell my bredrins 3210 or we abused his dad's 7110/7210 (whichever was the Matrix phone) free after 7 and on weekends (f*ckin legendary 0956 number from Mercury flip fone days). When I jumped back in-line with my 3310, didnt even compose any rings coz Hurdy Gurdy was that mofofo'in tune. Snakes II without the walls was the sh*t.Still long for the Nokia 5110 with the flashin ariel and rubber buttons

The killer mix was Special txt alert x More Fire 'Oi'. The amount of goons reaching for their phone when that buss. I'm trying to remember if 3210 was the first Nokia with vibrate. I know face off never had it, but I'm sure you could buy a vibrating battery long, long after

The killer mix was Special txt alert x More Fire 'Oi'. The amount of goons reaching for their phone when that buss. I'm trying to remember if 3210 was the first Nokia with vibrate. I know face off never had it, but I'm sure you could buy a vibrating battery long, long after
i think 3310 was the first with vibrate.Also co/sign on this not being the topic for Durtty boy.. 3410 first phone?? that sh*t was advanced compared to some of the phones posted. That thing had animated screen savers and ting, kmt.

8310 was sick but the 6510 looked sickernokia-6510.jpg

I have been thinking about this, ever since the 90's thread, because when i think back, Mobile Phones were a big part of my teenage years!I know they are a big part of teenagers lives now, but no way is the hype as big as they were when mobile phones first became "accessible" to urban youths (ie When Nokia 5110 came out)So this is a thread to draw for all your memories of mobile phone fads/ringtones/your favourite phone etc.Note: Please contribute to this thread if you remember......When T-Mobile was One2One...When O2 was BT Cellnet...Motorola Wings or "Baby Erikssons"...When the Phillips Diga was the cheapest Pay as you Go phone you could get (£70!!!)...Classic Ringtons such as Herdy Gerdy, The Entertainer, Mexican Hat Dance, or Auld Lang Sign...Completing Snake...Mobile phones BEFORE texting ever existed!...When changing your phones "face" was the sh*t!...When Voicemailing each other was the only option, as you had no credit!...Spreading the word about One2One network going, so texting/calls were free...When Infra Red was the only free way to transfer anything (But didn't work very well!)...When Phones didn't have a vibrate feature...People sending you text message poems (no one does that anymore?!)...Having holes in your jacket pockets cos your phone weighed 2kilos...When having full reception was rare!...When everyone used to read each other's text messages (Could never do that now tho!)lol, a bit of nostalgia. The ppl over 20 years old will know what im talking about.Who remembers the times before anyone owned a mobile phone??_____ >>>>> Phoning a girl's house and her mum/dad answers. Some of the grillings i got, man was shook. I remember when a girl rang my house, and my Grandma answered. My Grandma went on some military flex about "What do you want my Grandson for, leave him to do his studies, he is a good boy" Then she hung up. :(____ >>>> Being in an Under 18 club (Big up Budwals/Blue Orchid/Gass club/Atlantis/Ben & Jerrys/Fantasia/South links East) and trying to find a pen and paper for a girl to write down her number._____ >>>> Not being able to contact someone when you've planned to meet them somewhere, and they aint there :angry: My first Phone (and probably a few other ppl's), think i was 11 or 12 when i got it?nokia5110eq9.jpgw256.pngBad man phone. Had a Jamaica cover and flashing Aerial.Remember the first time i got a text message, was actually baffled as to how someone sent text?!! did they speak into the phone, and somehow got transferred into text?? lolI had to ring one2one to ask how to text back, and they had to activate texting on my phone.I also remember being on the bus with about 8 man, and all of us (Except 1 dude who couldnt afford a phone) were quiet because every man was playing Snake. I think my best was 1008 or something like that.- - - - - - - - -Bit of a long post, but its good to appreciate things that we now take for granted. I know everyone was bare excited when they got their 1st phone.Add your memories
lol sick, bare memories just flashed in my head, especially the raves like Ben & Jerrys.LOL @ me getting bare ratings for knowing those codes like *#06#