anyone here been threatened with redundancy or been made redundant lately?

MARLO STANSFIELD

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well i work in insolvency so when companies go bust = more business for ustheres no way i could lose my job at the momenti do feel bad when i have to make people redundant though, especially those who aint worked for longer than 2 years so cant get any redundancy pay.if you guys are worried about losing your job, the only piece of advice i can offer is:make sure you have credit card/mortage repayment insurance. cuz the last thing u need is to lose your job then lose your home, or start mounting interest on your cards. the insurance will protect you.

My bosses mate got made redundant so he layed me off so he could take his mate on the f*ck*ng c*nt
cold.I was speaking to one guy who told me that last week rather than having their weekly morning meeting, the manager just told everyone to grab their coats cos their making redundancies. Fortunately for him he still has his job for now.

My bosses mate got made redundant so he layed me off so he could take his mate on the f*ck*ng c*nt
it is illegal to make someone redundant then re-employ someone to do the exact same jobif i were you, i'd go to your citizens advice bureau and get some free legal advice, because you should be due a big payoutthe costs involved in taking them to court<<<<<<<the amount awarded by the courts

Just got a bonus TBH
+ a pay rise, but for real i haven't seen hardly new faces at work from the start of this year, but then again don't think they have been letting people go as well.climates harsh though been looking for a new job and can't even get an interview.

My mates uncle was made redundant after working for a company for 30years.It's getting real right about now.

No redundancies at my company yet but loads of my customers are getting laid off and also not spending so it's hitting my pocket.If the reat of the year goes bad then obv we'll make redundancies but I've seen the list and I could/would never be on it.Either way my bank balance is not what it was this time last year and I got a mortgage to pay etc. Hittin the road hard ftw tbh

Guest LucaPiano
it is illegal to make someone redundant then re-employ someone to do the exact same job
Its not illegal unless the boss has no valid reason for sacking him, the trick is to make the " JOB " redundant and not the person, so im guessing before you goto court you better find out what job this bloke is doing or you going to lose a lot of money

Guest Triple XXX

never workedso non i generally dnt discuss peoples livesimma say i never wanted to work coz i saw the recession comingyea that sounds goodim ridin out the wave

I tell you this.This is not a recession, it will be a depression and there will be people in the developed world here and abroad starving.

I remember an article where a vacancy for bar work paying £5.80 was published on gumtree.com.Within an hour, the bar received close to 150 CV's through email.sh*t is ridiculous out there.Since my last job, I've never really had problems finding another. Now recruitment agencies wouldn't even register you.

the group which owns my company (mosaic fashions) went bust a few weeks ago, was all in the news and stuff, luckily mine and a few other companies were bought by another group but some concessions were not so lucky. i only work there weekends though so it was unlikely to affect me much anyway.

yeah come through with that marlofuse jobs is also a good place to look for workstarting to sink in that this time next week I will be unemployedlol @ them taking me out for drinks i have a dj booking tomorrow gonna be mashed b4 I get thereHi Everyone Marcus unfortunetly will be leaving us at the end of this month and tommorrow (27th March) is his last friday and also the last friday in the month after pay day! So lets all meet him over in O'Neils for a drink to say farewell Hi Marcus It was great working with you. You've been a GEM. But I've got your CV and phone number so will definitely keep in touch. Take care and I wish you all the best in life. Keep doing what you do and keep that lovely smile going... Bless you dear