K Koke USG's (Suspect Gang)

Avon Barksdale

Tef has about 7 or 8 TOP QUALITY mixtapes. His catalogue is bigger then everyone's but like I said he's got his sound but hasn't been able to transfer it mainstream.

I knew someone would say DVS, which is a complete joke. He's had 1 mixtape in his life and people are talking about catalogues?

Dubz I agree I'd put up there but again his work rate hasn't been the best. Blade Brown :lol:

Koke's catalogue is not the best but early this year the quality of his music, features AND videos were second to none.

Dvs has been killing features since 2010 and one in a million is the best mixtape from any Uk artist and that was released 6 years ago.

Koke deserves to get recognition he is easily one of the best, if not THE best in UK Hip Hop.

STOP IT.

Name me some better? And I'm talking all round here.

Tef is up there but he hasnt been able to transfer his style to a more mainstream sound which Koke done before he got locked up.

He didn't transfer his style to mainstream lol.

What Koke spits ain't mainstream, Tinchy, Tinie, Chipmunk are mainstream.

He has a ridiculous buzz don't get me wrong but that hasn't translated into any chart hits yet and there is no evidence it will do so either.

There is nothing to say he will be anything more than a mixtape rapper despite the talent.

Klashnekoff is better than Koke by a mile, he raps the hood shit on an intelligent tip and has UK Classics behind him.

The guy in the glasses Kinetik is too lyrically insane for Koke.

Why are people posting videos from 7 years ago? Swiss WAS one of the best back then but now he's nowhere to be seen, not saying he's lost his talent but his more recent shit has nothing on a track like Cry or Broken Silence. 2006/07 times is when UKHH took over from Grime as the main form of urban music and since then there's been an abundance of variation coming through, suiting a lot of peoples tastes.

UKHH not good enough to distinguish who's better? You obviously don't listen to the genre so why post in this thread.

@ TF I'm still waiting on you to name some better, if you don't know Tef's catalogue then your opinion is bollocks. From the start of 08 Tef's easily put in the most GOOD work since the genre started moving forward. GMT 1, GMT 1.5, GMT 2, Call of Duty, Belvedere Music & Respect My Hustle are top quality. Over The Head, Dukes of Hazard & Tef London are also decent mixtapes.

You can't name me ONE person in the UK with a bigger or better catalogue of music then Tef.

@ Luca Toney, obviously I don't mean mainstream like Chipmunk or Tinie Tempah, they sold out to make mainstream music instead of sticking by and trying to get there music there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvB6ITmJWvU&feature=related

Song's like these are what I mean, who else is or has made proper tracks like these in the past 5 years? With enough time and push these type of tunes could make it out there.

Why are people posting videos from 7 years ago? Swiss WAS one of the best back then but now he's nowhere to be seen, not saying he's lost his talent but his more recent shit has nothing on a track like Cry or Broken Silence. 2006/07 times is when UKHH took over from Grime as the main form of urban music and since then there's been an abundance of variation coming through, suiting a lot of peoples tastes.

UKHH not good enough to distinguish who's better? You obviously don't listen to the genre so why post in this thread.

@ TF I'm still waiting on you to name some better, if you don't know Tef's catalogue then your opinion is bollocks. From the start of 08 Tef's easily put in the most GOOD work since the genre started moving forward. GMT 1, GMT 1.5, GMT 2, Call of Duty, Belvedere Music & Respect My Hustle are top quality. Over The Head, Dukes of Hazard & Tef London are also decent mixtapes.

You can't name me ONE person in the UK with a bigger or better catalogue of music then Tef.

@ Luca Toney, obviously I don't mean mainstream like Chipmunk or Tinie Tempah, they sold out to make mainstream music instead of sticking by and trying to get there music there.

Song's like these are what I mean, who else is or has made proper tracks like these in the past 5 years? With enough time and push these type of tunes could make it out there.

Dvs and Blade Brown have made better tracks in the last 5 years.

because your in the mainstream

you sold out?

who wants to hear gun talk/im poor/its hard where i grew up/im flagging for my ends in the charts ?

the buzz and fan base you make on the underground scene can only take you so far...... after that its just about making good music whilst still rapping that appeals to everyone to try and maximise your audience

selling out would be rapping on the underground then singing songs to try get into charts or making cheesy gimmicky music

that is selling out

• Upvote 1

I checked his catalogue, while we was debating... and TBH I bumped GMT pretty hard, then listened to that dud Call of Duty (awful) and the youtube videos I've seen since of his has not interested me to check anything else since, as I suspect he'd already peaked on GMT.

Neither of those tunes have any commercial appeal imo.

• Downvote 1

you sold out?

who wants to hear gun talk/im poor/its hard where i grew up/im flagging for my ends in the charts ?

the buzz and fan base you make on the underground scene can only take you so far...... after that its just about making good music whilst still rapping that appeals to everyone to try and maximise your audience

selling out would be rapping on the underground then singing songs to try get into charts or making cheesy gimmicky music

that is selling out

Uk scene is shit, only way a black rapper will sell is jumping on stupid dance beats.

Tinie Tempah ain't no sell out though, his just an opportunist, his always been switching his style or should i say his production.

Also what you mean the underground scene can only take you so far?

You can make proper p off the underground scene, look at Tech nine and Immortal Technique for example, their fanbase is worldwide, and undoubtedly richer than any Uk artist we can boast off including Tinie Tempah, Tinchy Stryder etc.

I checked his catalogue, while we was debating... and TBH I bumped GMT pretty hard, then listened to that dud Call of Duty (awful) and the youtube videos I've seen since of his has not interested me to check anything else since, as I suspect he'd already peaked on GMT.

OH MY GOD

• Upvote 6

you sold out?

that is selling out

Like I said in the other post stick with the genre you make and try get that mainstream.

Going from Grime music to Oopsy Daisy and whatever other shit he released is selling out. Tinie Tempah fair enough was never really Grime.

And UK Hip Hop has more potential then Grime ever did.

Call of Duty awful? :lol:

That said I guess your taste is different to mine. Again you haven't named any artists that you feel are better so forget about it.