Drake

JLovely

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It not about how many tapes or albums you put out

Its firstly the quality of the music and secondly what it brings to the rap game

Biggie is a legend of two albums a few features

Drake has probably about 10 tapes, they may be consistent but they aren't ready to die or life after death or Infamous

You can't be a legend without classics imo, and Drake doesn't have any classic albums

Very good music, of course, classics no

Maybe we have different views on what makes someone a legend

Biggie, Nas, Pac, Jay, Rakim, Raekwon, Pun, 50, Dre, Cube etc these are rap legends, to put Drake and Nicki Minaj on that list is very disrespectful to them and rap

It not about how many tapes or albums you put out

Its firstly the quality of the music and secondly what it brings to the rap game

Biggie is a legend of two albums a few features

Drake has probably about 10 tapes, they may be consistent but they aren't ready to die or life after death or Infamous

You can't be a legend without classics imo, and Drake doesn't have any classic albums

Very good music, of course, classics no

Maybe we have different views on what makes someone a legend

Biggie, Nas, Pac, Jay, Rakim, Raekwon, Pun, 50, Dre, Cube etc these are rap legends, to put Drake and Nicki Minaj on that list is very disrespectful to them and rap

What recent classic albums have there been?

Putting out very good, consistent music in a weak era doesn't give you legend status

fam

if drake is a legend then that tells you all you need to know about the levels of the game in the modern era

push his career back five years and i dunno what he's saying, side dish/hipster fetish or bossing the game as the guy yeezy and wayne are biting

/

to say no classics have come out since the documentary is ludicrous though its been ten years or suttin

The records keep coming for Drake, who matches the Beatles' feat first set 51 years ago.

Thanks to his surprise album If You're Reading This It's Too Late, which debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 (dated Feb. 28) with 535,000 equivalent album units, according to Nielsen Music, Drake has tied a record that stood unmatched for 51 years: He charts 14 songs simultaneously on the Billboard Hot 100 (dated March 7). The sum equals the 14 titles that the Beatles placed on the Hot 100 dated April 11, 1964.

The history-tying achievement is the latest chart honor for Drake via the new set. In addition to the release's No. 1 bow (it dips to No. 2 on the March 7-dated Billboard 200, down by 65 percent to 187,000), he became the first rapper to top the Billboard Artist 100 chart (which he rules for a second week). Drake also boasts a new-record 21 titles on Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs, including all 17 tracks from Late.

With Drake (now up to 85 career Hot 100 entries, the fifth-best sum all-time) and the Beatles now side-by-side in Hot 100 history, here's a look at each act's 14 songs that have placed them above all others. In one notable difference, Drake is the lead act on 10 titles and featured on four others; the Beatles were leads (in an era largely devoid of featured billings) on all 14 of their simultaneous chart hits. (The Beatles additionally held half the top 10 on April 11; Drake's highest-charted hit this week ranks at No. 16.)

(The Beatles' Paul McCartney, of course, is currently continuing to add to his legacy: His "FourFiveSeconds," with Rihanna and Kanye West, ranks at No. 6 on the Hot 100 after rising to No. 4 last week.)

Drake's 14 simultaneous Hot 100 Hits (March 7, 2015)

No. 16, "Only," Nicki Minaj featuring Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown

No. 17, "Truffle Butter," Minaj featuring Drake & Lil Wayne

No. 26, "Energy"

No. 49, "Tuesday," ILoveMakonnen featuring Drake

No. 52, "Legend"

No. 58, "10 Bands"

No. 68, "Blessings," Big Sean featuring Drake

No. 70, "Know Yourself" (debut)

No. 81, "No Tellin' " (debut)

No. 82, "Preach," featuring PartyNextDoor

No. 83, "6 God" (debut)

No. 84, "Used To," featuring Lil Wayne

No. 95, "Now & Forever" (debut)

No. 97, "6 Man" (debut)

cudi-drake-gif.gif

see all these numbers are confusing me

people can download albums/mixtapes/singles from pirate sites

so obviously these numbers come from credible sites to compile these lists?

so platinum is what... 500,000 units? so @ 99p for example is $495,000 ?

so clearly these guys are making all the money from tours and endorsements if im not mistaken

• 4 months later...

Stop comparing drake to me too.... He don't write his own raps! That's why he ain't tweet my album because we found out!

5:46am - 22 Jul 15

Meek on drake

He ain't even write that verse on my album and if I woulda knew I woulda took it off my album..... I don't trick my fans! Lol

Pmsl meek acting like he got bars. Neither got bars tbh